Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:39 am

Yeah I've slowed down a bit.....got into an EQ phase, was grabbing all their stouts but chilled on that.

OH shipped sets were nice since 2/3 of them were 3x of 7/8 cans.......split 3 ways with 2 buddies. The 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and bba banana/bba 8th I took a full set. Would've been nice if they did a stout box separate but I have plenty of things to drink as it is.

Grabbed a can of hopslam just for fun.......did nothing for me lol. 10% was nice tho.

Heard good things re: barreled souls. You drinking all their stuff or mainly bottles?
kansasbbq wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:48 pm
This was the best thread on here back in the day.
I'm buying less art as well and not on here as often, but let's get it going.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:05 am

man, my beer tastes sure have changed. Being in CO has me spoiled as I was once heavy into trading and seeking out of state beers, now I don't give a fudge. Too many decent breweries here that have what I now prefer, NEIPAs. Knotted Root and Outer Range are the kings of that out here IMO.

There are a bunch other too such as Weldwerks, and Cerebral, but don't even compare to KR and OR.

I do miss trading for OH and TH though.

But remember when Pliny and Heady were the OMG? Pliny typically sits as a shelf turd here and Heady is finally distributed here, but doesn't garner the attention it once did.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:20 pm

Seems like everybody is making a decent Hazy nowadays. If not, you probably won't be in business very long.

I trade a lot less now too. Have a few buddies near a couple of really good places so I'm content for the time being:
Boulder - Casey (sours), WeldWerks (stouts), and Cerebral (stouts)
St. Louis - Side Project/Shared (everything)
Boston - Trillium (stouts and IPAs) and Hill Farmstead (everyting)

Really starting to like Moksa and Veil stouts. And I'll never turn down a chance at de Garde bottles.
sidewaysscott wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:05 am
man, my beer tastes sure have changed. Being in CO has me spoiled as I was once heavy into trading and seeking out of state beers, now I don't give a fudge. Too many decent breweries here that have what I now prefer, NEIPAs. Knotted Root and Outer Range are the kings of that out here IMO.
I've had a few really good BA stouts from New Image. You familiar with them?

Love how the Knotted Root guys are huge Phish fans.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Trom
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:43 pm

https://gambrielillustration.com/the-color-of-money Great Poster.. Needs to be added to EB.
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:03 pm

Sand City just dropped a honey brown ale I think I want to try. Honey is a weak spot for me, kinda like maple syrup.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:13 pm

guryter wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:03 pm
Sand City just dropped a honey brown ale I think I want to try. Honey is a weak spot for me, kinda like maple syrup.
I really dig BA maple stouts.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:34 pm

guryter wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:39 am
Yeah I've slowed down a bit.....got into an EQ phase, was grabbing all their stouts but chilled on that.

OH shipped sets were nice since 2/3 of them were 3x of 7/8 cans.......split 3 ways with 2 buddies. The 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and bba banana/bba 8th I took a full set. Would've been nice if they did a stout box separate but I have plenty of things to drink as it is.

Grabbed a can of hopslam just for fun.......did nothing for me lol. 10% was nice tho.

Heard good things re: barreled souls. You drinking all their stuff or mainly bottles?
kansasbbq wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:48 pm
This was the best thread on here back in the day.
I'm buying less art as well and not on here as often, but let's get it going.
My art focus has shifted to the Comic side but I did grab some nice stuff so far this year, print wise.

I've been enjoying the increased Pilsner and low abv pales from my favorite spots (Namely Finback and Grimm) just like to enjoy for longer these days, versus bulldozing myself after a few cans. I had a decent EQ stock from my Goshen trips late last year, will need to rectify that again soon (Their wings were seriously good too)

Barreled Souls I drink what comes my way from my connection, they are in Albany and take some trips to ME especially with the club membership. Think the last cans I asked for specific was their Summer Jam Sour and that was very nice.

Bottles I grabbed from some more recent 2022 releases. (Sorry for the highlight while searching for the emails)

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
HisBobness
Art Expert

Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:07 pm

I was able to score a Russian River Cellar Society membership by lottery a couple of months ago. They release (6) R&D sours twice a year. I also get dibs and Younger bottles that they'll ship to me.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 am

HisBobness wrote:
I was able to score a Russian River Cellar Society membership by lottery a couple of months ago. They release (6) R&D sours twice a year. I also get dibs and Younger bottles that they'll ship to me.
Awesome. I rarely drink Pliny anymore but damn the younger is another story. Congrats!
And if you want to sell a bottle…
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:26 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 am
HisBobness wrote:
Awesome. I rarely drink Pliny anymore but damn the younger is another story. Congrats!
And if you want to sell a bottle…
Same here. I hardly drink anymore to begin with. Nothing like back in the day when this thread was full of new and exciting MUST HAVE beers where I didn't think twice about taking a road trip to pick up beers.

Sadly man they are only allocating two Younger bottles per membership. Kinda horse crap if you ask me, but it beats waiting in line for a single 8 oz pour at a local bar/release party.... Actually, maybe I will still go to a release party. There are a lot of them. Living in LA County has its perks sometimes.
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:09 pm

JK Doom Forge Day was a success.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:16 pm

Update : The honey brown was nice.

Thought about tossing in for the TreeHouse bourbon raffle but refrained. Not interested in that drive anymore, not even to grab some different juicies.

Drank the OH 8th firestone walker collab and was like meh. Drank the single hop citra was like mehmeh. The 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th were all tight tho.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:16 pm

Picked up some of those finback bqe bottles. Frank you hit that drop?
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:21 pm

Thanks to sidewaysscott for assisting with some Cerebral bottles.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:04 pm

guryter wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:16 pm
Picked up some of those finback bqe bottles. Frank you hit that drop?
Actually went out to their Brooklyn spot today for some Halftone Gin bottles. Picked up a few of the BQE releases too

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041