Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Fri May 29, 2015 11:42 am

Cragars wrote:
dropdoctor wrote:Drinking more of that grapefruit sculpin right now. So goddamn good, but not $28 a 6 pack good!
28 bucks? Bro...

I think the bottle 6-packs are like 13.90 here. :lol:
$28 for a sixer? Christ. I thought Rubeaus for $15/pk was insane (which it is).
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri May 29, 2015 1:49 pm

jlabbate wrote:had this last night, not as amazing as Pirate Bomb or the AB Noir, but damn good regardless
People in OK were somewhat pissed that it was a TX only release.

I love it! For me it goes Pirate > BA Bomb > AB Noir
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri May 29, 2015 1:51 pm

reddog76 wrote: I want to try the victory at sea porter though. That looks delicious!
Have any SMS left?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 29, 2015 4:15 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
reddog76 wrote: I want to try the victory at sea porter though. That looks delicious!
Have any SMS left?

I do, but I'm saving that for a good trade or to drink. I only have a few.

My buddy can bring this up to me next month hopefully.

Thanks for asking though!

(FYI, kansasbbq and codeblue are excellent trading people!)
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri May 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Pretty great event coming in SF...the beer guy from The Jug Shop is leaving town and going out with a bang. Pouring his biggest and best stuff ever.

"In celebration of Eric's departure from the Jug Shop, join us as we taste more than 60 beers in a festival style setting. We will be closing down the store early at 7pm and the event will go until 11pm. Highlights will include Eric's favorites from Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen, North Coast, Lost Abbey, Russian River, Prairie, Against the Grain, The Bruery, Goose Island (yeah, that one), Logsdon, Perennial, Cascade, Evil Twin, Del Ducato and Paradox. The full beer list will be released on Wednesday, June 3rd but buy your tickets early to guarantee the best price and secure your spot. Only 100 tickets available. "

Plus, they've whispered there's a keg of Prairie Bomb. Here's the event page:

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/r ... hn95a4608c
taylorph wrote:Victory at sea is my go-to porter if nothing else looks more appealing. I can find it everywhere foe like $8 a bomber. Ballast Point also does Victory at Sea Day with all Victory at Sea variants including Rum BA, Bourbon BA, coconut, peanut butter, and... wait for it.... Victory At Cereal made with Oops it's all berries. :lol:
I had a Victory at Sea and a Sea Monster in the last few weeks...both were very good, not amazing but totally worth drinking. I'd really like to try the variants, I'm sure those would be outstanding.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri May 29, 2015 5:02 pm

tomorrow mornings gonna be a fun one.. or at least we shall see...

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri May 29, 2015 5:37 pm

dude! :drool: you taking any requests?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri May 29, 2015 5:54 pm

hah. i highly doubt i will get much. posts about their last one made it sound like a fudge show. so who knows. probably just gonna be a grab whatever you can type of situation.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
chalkdust
Art Expert

Fri May 29, 2015 6:18 pm

damn I was just getting ready to go buy beer and then the FedEx guy shows up! Tip of the cap to the great EB member that sent these babies.. :2thumb:
IMG_20150529-1.jpg
chalkdust
Art Expert

Fri May 29, 2015 7:33 pm

dropdoctor wrote:How does one go about shipping bottles of beer?
shagdonk wrote:How to Pack and Ship Beer:
http://barlowbrewing.com/2010/11/11/how ... ship-beer/
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri May 29, 2015 7:41 pm

these are nice to have too.. (free shipping with $50+ order)

http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Box ... ts?mid=169

1xRun Referral
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri May 29, 2015 7:50 pm

dropdoctor wrote:How does one go about shipping bottles of beer?
Illegally. There's no legal way, unless you're a licensed dealer, and even then, there are lots of restrictions by carrier and depending on the states where you're shipping to and from.

But really: pack it pretty well and use FedEx, they don't seem to really care all that much. I wouldn't use the USPS as you're not supposed to ship liquid and it's technically a Federal crime to use the USPS to move alcohol, but then again, I've received plenty of beer in Priority Mail boxes. I've even received beer in a tube -- three bottles, bubble wrapped, one on top of the other in a 4-inch Yazoo.

Here's my last shipment (apologies if I've already posted this)...two wine boxes with bombers in each spot, and a smaller Amazon box. Hauled down to FedEx in my wife's old-lady cart. Some bubble wrap in those boxes, and lots of paper bags wadded up.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri May 29, 2015 7:54 pm

they dont red flag you for the wine boxes? i would think thats the first thing on the list of what not to ship bottles in..

1xRun Referral
Baker
Art Expert

Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm

I usually keep it pretty simple. Pick appropriate sized box. Put bottles in ziplock bags. Wrap in bubble wrap, and use extra packing packing to secure everything in there. UPS or FedEx, whatever is cheaper.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
chalkdust
Art Expert

Fri May 29, 2015 9:17 pm

trading beer is awesome, but both parties have to really want the beers involved. Eating $15 in shipping each time starts to take it's toll..

on another note, ran across a sweet find at the grocery store by my house a few minutes ago! :D
IMG_20150529-2.jpg