Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Anybody planning a trip to de Garde this weekend?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Perennial memberships open up on sunday if you happen to be in STL.
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:41 pm

This thread has been quiet as of late.....are you guys all hopped out?

I passed on Green City this weekend but might take a trip out to OH for the crunchee on Saturday. Sand City has kept my fridge full.

Anyone try that life and limb from sierra? Maple syrup gets me weak in the knees.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:49 pm

I went to Trillium when I was out in Mass last weekend. Really liked Crown and Crate and Coconut PM Dawn. Thought that biscotti jawn they had needed some time to mellow. I have definitely been buying/drinking less in general though.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Trillium is excellent and I always look forward to hitting them up when we visit Mass.....haven't been there since December. Sometimes I can prod my brother in-law into heading over and grabbing me some goods. Them selling single cans is dope as well.

Did you hit TH? I'll assume not. Place is dope obvi but a hassle for the most part. I don't live that line life any longer.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Tired Hands? Could barely be drymounted to drive to Canton, much less PA. I'd like to hit the new Tree House location when I go to Mass, but over an hour and a half each way is too much,.

P.S. Didn't realize Trillium sold single cans. Is that new? I'd have bought a wider variety if I knew that...
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Fridge has been barren for a bit, did a quick pickup at Grimm.

Nice label on the Strawberry Rebus

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:00 pm

By TH I meant treehouse. I've been to treehouse thrice and walked away with cans once. The other times I was with family and wasn't going to wait more than 10 minutes, lines were past the lot, couldn't do it.

Trillium has sold single cans as far back as I can remember, and yeah totally opens you up to mix and match and try new fudge without dropping ^$20 on a four pack. Big board for pours also. Mad merch. My go-to glass is their 16oz tulip.

Frank - nice, haven't had it, no BK trips for me for 2 months or so. You heading there this weekend for their anny? They posted 2 beers so far, first one a BA blend sour magnum, the second this small batch dipa

:pint:
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:08 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm
Nice label on the Strawberry Rebus
agreed
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Was able to hit up American Solera, Side Project, Narrow Gauge, and Perennial while on vacation/Phish tour earlier this month.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:16 pm

guryter wrote:
By TH I meant treehouse. I've been to treehouse thrice and walked away with cans once. The other times I was with family and wasn't going to wait more than 10 minutes, lines were past the lot, couldn't do it.

Trillium has sold single cans as far back as I can remember, and yeah totally opens you up to mix and match and try new fudge without dropping ^$20 on a four pack. Big board for pours also. Mad merch. My go-to glass is their 16oz tulip.
Ah, my understanding is that with their new Charlton location, it isn't as much of a fudge show and cans can be had with way less effort, but maybe that ain't the case. Only time I've been to Treehouse was at their Monson location, and I got there well before the sale to make sure I got my fudge. Definitely wouldn't do it again, but it was an "experience". Buncha fuggin townies mainly.

Good to know about the single cans at Trillium for next time.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 pm

guryter wrote:
Frank - nice, haven't had it, no BK trips for me for 2 months or so. You heading there this weekend for their anny? They posted 2 beers so far, first one a BA blend sour magnum, the second this small batch dipa

:pint:

That Magnum bottle is so pretty! I'll be with my nieces over the weekend, so unless I can convince my sister I should drag them to Bushwick for Beer.

This was their to go board when I went, no car otherwise I'd be taking home a bunch more.

Hit Fifth Hammer on my way home since they aren't too far. Doing some excellent stuff.

Also wish more NY Breweries did Crowlers. I feel like I barely use my Growlers anymore.

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
HisBobness
Art Expert

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:02 pm

Was browsing Beer Advocate and saw a post about people seeing Oktoberfest beers already. I, for one, love Oktoberfest beers and can't wait for the onslaught of variety. (except pumpkin beers. F pumpkin beers). They're never that high in ABV which is nice for me because recently I've find it hard to drink three or more 8% + ABV beers beers. Maybe cause I'm getting old, idk. So yeah, Sierra Nevada I'm waiting on you!!

Sierra Nevada wrote: More than 200 years old, family-owned Bitburger Brewery uses an exclusive mix of hops toward its famous pilsner—a classified blend never shared outside its walls. Until now. Our collaboration Oktoberfest features what Bitburger calls Siegelhopfen, meaning “sealed hops,” which complement the malt backbone. What’s more, the whole beer comes to life thanks to Bitburger’s custom yeast, another house ingredient gifted for the first time ever.

kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 am

kansasbbq wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 pm
Anybody planning a trip to de Garde this weekend?
Floodland Brewing

Homage Brewing

I've heard good things about both places. Looking for some sours from either or both. Cash or trade....thanks.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:07 pm

HisBobness wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:02 pm
Was browsing Beer Advocate and saw a post about people seeing Oktoberfest beers already. I, for one, love Oktoberfest beers and can't wait for the onslaught of variety. (except pumpkin beers. F pumpkin beers). They're never that high in ABV which is nice for me because recently I've find it hard to drink three or more 8% + ABV beers beers. Maybe cause I'm getting old, idk. So yeah, Sierra Nevada I'm waiting on you!!

Sierra Nevada wrote: More than 200 years old, family-owned Bitburger Brewery uses an exclusive mix of hops toward its famous pilsner—a classified blend never shared outside its walls. Until now. Our collaboration Oktoberfest features what Bitburger calls Siegelhopfen, meaning “sealed hops,” which complement the malt backbone. What’s more, the whole beer comes to life thanks to Bitburger’s custom yeast, another house ingredient gifted for the first time ever.

I believe I've had this before and it's good. Same as you, I dig the Oktoberfest beers (but I also like some pumpkin beers as well). I haven't had a lot of the Sierra Nevada's so that's why this stands out to me. I gave it a try last year or the year before and I wasn't disappointed.