Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:58 am

jjbehren wrote:Tried Sculpin for the first time last night. Good, but nothing truly special. Wonder if it was a bit too old.

P.S. I slept on the bathroom floor. Got drymounting hammered. Started with 2 Sculpins and didn't slow down.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 27m+a+mess
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:24 am

dougr wrote:Holy moley...just finishing my first Heady Topper, soooooo tasty! Long line at Hunger Mountain Co-op at 3:00; they sold out their 2 palettes (160 cases) in less than a half-hour. No Lawson's delivery today though.

Many thanks EB beer thread, I have a new favorite brew! :cheers:
Holy fudge, for real? When I was there in December there was no hooplah at all at the three places I stopped at. Only saw one other person grab a case at one of the stores. It's totally worth the trip though, so damn tasty.

My buddy and I did some good boozing on saturday. I should have taken a pic of the destruction.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:42 am

jjbehren wrote:Tried Sculpin for the first time last night. Good, but nothing truly special. Wonder if it was a bit too old.
kcn0 wrote: I didn't find anytime special with Sculpin either.
I'm in the same boat. Drinkable, but won't be buying it again. Especially at the $16-18/6pack here.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
Kingfish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:02 pm

ipath2003 wrote:Can anyone get me some Supplication or Chardonnay Barrel Belgian Ale (Fall Migration) - Evolution Craft Brewing Company? PM me

Thank you

I have both (but only 1 extra bottle of Supplication). Have a few of the Fall Migration I believe. I'm in central NJ (Mercer County). Let me know if you are looking to trade.
Last edited by Kingfish on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:11 pm

Cbjornson wrote:
kcn0 wrote: I didn't find anytime special with Sculpin either.
I'm in the same boat. Drinkable, but won't be buying it again. Especially at the $16-18/6pack here.
I am glad I am not the only one. I was really looking forward to trying it but was really underwhelmed. Definitely won't buy it again.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:41 pm

If you have the chance to try some fresh Sculpin on tap, you might change your tune about it.

I've had mixed results buying bottles of the Sculp. Whether that is a matter of freshness or inconsistent batches, I'm not sure. It's never bad, but sometimes it shines more than others.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Dammit, ceevee. Who gave you permission to change your avatar??
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:31 pm

rhythmgtr5 wrote:
jesseindisguise wrote:Took down a fifth of Cantillon Gueuze last night over dinner...feckin' delish. Only $55 on the list.
Pretty easy to get at NYC restaurants?
Not usually, but this place generally gets a fair amount. Hearth, on 1st avenue and 12th street. Great food as well.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
greg6906
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:32 pm

ceevee wrote:If you have the chance to try some fresh Sculpin on tap, you might change your tune about it.

I've had mixed results buying bottles of the Sculp. Whether that is a matter of freshness or inconsistent batches, I'm not sure. It's never bad, but sometimes it shines more than others.
I didn't like Sculpin and too thought it was overpriced until I found one that was less than two weeks old. Completely changed my mind. Check the bottled date before you buy any next time. I bet your tune will change if you can find any super fresh stuff.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Digging the Lagunitas Sucks quarts. Bought a case. :drool:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Aphex139
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:39 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Digging the Lagunitas Sucks quarts. Bought a case. :drool:
Just drank one yesterday. Possibly my favorite Lagunitas offering. :cheers:
ImageImageImageImage
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Put a bomb! in the fridge. Going to open tomorrow I think. Ohhhh yea, very excited to finally try it!
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Colorado folks: Bush & Bull brewery...thoughts? Like the caps, but man the beer looks run of the mill. True?
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:01 pm

beer is ok. one of the first micro brews here. the brewery is cool. man beer is the best IMO.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
greg6906
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:06 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Digging the Lagunitas Sucks quarts. Bought a case. :drool:
Nice! I can't seem to find it fresh around here though. A new bar just opened up a mile from my house. Rode my bike there Saturday afternoon and had a Dos Osos and Citra Hero (both from Revolution). I now have a new hangout. Food is damn good too.