LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Creation88
Art Expert

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:38 pm

just built the Farnsworth House. pretty simple build but looks cool.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:45 am

Creation88 wrote:just built the Farnsworth House. pretty simple build but looks cool.
Love that one once completed, but DAMN those white 1x1 tiles. Took extra care to get them all straight in a grid. Same thing with gray tiles on the Robie House.

But it looks super sweet once completed, agreed on that!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:58 am

starkdesign wrote:
Creation88 wrote:just built the Farnsworth House. pretty simple build but looks cool.
Love that one once completed, but DAMN those white 1x1 tiles. Took extra care to get them all straight in a grid. Same thing with gray tiles on the Robie House.

Yes! I was going bonkers trying to get those lined up. I ended up figuring out a couple tricks to straighten them out.

I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday while my car was getting it's oil changed and tires rotated. Ended up getting the Rockefeller Center and Empire States Building sets. I wouldn't typically buy from BN (no VIP points) but since Rockefeller is retired and Empire is sold out at the Lego Shop (retiring soon?) I bit the bullet.

I also ordered a minifig off eBay to complete my mash-up idea.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
logan5ive
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Anybody else looking to trade? I still have this:
79010 The Hobbit: Goblin King Battle
battleroyale
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:26 pm

My daughter got the 3 in 1 creator set with the cat, dog, 31021. it was an awesome built considering the price. The cat is so detailed with paws, ears, eyebrows, whiskers and mouth that all move
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm

fanboy wrote:
starkdesign wrote:

Yes! I was going bonkers trying to get those lined up. I ended up figuring out a couple tricks to straighten them out.

I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday while my car was getting it's oil changed and tires rotated. Ended up getting the Rockefeller Center and Empire States Building sets. I wouldn't typically buy from BN (no VIP points) but since Rockefeller is retired and Empire is sold out at the Lego Shop (retiring soon?) I bit the bullet.

I also ordered a minifig off eBay to complete my mash-up idea.
Same here, have a few little tricks to keep them aligned, but it is still a pain to do (although less of a pain than looking at a model and seeing discombobulated tiles everywhere)!

And I had to recently purchase a hole in my architecture collection from a local BAM, Burj Khalifa to be precise. Hated doing it, since they upcharge LEGO sets usually, and no VIP points, but a good place to raid for retired or sold out sets at times. Just wish they had that LE singapore Marina Bay Sands set... :wink:

And when is the minifig contest deadline again? I am having "builders block" at the moment, need to channel the inner master builder lol, but scared to compete with what is out there already, good stuff from this thread!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:21 pm

So..

Emmet

PLUS

Doc Brown

EQUALS

Doc Emmet Brown :D

-

Think I'll take some better pics tomorrow. Also had no idea how dusty my Delorean and Doc had gotten up on the mantlepiece. :oops:
My up to date trades and ISOs.
IronRinn
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:24 pm

You guys are really good at this minifig thing.

Unrelated: Dat crane:

starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Dammit 1nkling, I should just give up now!

Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:30 pm

I wanna see that new SW Imperial Shuttle!!!!
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:30 pm

:clap: Nice job on the Doc Brown
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:51 pm

I picked this up on eBay the other day.

ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
glenn1
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 pm

1nkling wrote:Doc Emmet Brown
Ha, nice. I was thinking of using the Doc Brown fig too! Maybe I still will. You guys are too dang clever.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:08 pm

fanboy wrote:I picked this up on eBay the other day.

Nice! Torn on whether or not to pursue that one, since its not officially an architecture set (at least that is what I remember reading), post some pics when its built!
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Anyone got a hotdog guy?
http://www.legendaryframes.com

I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.