Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
zefarrett
Art Freak
Posts: 10127
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:34 am

Opened my first bourbon county regal rye. Holy fudge it's good... :pint:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
mnachmia3113
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 am

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:51 am

zefarrett wrote:Opened my first bourbon county regal rye. Holy fudge it's good... :pint:
What they screwed up in coffee and Barleywine, they made up in regular, regal, and rare. All damn good. Still need to try the prop.
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Just read an article from yesterday's WSJ about winter beers. Any of you mountain states guys have an opinion on this one?

Avery Brewing Old Jubilation (8.3% ABV)
Since 1997, fans have been coveting, and aging, this Boulder brewery’s flagship winter beer. Time in the cellar only darkens its ripples of root beer and plums.

When FD, Jr. was in culinary school in Denver he regularly had Avery beers around by I've never found any here in the ATL. This one sounds delish. Assuming it is a seasonal, anybody want to snag a sixer and hold it till next time I'm in town? :pint:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8171
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:34 pm

mnachmia3113 wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Opened my first bourbon county regal rye. Holy fudge it's good... :pint:
What they screwed up in coffee and Barleywine, they made up in regular, regal, and rare. All damn good. Still need to try the prop.
I thought coffee was the best this year.
mnachmia3113
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 am

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:05 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
mnachmia3113 wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Opened my first bourbon county regal rye. Holy fudge it's good... :pint:
What they screwed up in coffee and Barleywine, they made up in regular, regal, and rare. All damn good. Still need to try the prop.
I thought coffee was the best this year.
All mine were infected. Same with Barleywine.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8171
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:06 pm

mnachmia3113 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
mnachmia3113 wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Opened my first bourbon county regal rye. Holy fudge it's good... :pint:
What they screwed up in coffee and Barleywine, they made up in regular, regal, and rare. All damn good. Still need to try the prop.
I thought coffee was the best this year.
All mine were infected. Same with Barleywine.
Ohh I just had them on tap.
User avatar
ipath2003
Art Expert
Posts: 2538
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 am

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Great time at weyerbacher this morning!!! 5 degrees out. Got there at 9am for 10am release. Out by 10:30. SOLD OUT by 12.30

Image

Image

Image



Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52319
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Looks miserable.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8171
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:38 pm

Codeblue wrote:Looks miserable.
Ha, it really does. It was pretty easy to grab last year at a bunch of places around me. I had no idea that many people would be out there for that.
User avatar
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Codeblue wrote:Looks miserable.
Seems like this is what the beer scene is becoming all over the country. :?
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:15 pm

rhythmgtr5 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Looks miserable.
Seems like this is what the beer scene is becoming all over the country. :?
yeah for sure. makes me easily pass on events such as this. Sad thing is that many breweries do this for such good beers. Oh well. It's not like there's a shortage of good beer.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10787
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Got to do what you got to do
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8342
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Although people hate it, I like how founder's releases KBS by having tickets. Beats standing out in the cold waiting in line and not knowing if u will get the beer you want.
Image
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:45 pm

mattlew69 wrote:Although people hate it, I like how founder's releases KBS by having tickets. Beats standing out in the cold waiting in line and not knowing if u will get the beer you want.
never been, but agree. i love not having to wait in line or in the cold. recently went to Lift Bridge and Central Waters for beer releases. both of them use a ticketing service for admission. so much easier. though, Central Waters still had quite the line, you could easily avoid it by showing up a bit after opening.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8342
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:54 pm

The only thing good about lines at a beer release........ is the bottle sharing.
Image
Post Reply