Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:38 am

Codeblue wrote:Avery Vanilla Bean Stout is better than expected. Prolly my fav Avery beer I've had.
Agreed. Had it on tap last week and was surprisingly delicious.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:53 am

yearsofstatic wrote:
guryter wrote:
Who went to Other Half this weekend? My buddies and I were the first 4 in line.
So you got there around 7? I drove down at 1. I knew the 2nd Anniversary was gone, but was quite happy to get some Hop Showers with no wait. Diamond Mausoleum is pretty good as well, even though I'm not a huge fan of Black IPAs.
We got there around 545. There were around 20 people in line in the next 30 minutes. Had mad fun, lots of bottle sharing, good people.

Did you get a pour of the 2nd in the tasting room? They had it in the morning. I didn't pop open a diamond mausoleum yet.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
yearsofstatic
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:09 am

guryter wrote:
We got there around 545. There were around 20 people in line in the next 30 minutes. Had mad fun, lots of bottle sharing, good people.

Did you get a pour of the 2nd in the tasting room? They had it in the morning. I didn't pop open a diamond mausoleum yet.
Whoa. That goes well beyond my own dedication to beer. Little wary about drinking in public myself.

Didn't head into the tasting room as it seemed a bit crowded judging by the amount of people drinking in the pick-up area. I've been hearing really good things about it. Waiting for some kegs to pop up around the city. The Astoria Bier and Cheese on Broadway tends to get the latest OH stuff. They had Oat Overdose on this past week and currently still have the Wheat Wine tapped.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:32 am

Yeah, I waffled on going but had a clear saturday and said screw it. Line shares:

Triple C brewing - Up all night
Brouwerif De Molen - Mout & Mocca
Pipeworks - Mocha Abduction
Rushing Duck - BA Ded Moroz
Foley Brothers - Maple Brown
Night Shift - Awake
Hill Farmstead - Fear and Trembling
Brew Dog - Cocoa Psycho
Trillium - Broken Angel
Lord Hobo - Boom Sauce
TreeHouse - Julius
Night Shift - Morph

That was before getting inside, hah. Good stuff. Had 2nd anniversary, Peachwood Aged, Midnight Showers, and Smokescreens and Oilslicks inside. OH kills.

The police pulled up around 730, and we chatted with them. They didn't seem interested in busting balls, which was mad cool.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
yearsofstatic
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:05 pm

That's certainly a nice list. I managed to pick up cans of Boom Sauce and Steal this Can recently. Underwhelmed by Steal but thoroughly enjoyed Boom Sauce. Have yet to try any Trillium or Tree House stuff. Was at Big Alice a few weeks ago and an employee of Trillium came in and dropped off a few beers for one of the brewers. I was a bit jealous.

I really want to try to plan a New England trip. I know finding some of the stuff can be a bit of a crapshoot though. Has anyone done a NE beer run weekend? If so, tips?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:34 pm

February allocation up at The Bruery... Anyone try Colonel Kernel or Poterie? I'm trying to show some restraint bit I'm curious how these taste.
Baker
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:40 pm

I just grabbed extra bottles of Mocha Weds and Melange #1. Yum.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:27 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
fspadafora wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:another nice little trip to Central Waters.

:pint:
IMG_7356.JPG
Did you get to try some there too?
i did. very good. nice, thick, chocolate goodness.

also had black gold on tap. i would still say black gold > 18 but its close. unfortunately, missed cassian sunset. luckily, we'll see bottles of that in april.
I go the other way and just barely - 18 > black gold. 18 is almost up to 16's standards. Had to open a 16 yesterday to verify it was as good as I remember. The extra two years has done it quite well, and it was excellent to begin with.
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:36 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
fspadafora wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:another nice little trip to Central Waters.

:pint:
IMG_7356.JPG
Did you get to try some there too?
i did. very good. nice, thick, chocolate goodness.

also had black gold on tap. i would still say black gold > 18 but its close. unfortunately, missed cassian sunset. luckily, we'll see bottles of that in april.
I go the other way and just barely - 18 > black gold. 18 is almost up to 16's standards. Had to open a 16 yesterday to verify it was as good as I remember. The extra two years has done it quite well, and it was excellent to begin with.
How does 17 stack up?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:38 pm

Still an excellent BBA stout, but definitely behind 16, 18, and Black Gold. A touch thinner and a touch hotter than the others. We'll see how time helps it out, but I'd keep sitting if you have some.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:42 pm

have some 18 coming my way, but if anyone has more bottles they want to trade, I'm definitely interested :pint:
abe
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:51 pm

So, work sent me to London for the second time in a month. FYI to my fellow americans, be careful who you ask about growler fills in the UK. Turns out there's also another quite different meaning for growler over here....
Growler
Long Live THC

:cheers:
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:25 pm

If anyone ended up with a few BA Darkness bottles and wanted to trade one for a Black Gold, let me know. Wasn't able to get any Darkness this year.
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:36 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Still an excellent BBA stout, but definitely behind 16, 18, and Black Gold. A touch thinner and a touch hotter than the others. We'll see how time helps it out, but I'd keep sitting if you have some.
I don't have any 16 to compare to, but my personal preference is 18>17>Black Gold. Black Gold is a little boozier and felt thinner to me than 18 for sure. It was definitely noticeable when drinking them side by side. I'm sure the finish on BG will smooth out with a bit more aging, but you can definitely tell that it was in the barrels for longer. 18 had almost a chocolate hint for me and seemed a bit creamier than I remember 17 being. At the end of the day you really can't go wrong with any of them.
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
partpat
Art Freak

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:39 pm

18 is a chocolate delight.