Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3231
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:14 am

What's regularish retail on the Abyss bombers? When I was in PA I found a place charging $32. Left it on the shelf, but curious as to what you guys have paid.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:19 am

Had an awesome box show up yesterday. Only one of these I have had before is Todd and Cold Press, granted ive had backwoods before, but its a 2014 bottle so thats new. Thanks Mike!

Dont mind the boxes, damn new chair came in the worlds biggest box that I still need to break down.

ImageUntitled by Tb252803, on Flickr
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
taylorph
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:33 am

guryter wrote:What's regularish retail on the Abyss bombers? When I was in PA I found a place charging $32. Left it on the shelf, but curious as to what you guys have paid.
Yikes. I've grabbed a bottle at $18 but I see them collecting dust on the shelves at $20 kinda often.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7061
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:34 am

$15.99 at my grocery store :twisted:
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8171
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:50 am

chalkdust wrote:$15.99 at my grocery store :twisted:
I haven't seen them under $25 in Philly ever.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:54 am

$16-$18 for regular Abyss. $23-$27 for Cognac/Rye.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15991
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:58 am

had a 14 Abyss on Saturday...drank fantastic! :drool:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18066
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:01 am

jlabbate wrote:had a 14 Abyss on Saturday...drank fantastic! :drool:
I still need to track down a bottle of this fudge. Haven't tried it yet but everyone raves about it.
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3231
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:07 am

Yeah, I figured that was a bloated price. This was a bottle shop in Philly, everything was pricier than normal.

A few blocks over I had a pliny at Monk's, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

:pint:
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:21 am

jlabbate wrote:had a 14 Abyss on Saturday...drank fantastic! :drool:
im sitting on a 13, 14, 15 vertical right now. Abyss isnt my favorite beer, but its one i normally snag one or two each year.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15991
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:24 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
jlabbate wrote:had a 14 Abyss on Saturday...drank fantastic! :drool:
im sitting on a 13, 14, 15 vertical right now. Abyss isnt my favorite beer, but its one i normally snag one or two each year.
I'm sitting on the same vert :wink: ..not my fave either, but its constantly good, plus how can you not love a beer that gives you a drink after date on the bottle :D
recently acquired the Rye & Cognac Abyss bottles..looking forward to trying those as well
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:25 am

jlabbate wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
jlabbate wrote:had a 14 Abyss on Saturday...drank fantastic! :drool:
im sitting on a 13, 14, 15 vertical right now. Abyss isnt my favorite beer, but its one i normally snag one or two each year.
I'm sitting on the same vert :wink: ..not my fave either, but its constantly good, plus how can you not love a beer that gives you a drink after date on the bottle :D
recently acquired the Rye & Cognac Abyss bottles..looking forward to trying those as well

i bought more rye than cognac, expecting id like the rye better. fresh, definitely enjoyed the cognac more. sitting on 3 bottles of each. gonna let those cellar for a bit.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17833
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 am

RambosRemodeler wrote: I still need to track down a bottle of this fudge. Haven't tried it yet but everyone raves about it.
There are plenty of regulars still on the shelves here.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17833
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:36 am

halftonegraphics wrote:$23-$27 for Cognac/Rye.
Cognac and Rye aren't lasting more than 30 minutes here.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:54 am

kansasbbq wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:$23-$27 for Cognac/Rye.
Cognac and Rye aren't lasting more than 30 minutes here.

was the same here, when they hit a month or so back. a few less traffic stores had them for a few days, but most were out within an hour.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Post Reply