Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue May 05, 2015 1:57 pm

profbobo wrote:More hill farmstead less heady! Not to knock Heady at all, but I need more HF in my life :)
I'd take more Lawson's and Fiddlehead.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Tue May 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. I dig it.
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue May 05, 2015 3:54 pm

ColonelCash wrote:Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. I dig it.
This
mattkardish
Art Expert

Tue May 05, 2015 5:17 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:three cases?!? dude. ISO.
TheThirdEye wrote:I need more Heady Topper in my life.
CHR1S
Art Expert

Tue May 05, 2015 5:32 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
profbobo wrote:More hill farmstead less heady! Not to knock Heady at all, but I need more HF in my life :)
Totally agree. Love both those breweries as well. Fiddlehead Brewery is about half hour away from where I live. And Lawson's Sip of Sunshine is my all time favorite beer.

The problem with Hill Farmstead is the only place you can buy retail is at their brewery and they are pretty far north in VT.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue May 05, 2015 5:34 pm

CHR1S wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
Totally agree. Love both those breweries as well. Fiddlehead Brewery is about half hour away from where I live. And Lawson's Sip of Sunshine is my all time favorite beer.

The problem with Hill Farmstead is the only place you can buy retail is at their brewery and they are pretty far north in VT.
Sounds like i need to visit VT.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
CHR1S
Art Expert

Tue May 05, 2015 7:24 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
CHR1S wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:

We have some crazy good breweries here in Vermont. And some amazing restaurants that serve many of those beers. One of my favorite places to eat lunch is Prohibition Pig in Waterbury VT. The house burger with pimento cheese, fried green tomato, and applewood smoked bacon is amazing. And with that I get an order of french fries cooked in duck fat. They have on draft a number of Hill Farmstead beers, Lawson's Sip of Sunshine and a couple dozen other amazing beers. You can also order from their menu of 50 or 60 bottled beers including Heady in a can. And right around the corner from the restaurant is one of the best beer shops in the State.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 pm

^That's only 3:15 from me. Could make for a nice little day trip.
taylorph
Art Expert

Tue May 05, 2015 8:30 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Found an 11/11/11 at my bottle shop this weekend. Couldn't pass it up so I picked it up.
I can't remember how that one was but the shop put out a few and I was tempted to pick one up. Did it age well?

They also had some 2012 Old Guardians for $8.99 each which is probably a steal but I wasn't sure how those age either.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 05, 2015 11:17 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
CHR1S wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:

I spent almost 500 bucks at HF when I visited last summer. It was glorious, though.

ImageImage
pvecchi
Art Expert

Wed May 06, 2015 6:20 am

ImAMonster wrote:
pvecchi wrote:
ImAMonster wrote:It's craft beer week here in Madison and a local bar had a Goose Island tap takeover. Finally got to try some BCBS Stout, Coffee and the Barleywine. Missed the Vanilla Rye ny 30 mins. Was super bummed, but that Stout is the truth! And at almost 15% it made for an awesome night! Gonna get a few more bottles tomorrow at another release and age them with my KBS and 17!
Love the barley wine and the vanilla rye is pretty awesome too

Anything exciting coming up this week In Madison I should check out in reference to craft beer week?

I've never checked it out before and I have some days off this week. Thinking about maybe doing a few things but I haven't heard about anything too interesting yet.

Still have a case of 2012 and a case of 2013 BCBS...maybe I should just have my own event ;-)
There are a lot of bars doing tap takeovers each day so your best bet is to do a google search with the brewery and see what's up. Or just try this link: http://www.madbeerweek.com/guide I'm going to hit up the Blue Moon on Thurs for their Central Waters/Toppling Goliath takeover and will try to get some Zombie Dust on Sat over in Middleton.
Thanks!

I think Trixie's Liquor has Toppling Goliath on Thursday as well
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed May 06, 2015 8:09 am

There were a few Hillfarm Stead beers on tap a couple months back here in Philly. The Edgar was really tasty... I believe that's what it was called.
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed May 06, 2015 10:38 am

sidewaysscott wrote:
CHR1S wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:

No kidding, same here.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Dnovi
Art Expert

Wed May 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Any one in the San Diego area able to pick up and ship some beer from the Alsmith brewery?

Shipping will be within the states.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed May 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Dnovi wrote:Any one in the San Diego area able to pick up and ship some beer from the Alsmith brewery?

Shipping will be within the states.
I'm no where near San Diego, but they distribute to CO. What are you looking for? Their IPA is solid.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.