LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
shoeless
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:55 am

Ive put the VW camper and R2D2 on my list for Santa.....and Santa has not taken me seriously.
fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:02 am

shoeless wrote:Ive put the VW camper and R2D2 on my list for Santa.....and Santa has not taken me seriously.
Santa didn't take my vw camper request seriously either.
ImageT.K.C.
edgar
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:16 am

Stark- I've got you.

Any of you that may be waiting on buying the Santa's workshop set should probably get on that sooner than not.

It will most likely be gone very soon...even though there is still next year/this is only its first appearance. Limit is now one per household.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:07 am

edgar wrote:Stark- I've got you.

Any of you that may be waiting on buying the Santa's workshop set should probably get on that sooner than not.

It will most likely be gone very soon...even though there is still next year/this is only its first appearance. Limit is now one per household.
:D :D :D Thx for the help dude, awesome! Holler at me for details whenever!

Placed an order at lego.com last night after an hour of the site being down. Ended up ordering 2 minecraft sets, a few holiday items, some clearance chima cases and little stocking stuffers. made the price point for the 2nd holiday set (which was my main target lol), but man lego was NOT ready for black friday shoppers, the site was CRAWLING even after it was back up.

Still bummed about the walmart sets being sold out here. might try to go by the store again today just to see if they had more hidden somewhere, gotta hope!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:48 am

Walmart sets sold out instantly here....but probably because crazies like me grabbed them all as soon as they said. Go.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:03 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:Walmart sets sold out instantly here....but probably because crazies like me grabbed them all as soon as they said. Go.
Figured that was the case here. I know a few LEGO nuts in town here (besides me lol) that probably jumped on them. I also know a fellow EB'r here had plenty at his location, teasing me with a facebook pic lol!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Yeah there was a pallet of them. Just a large crowd surrounding them too.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:11 pm

starkdesign wrote:I also know a fellow EB'r here had plenty at his location, teasing me with a facebook pic lol!
:oops:
Albah
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Anyone have an extra of these polybagged figures? If so I might be interested in purchasing them:

Chrome Vader
Chrome Trooper
Chrome TC-14
Red TC4
Shadow ARF trooper

Still looking for the Space Marine from Series 7 too
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Deadareus wrote:
starkdesign wrote:I also know a fellow EB'r here had plenty at his location, teasing me with a facebook pic lol!
:oops:
:wink:

Went back to check both walmarts in town tonight, no luck. one had a few of the Duplo sets still, but who needs those?! :D
Scopitone
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:21 pm

Has anyone ever used the Lego replacement page? I've only ever had EXTRA pieces in my sets and never had one go missing. After some Googling I found that there's apparently a Lego Replacement page? Amazing. I clicked on the ONE piece I was missing and that was nearly a month ago. Has anyone ever used that service before? Seems scarily exploitable.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Scopitone wrote:Has anyone ever used the Lego replacement page? I've only ever had EXTRA pieces in my sets and never had one go missing. After some Googling I found that there's apparently a Lego Replacement page? Amazing. I clicked on the ONE piece I was missing and that was nearly a month ago. Has anyone ever used that service before? Seems scarily exploitable.
I knew such a place existed, but in the 28+ years I have been building, I have NEVER purchased a set with any missing pieces. Spares are always in them, usually 1x1 studs, but I did have a 2x3 or larger extra once or twice. Crazy high quality assurance there!
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:53 pm

i have used it once when i was short one piece and once when i lost a piece myself
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:01 am

starkdesign wrote: Went back to check both walmarts in town tonight, no luck. one had a few of the Duplo sets still, but who needs those?! :D
I was going to stop back in later in the day but was told they were sold out by 10:30. Another friend of mine approached a guy with 9 of them in his cart and asked if he could have on for his children. The guy said no, he needed them all.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Deadareus wrote:
starkdesign wrote: Went back to check both walmarts in town tonight, no luck. one had a few of the Duplo sets still, but who needs those?! :D
I was going to stop back in later in the day but was told they were sold out by 10:30. Another friend of mine approached a guy with 9 of them in his cart and asked if he could have on for his children. The guy said no, he needed them all.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

I know people flip all kinds of stuff, but really, can't spread the LEGO goodness a little?

I am guessing the LEGO movie really spurred people on to the brick madness? I remember going to Walmart a few years ago and snagging some brick sets just like this no problem, people were all about the electronics and furby/scooters/whatever. Evidence here from 2011 (taken by my wife lol making fun of me for braving black friday just for LEGO):