Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
carljwiii
Art Expert
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:00 am

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 am

carljwiii wrote:
carljwiii wrote:
carljwiii wrote:ISO some yummy beers. Preferably

Julius
Zombie Dust


Not much rare beer in Pa but I can trade any good whiskey available in Pa stare stores or Cuban cigars w boxes.
I have Cohibas, Montecristo #2, Bolivar, H Upmann......

Would be happy to trade some amazing cigars and yummy whiskey for beers I cant easily find in the East coast. Help a brutha out.

:pint:
Anyone willing to help a brother out?
Update - A few members hooked me up with some great beers. Down to 2 I haven't had yet.
I have jai alai cans, auchentoshan 3 wood scotch, or Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout to trade:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/392/89345/
Not sure if its hard to find outside of PA but its REALLY delicious.

Plus of course $
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
User avatar
p0ppacap
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:56 am

Anyone try Modern Times Booming Rollers yet?
Just picked up a 4 pack last night, one of their best IPAs yet in my opinion. Or maybe just one of the freshest, but really good for sure

Also got a 6er of the Lagunitas Waldo's, I'll have to try one tonight
ImageImage*Image*
User avatar
taylorph
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 pm

I got some booming rollers when I read all the hype on the fresh cans. It's good but I wasn't blown away by it.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
User avatar
ChrisV
Art Expert
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am
Location: MA

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Well the place that was supposed to hold the Parabola for me sold it Friday and the guy that was holding it wasn't working. No one within 80 miles has it. Might be making an hour and a half drive tonight to Rhode Island to get some. They're holding two bottles. Is it worth it?
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8171
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:46 pm

ChrisV wrote:Well the place that was supposed to hold the Parabola for me sold it Friday and the guy that was holding it wasn't working. No one within 80 miles has it. Might be making an hour and a half drive tonight to Rhode Island to get some. They're holding two bottles. Is it worth it?
Damn dude... I'm not sure any beer is worth that. You could buy some nicey beers with all the gas money and time you spend, lol.
User avatar
ipath2003
Art Expert
Posts: 2538
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 am

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:06 pm

ChrisV wrote:Well the place that was supposed to hold the Parabola for me sold it Friday and the guy that was holding it wasn't working. No one within 80 miles has it. Might be making an hour and a half drive tonight to Rhode Island to get some. They're holding two bottles. Is it worth it?


NOT worth it. Save your money for other beer!!!!
User avatar
ChrisV
Art Expert
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am
Location: MA

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:14 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Well the place that was supposed to hold the Parabola for me sold it Friday and the guy that was holding it wasn't working. No one within 80 miles has it. Might be making an hour and a half drive tonight to Rhode Island to get some. They're holding two bottles. Is it worth it?
Damn dude... I'm not sure any beer is worth that. You could buy some nicey beers with all the gas money and time you spend, lol.
Yea I know. But the fiance is ok with going and we were gonna get dinner out there. Don't think I'll be able to get it any other way and I really want to try it. Man...decisions decisions.
User avatar
taylorph
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:34 pm

It's a one of the better BA stouts from the west coast but yall get comparable stuff that only distributes out there too.

Also, I was pretty excited to finally find one of these today.

Image

Sorry for the huge picture :pint:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8171
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:39 pm

ChrisV wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Well the place that was supposed to hold the Parabola for me sold it Friday and the guy that was holding it wasn't working. No one within 80 miles has it. Might be making an hour and a half drive tonight to Rhode Island to get some. They're holding two bottles. Is it worth it?
Damn dude... I'm not sure any beer is worth that. You could buy some nicey beers with all the gas money and time you spend, lol.
Yea I know. But the fiance is ok with going and we were gonna get dinner out there. Don't think I'll be able to get it any other way and I really want to try it. Man...decisions decisions.
Ah, well as long as you turn it into a semi-productive trip that's a different story, ha.
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7447
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Can't find that Pirate Bomb anywhere.

I did snag some Prairie Ape Snake and a BA Hibernation Ale today. About to kill off the rest of this Martin House Black Chamomile Saison growler. 8)
User avatar
ChrisV
Art Expert
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am
Location: MA

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
ChrisV wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Well the place that was supposed to hold the Parabola for me sold it Friday and the guy that was holding it wasn't working. No one within 80 miles has it. Might be making an hour and a half drive tonight to Rhode Island to get some. They're holding two bottles. Is it worth it?
Damn dude... I'm not sure any beer is worth that. You could buy some nicey beers with all the gas money and time you spend, lol.
Yea I know. But the fiance is ok with going and we were gonna get dinner out there. Don't think I'll be able to get it any other way and I really want to try it. Man...decisions decisions.
Ah, well as long as you turn it into a semi-productive trip that's a different story, ha.
We went. Just got back. Had a fantastic dinner. Can't believe how expensive that beer was. After tax, it was $47 for 2 bottles. Ugh. Hopefully it's worth it. No clue when I'm going to drink it. Haha
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52170
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:03 am

Oof. Ya got raped. I paid $17 for my bottle.

P.S. How the drymount am I having more trouble finding Parabola out here than KBS?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26512
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:20 am

I'd fly you guys down here to drink some of this if I could. Freshhopped ale. Nelson Sauvin hops picked last month, brewed the same day. Really very excellently fresh and good.
Image

And on a personal note we drove through the hop "fields" outside Nelson, which were in full "bloom" on our way to the Easter vacation spot. On the way back- barren. Picked clean in an instant.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52170
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:23 am

Fugging love Nelson hops. #jelly
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert
Posts: 2144
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 am
Location: Orange County

Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:39 am

Codeblue wrote:Oof. Ya got raped. I paid $17 for my bottle.

P.S. How the drymount am I having more trouble finding Parabola out here than KBS?
Right there with you.
Post Reply