LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Lukexxxi
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:03 am

It just dosnt look like a real set, still looks to "fan made"
schmoff
Art Expert

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:19 am

yeah the hood and windshield area are very amateurish looking
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Agreed to all of the above, but I'll still buy it. Partially because I love that series of movies, and partially to help support the Cuusoo movement. But yeah, not quite up to the caliber I would expect...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:12 am

We need a UCS Delorean. Shame there are no minifigures with it as well.
alexphoto01
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Deadareus
Art Expert

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Nice Freddie ^^

Agreed on the Delorean but I too will purchase one. We'll have to try and make our own figs to go with it.

While I think it could have been done a little better, I feel like they wanted to keep the product similar to what the fans voted on. They did make some considerable upgrades to the model however. I think the fan made hood element is more true to the original car than the actual release. Not quite sure what the thinking was there. But overall I prefer the version being released.

Gotta make a hover board to go with Marty. Nice touch.

ImageImage
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:40 pm

So it does come with minifigures.

Bricknews has posted an image containing the box and minifigures for the upcoming LEGO BTTF DeLorean 21103 set! It will include Marty McFly and Doc Brown minifigures. In addition, the instructions provided contains three different versions of the Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine representing the 3 different movies. Price would apparently be £34.99. Thanks to staff Brickbuilder0937 for the heads up.

ahrkitekt
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:08 pm

YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:So it does come with minifigures.

Bricknews has posted an image containing the box and minifigures for the upcoming LEGO BTTF DeLorean 21103 set! It will include Marty McFly and Doc Brown minifigures. In addition, the instructions provided contains three different versions of the Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine representing the 3 different movies. Price would apparently be £34.99. Thanks to staff Brickbuilder0937 for the heads up.

Nice! Back to the Future minifigs, a hoverboard/skateboard, and it looks like a time circuits block as well.
ISO Horkey Nesting
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:14 pm

ahrkitekt wrote:
YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:So it does come with minifigures.

Nice! Back to the Future minifigs, a hoverboard/skateboard, and it looks like a time circuits block as well.
Just hope they get those dates correct! Don't want to see ANY MORE incorrect meme gifs in my facebook feed... (stupid people, happens every damn month)

Also love that the flux capacitor is there!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Count
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:28 am

Nice. My kids are starting to reach the age where they play with Legos and I might pick this one up to add to the collection.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:02 am

That's awesome news! They're gonna sell a ton more of this set with figures in it. Congrats to the person who created it. I wonder what 1% looks like from one of these sets?
Deadareus
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:10 am

I was trying to hold out until July for my next Lego.com order (because I wanted the Hot Dog cart freebie) but pulled the trigger Saturday on the Creator Apple Tree House. It said call for availability, I did, and was told there were only 10 left in stock. 1 is on its way to my house along with the Creator Log Cabin.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 am

Deadareus wrote:I was trying to hold out until July for my next Lego.com order (because I wanted the Hot Dog cart freebie) but pulled the trigger Saturday on the Creator Apple Tree House. It said call for availability, I did, and was told there were only 10 left in stock. 1 is on its way to my house along with the Creator Log Cabin.
Nice! I love the Creator series, and really am excited to get that new modern house set they just showed off. The Log Cabin is ok, the base model is a little flimsy (at least for the little hands in my house), but was a fun build.
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:46 am

Just bought my first modular (pet shop). Pretty excited.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
ahrkitekt
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 am

mrkyuss wrote:Just bought my first modular (pet shop). Pretty excited.
The modular buildings are really fun. The only problem is after you finish one, you'll feel like getting another one, and another, until you are trying to track down older ones on ebay.
ISO Horkey Nesting