Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18133
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 am

sidewaysscott wrote:Image

Image
I keep forgetting to buy a set of those glasses.

Oh and nice beer :drool:
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
greg6906
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:00 am

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:55 am

PrintNoob87 wrote:Looks like they gave out all of the allotted 750 tickets for Friday's portion of New Glarus peach by 9:15ish. Jesus Christ.
We're set to arrive around 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. I'm guessing they will run out even earlier tomorrow, given it's a Saturday.
User avatar
PrintNoob87
Art Expert
Posts: 8865
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:58 am

greg6906 wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:Looks like they gave out all of the allotted 750 tickets for Friday's portion of New Glarus peach by 9:15ish. Jesus Christ.
We're set to arrive around 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. I'm guessing they will run out even earlier tomorrow, given it's a Saturday.
Yeah, same exact plan for us. Maybe I'll shoot to leave Milwaukee around 6 but who knows if that will be early enough with it being a Saturday.
greg6906
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:00 am

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:04 am

PrintNoob87 wrote:
greg6906 wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:Looks like they gave out all of the allotted 750 tickets for Friday's portion of New Glarus peach by 9:15ish. Jesus Christ.
We're set to arrive around 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. I'm guessing they will run out even earlier tomorrow, given it's a Saturday.
Yeah, same exact plan for us. Maybe I'll shoot to leave Milwaukee around 6 but who knows if that will be early enough with it being a Saturday.
Two of the guys I'm going with are there today. They called just now and said they want to leave at 4 a.m. tomorrow. I'm probably going to pass on this trip.
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9509
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:49 pm

My spot got a case of founders dissenter bombers :pint:
User avatar
Vytis33
Art Expert
Posts: 2068
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Did a blind beer tasting last night with 11 different IPA's. Liked both of these so went out and picked up a few more. Sunshine Daydream Session IPA from Fat Heads and Resin from Sixpoint Brewery.

Image
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:58 pm

I had an IPA for National IPA Day. A bomber of Stone IPA. I actually almost enjoyed it. There were flavors to be detected that weren't "industrial solvent" and "grandmother's perfume," and that was a bit of welcome unexpectedness.

I followed it with four Brown Ales, though. On principle.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52720
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:01 pm

greg6906 wrote:Here goes nothing...

Huge aroma on this one. The taste was not far behind. It's like an HGH'd version of Another One. Really enjoyed it. Though I must say it reminded me of fresh DirtWolf, so don't flame me too much. Seek it out, but don't give up the farm for it.

Image
Codeblue wrote:"Another One is still better" - greg6906
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
greg6906
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:00 am

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:29 pm

I thought of your mulleted avatar as I sipped and said to myself "Self, Another One is as good as this."
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm

Glad I've got 2 New Glarus R&D Peaches being sent my way. A 4-pack of heady, VSB, RR 2012 Framboise For a Cure, Bottleworks XII, De GArde Imperial Cranberry Bu, Blueberry Bu, Blackberry Bu, Oude Tart Cherries and a BA Everett will all be tagging along for the ride. :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
zefarrett
Art Freak
Posts: 10127
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 pm

partpat wrote:comparable to dirt wolf :vomit:? You broke my heart and shattered my dreams Greg :lol:
You know, I really really like dirtwolf. I think it's a damn fine substitute to the top tier ipas and is MUCH easier and cheaper to find.
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9509
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:09 pm

zefarrett wrote:
partpat wrote:comparable to dirt wolf :vomit:? You broke my heart and shattered my dreams Greg :lol:
You know, I really really like dirtwolf. I think it's a damn fine substitute to the top tier ipas and is MUCH easier and cheaper to find.

I know, just doesn't do it for me something off about it.
User avatar
zefarrett
Art Freak
Posts: 10127
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Yea... well... uhhh... you just dont do it for me. Maybe if you werent so off! :x
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
greg6906
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:00 am

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:40 pm

DirtWolf is the goods, yo.
User avatar
ipath2003
Art Expert
Posts: 2538
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 am

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Enjoying summer!!!!!!

Image
Post Reply