Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:59 am

Small restock with some LIC Beer Project and Fifth Hammer, still some Grimm and Finback rounding things out.

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
fredo
Art God

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:06 am

Had this last night. I don’t love the hazy, but Boston...and it was pretty good.

https://untappd.com/b/garage-project-ar ... um/3215629
just a foil for me today, thanks
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:21 pm

I've yet to have anything fifth hammer. Re-upped on OH and waiting for Sand City to can a couple of things.

fredo-Love trillium...I can't help but feel that they get slightly overshadowed by treehouse in MA. Enjoy that haze, it'll getcha.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
ipath2003
Art Expert

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:30 am

@frank @guryter you guys close to nyc? Getting oh and lic / Grimm. FORGET THEM!!!! Go get district96!!!!!! Fire!!!!!
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:54 am

^Looks tasty!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:03 pm

ipath2003 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:30 am
@frank @guryter you guys close to nyc? Getting oh and lic / Grimm. FORGET THEM!!!! Go get district96!!!!!! Fire!!!!!
:lol: To be fair, LIC is a hop and a skip away from me.

I am in Queens, Rockland isn't too far out. I'll have to look into that spot, thanks!

Finally caved and ordered from Grimm today. Oddly can't get OH delivered cause they are delivering everywhere but Queens.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

ImageImageImage

guryter
Art Expert

Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:44 pm

I'm out on the island, OH isn't delivering here either. There's one bevy about 20 minutes from me that has an agreement with them for about a year now though, so that's where I go for my OH stock. Let me know how that swan door hits you frank. You've seen EQ shipping lately, yeah? $25 for NY, 1 case minimum 3 case max.

I think I've had something district96 in the past....maybe at a fest or similar. I'm trash at checking things in on untappd though, so who knows.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:26 pm

guryter wrote:
I'm out on the island, OH isn't delivering here either. There's one bevy about 20 minutes from me that has an agreement with them for about a year now though, so that's where I go for my OH stock. Let me know how that swan door hits you frank. You've seen EQ shipping lately, yeah? $25 for NY, 1 case minimum 3 case max.

I think I've had something district96 in the past....maybe at a fest or similar. I'm trash at checking things in on untappd though, so who knows.
I don't think I've had a Door I've disliked, probably Grimm's best series. That would be a solid deal at 3 cases (if you're splitting with others) and looks like they have good options, Suarez is always shipping out but sold out until end of month. Hudson Valley options are limited and shipping wasn't the cheapest IIRC.

Threes Brewing in Brooklyn has a pretty decent setup.

Someone on Reddit mentioned the Costco near me had a random stock of a bunch of locals. Wonder if they offloaded some to them since they'd have tons of foot traffic, I imagine it will be hard for the breweries to not have this option in the future. Especially in the city where a lot of people don't have cars to pickup in general.

This was the Costco pic

https://i.imgur.com/9GSuIih.jpg (Bigger version)

ImageImageImage

guryter
Art Expert

Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:18 pm

Yeah agreed, the doors are all mad good. I soured on threes a bit ago, kinda like singlecut. I won't turn one down, just not into picking them up. Haven't ordered from suarez or HV. Goddamn HV kill sours tho. I didn't look at their shipping prior, I'll check back monday.

Nice look on costco, I'd grab that higher burnin no doubt. Barrier is another brewery that needs to move cans. Last I checked them they had like 14 cans available at the taproom, yikes.

Just cracked the OH white ferrari freaky friday deal they brewed up last week, yum.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:29 am

guryter wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:18 pm
Yeah agreed, the doors are all mad good. I soured on threes a bit ago, kinda like singlecut. I won't turn one down, just not into picking them up. Haven't ordered from suarez or HV. Goddamn HV kill sours tho. I didn't look at their shipping prior, I'll check back monday.

Nice look on costco, I'd grab that higher burnin no doubt. Barrier is another brewery that needs to move cans. Last I checked them they had like 14 cans available at the taproom, yikes.

Just cracked the OH white ferrari freaky friday deal they brewed up last week, yum.
Yep, Barrier is kind of the odd place out these days. Did you ever have anything from Torch & Crown? they are based in the city, was reminded of them the other day.

Have heard good things.

https://www.torchandcrown.com

I like the sound of WF, collab with the Veil to boot.
ImageImageImage

ipath2003
Art Expert

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:00 am

I need to try some more Grimm. We are getting them by me now. suarez Makes the BEST pills!!! I just had the all strata from OH very surprised. It was solid. The only beer I really like from oh is MORE citra. I think Barriers problem is they just are not on the same level. Not juice. And price point is kinda high. That Costco is looking crazy!!!

Last night I had too many beers lol

guryter
Art Expert

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:55 am

Frank looks like OH heard you, they're delivering to Queens next Sunday, ordering starts Thursday 7pm. Might get that next freaky friday deal if they're doing it every other week.

Have heard of torch and crown but I don't recall having anything. If cans make it out here I'll look to grab a few.

Pete more citra is a banger for sure. I'll always love OH and I think the majority of their recipes have great balance. Some shine more thank others obvi. Def grab some Grimm if you see it, they're solid for sure. Barrier used to be a spot for me to hit years ago but honestly it's not worth the drive now imo. Last time I hit them up was for the technique collab with OH, and that was a few years ago. Used to hit them up for morticia release and money, but that all hits distro now anyways. They do brew a lot of different styles tho which is admirable. I still have their archibald bottle in my stash, that thing has to be 5 years old now. I'll go toss it in the fridge!

Best.
guryter
Art Expert

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:03 pm

guryter wrote:
I'm out on the island, OH isn't delivering here either.
Be still my heart, they just posted a story asking where on LI people want delivery.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:56 am

kansasbbq wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:13 pm
Anybody planning a trip to de Garde Brewing in the next few days?
Just saw this, haven't been there recently but been thinking about it. What were you looking for?
mmmm Beer :pint:
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:39 pm

ipath2003 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:00 am
I need to try some more Grimm. We are getting them by me now. suarez Makes the BEST pills!!! I just had the all strata from OH very surprised. It was solid. The only beer I really like from oh is MORE citra. I think Barriers problem is they just are not on the same level. Not juice. And price point is kinda high. That Costco is looking crazy!!!

Last night I had too many beers lol
Just never thought Barrier really have tried to improve and round out the better of their offerings, I've had enough of others beers to be able to see their own improvements.

Grimm is a personal favorite for me locally, in general I'm just happy to see the quality coming out of the boroughs and state.

guryter wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:55 am
Frank looks like OH heard you, they're delivering to Queens next Sunday, ordering starts Thursday 7pm. Might get that next freaky friday deal if they're doing it every other week.

Have heard of torch and crown but I don't recall having anything. If cans make it out here I'll look to grab a few.

Pete more citra is a banger for sure. I'll always love OH and I think the majority of their recipes have great balance. Some shine more thank others obvi. Def grab some Grimm if you see it, they're solid for sure. Barrier used to be a spot for me to hit years ago but honestly it's not worth the drive now imo. Last time I hit them up was for the technique collab with OH, and that was a few years ago. Used to hit them up for morticia release and money, but that all hits distro now anyways. They do brew a lot of different styles tho which is admirable. I still have their archibald bottle in my stash, that thing has to be 5 years old now. I'll go toss it in the fridge!

Best.
It seems like they started the previous weekend, somehow missed it but at this point I'm quite stocked up for my own consumption. Around 60 Cans right now and a bunch of bottles, that is quite enough for me haha. I need to get a dedicated beer fridge at some point though.

Swan Door was a beaut btw, I had a higher burnin after (feels like it's been a while) and also very enjoyable.
ImageImageImage