LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:11 am

chimpun wrote:Ditto. Gonna post some pics of the whole monster fighter spread. I think we have everything but the vampyre castle and the zombies set.
That damn zombies set escaped me completely. Only reason I don't go for the full series (too rich for my blood since my kids have decimated all the other sets we have and there is no way I am going to root thru all their bricks to rebuild all the other sets).

Sometimes it takes great restraint to not become the dad in the LEGO movie!

:wink:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
glenn1
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 am

We don't have any of the other Monster Hunter sets, but I'm tempted to track down the other monster minifigs so we can put them around the house.
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:25 am

Vampyre Castle is an excellent set, looks great and have great minifigures. I
'm only missing Haunted house, but at $400 over here...
edgar
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:49 am

The judges have spoken and the results are in.

For the panel, I selected:

Two LEGO store employees (they work at two different stores and do not know each other)

A friend and her boyfriend

Another friend who is a rather knowledgeable SW fan

Overall, I was very pleased with all of your entries. Ackbar set the bar rather high and I think there were some good responses to that get-the-ball-rolling piece. My judges felt the same way as well. Two of them asked "what does second place get?" and that, combined with the scoring/strength of the entries has prompted me to suprise you all with a second and third prize as well.

Anyways, without further ado...

RunnerS up are:

The S crew: Scumbugg and Starkdesign.

Mapman, Congratulations! your Star Destroyer/Falcon build wins :clap:

S Gang, if you guys are cool with it - I will get you each a snowspeeder microfighter when they are released (seems appropriate for this giveaway). Or if you'd prefer more instant gratification, I'll get one of the current ones out your way, right away.

Send me your addresses guys and THANKS TO ALL FOR PARTICIPATING.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
glenn1
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:59 am

The mini falcon attached to that star destroyer was great. Congrats Mapman!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:17 am

Congrats Mapman!!!

And SUPER thanks to Edgar for hosting the competition. Was an awesome idea for all of us AFOLs here, hopefully we can do more stuff like this in the future!

:clap:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
scumbugg
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:54 am

Yeah! Way to go Mapman! That Falcon was certainly the icing on the cake. And Edgar, you're one of the best dudes in one of the best threads on this site. Thanks for doing what you do to make this place fun and worthwile.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Holy fudge guys, my 2 worlds are colliding... 50 years ago. :shock:

http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/10/nin ... 68-71.html

usamamasan1
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:16 pm

let's all smile together.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:20 pm

congrats!
chimpun
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Conga-rats to Mapman and big ups to Edgar for setting it the whole thing up!
chimpun
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:48 pm

starkdesign wrote:
chimpun wrote:Ditto. Gonna post some pics of the whole monster fighter spread. I think we have everything but the vampyre castle and the zombies set.
That damn zombies set escaped me completely.
I haven't been able to justify the aftermarket price for the zombie set. I got that UCS AT-AT for less than that set goes for and I got a ton more bricks.

Side note: I want to put some trick or treaters lining up to the haunted house. I've seen a pic of this somewhere, where people use the little kid heads or legs on superhero torsos and such. It's the whole trick or treating scene. Don't have too many little kid legs, so it'll probably have to wait until next year. This is basically what I mean though
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Awesome!

Very deserving winners! Thanks for the comp Edgar. I'm definitely going to try a little harder next time. I really need to get myself a box of loose lego for making things out of as I've hardly anything that isn't a built set.

Are we doing a Halloween competition?
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:53 pm

We have everything but the Ghost Train. I was not a fan of that set, but love everything else. Bummed the line isn't continuing. Hope it gets some love down the road again at some point.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
We have everything but the Ghost Train. I was not a fan of that set, but love everything else. Bummed the line isn't continuing. Hope it gets some love down the road again at some point.
My dad got the kids that set, its ok but not great. My favorite part of it was the back carts had wings on them that would flap as it rolled along. And the face on the front would make for a good creepy alt Thomas the Tank Engine build... :P