Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Yah man, seeing all those RR bottles down here in OC too. It’s fantastic!
HisBobness wrote:First year not actively searching for BCBS in the morning. Goes to show that beer just doesn't have the hype that it used to. Heck, I'm the first one to post about it tonight. My local shop was not allocated any cases due to the fact that they didn't sell enough Budweiser. Makes sense though, they are a "craft" beer shop and not your average liquor store. However, when I went to my local Ralph's to pick up some groceries, they had probably 10 cases out, limit 2, $9.99 ea. So I grabbed 2 just because.

On a better note, now that Russian River has their Windsor location open, we're seeing Blind Pig, STS Pils, and Happy Hops a lot more frequently.

halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:17 pm

HisBobness wrote:First year not actively searching for BCBS in the morning. Goes to show that beer just doesn't have the hype that it used to. Heck, I'm the first one to post about it tonight. My local shop was not allocated any cases due to the fact that they didn't sell enough Budweiser. Makes sense though, they are a "craft" beer shop and not your average liquor store. However, when I went to my local Ralph's to pick up some groceries, they had probably 10 cases out, limit 2, $9.99 ea. So I grabbed 2 just because.

On a better note, now that Russian River has their Windsor location open, we're seeing Blind Pig, STS Pils, and Happy Hops a lot more frequently.

its lost its roll, but people still hunt BCBS. one store here got 69 total cases, with variants. i didnt really chase it this year. one store held a vanilla for me. snagged a vanilla and bramble at a total wine. unexpectedly snagged a third vanilla at a bar. skipped on the rest of them. shared/cracked a midnight orange at a bar.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:42 am

halftonegraphics wrote: its lost its roll, but people still hunt BCBS...,shared/cracked a midnight orange at a bar.
How’s the midnight orange? It’s the only variant where I’m at in Iowa (was still two cases of it when I went to the store at 8pm last night lol). Grabbbed one bottle but thinking of getting a second today if I hear any decent reviews?

Was really hoping to find the bramble berry / wheat wine but they didn’t even get those here
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:26 am

pvecchi wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote: its lost its roll, but people still hunt BCBS...,shared/cracked a midnight orange at a bar.
How’s the midnight orange? It’s the only variant where I’m at in Iowa (was still two cases of it when I went to the store at 8pm last night lol). Grabbbed one bottle but thinking of getting a second today if I hear any decent reviews?

Was really hoping to find the bramble berry / wheat wine but they didn’t even get those here
Tried the Midnight Orange last night. I have nothing positive/good to say about it. Yuck!

There's plenty of Wheat Wine here if you're wanting some help.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 am

midnight was alright. nothing great. tastes just like those chocolate oranges. we want to cuvee it with a vanilla, but we dont want to potentially waste a vanilla.

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks Guy! I’ll just stick with the one bottle of the midnight orange then :-)
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Over the holiday I grabbed a 6 pack of both Sapporo and Sam Adams Winter Lager (the liquor store I went to didn't really have anything that jumped out at me). I've had them both before and I was in the mood for the Winter Lager. However, I did go to another liquor store and got some of the Sam Adams White Christmas. I tried this for the first time either last year or in 2016 and out of the 3 I picked up, it was definitely my favorite!

I also picked up a few of these. I thought they were kinda cool. They're 25.4 fluid ounces of Miller High Life and the bottle is shaped like a champagne bottle. Pretty cheap too. Only about $3 per bottle.

HisBobness
Art Expert

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Over the holiday I grabbed a 6 pack of both Sapporo and Sam Adams Winter Lager (the liquor store I went to didn't really have anything that jumped out at me). I've had them both before and I was in the mood for the Winter Lager. However, I did go to another liquor store and got some of the Sam Adams White Christmas. I tried this for the first time either last year or in 2016 and out of the 3 I picked up, it was definitely my favorite!

I also picked up a few of these. I thought they were kinda cool. They're 25.4 fluid ounces of Miller High Life and the bottle is shaped like a champagne bottle. Pretty cheap too. Only about $3 per bottle.
I usually put Sam Adams one notch ahead of Blue Moon, but if you say their White Christmas is good, I'll give it a shot.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 pm

HisBobness wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Over the holiday I grabbed a 6 pack of both Sapporo and Sam Adams Winter Lager (the liquor store I went to didn't really have anything that jumped out at me). I've had them both before and I was in the mood for the Winter Lager. However, I did go to another liquor store and got some of the Sam Adams White Christmas. I tried this for the first time either last year or in 2016 and out of the 3 I picked up, it was definitely my favorite!

I usually put Sam Adams one notch ahead of Blue Moon, but if you say their White Christmas is good, I'll give it a shot.
Enjoy. Sam Adams is my favorite beer label as they consistently have great and varying flavors and aren't afraid to experiment. Plus, do yourself the favor if you don't have one already and get yourself the perfect pint glass. It does make a difference!
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Grimm finally bottling one of my very beers from them. Remember this pretty much tasting like an raspberry icicle (in a good way)

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:02 pm

So good!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm

I went by the liquor store on the way home today and made another 6 pack: the Budweiser Copper Lager with Jim Beam (I've had it before but wanted another), Not You Father's Fruit Punch, Not Your Father's Moutain Ale Citrus Brew, Harpoon Winter Warmer (they got me on the Cinnamon & Nutmeg ingredients), Harpoon Dunkin' Coffee Porter (which I'm expecting to be terrible but curious enough to try it) and one which I've never heard before, Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:03 pm

It's pouring rain and under 60, which means it's officially winter so I'm drinking a Log Cabin with coffee. A friend said the coffee was falling off already, but I still taste it. Tastes much better than I remember it on tap. It's still a bit sweeter than I'd like though.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:05 am

Irishman12 wrote:I went by the liquor store on the way home today and made another 6 pack: the Budweiser Copper Lager with Jim Beam (I've had it before but wanted another), Not You Father's Fruit Punch, Not Your Father's Moutain Ale Citrus Brew, Harpoon Winter Warmer (they got me on the Cinnamon & Nutmeg ingredients), Harpoon Dunkin' Coffee Porter (which I'm expecting to be terrible but curious enough to try it) and one which I've never heard before, Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock
This post is my beer nightmare...

Get off my lawn!!
Givn2wail
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 am

Need your help Blue. Sent you a PM. Hope those things are working today