Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Yo,
I had a thread like this a while ago, but thought that it should be revisited.

Anyone out there want to trade beers? We'd have to get them through shipping but, i've do it before. :D

I'm looking for some Cali beers in particular...I live in Colorado, if you are looking for some CO brews...

Also, whist i was looking through the latest proud print, i saw ceevee post some Pliney the Elder beer, and i just tracked that down!!! Can't wait!

And i'm currently in the mid-west and picked up a sixer of some Bells - oresman or something like that...
any midwest recommendations that i can't get elsewhere??
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:44 pm

i also would love to find and try the Dogfishhead and Sierra colab - Life and Limb 2!! Anyone know anything on this yet? I read that it should be out on the 15th of August, but just found a couple on ebay... :?

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
dasher12
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:55 pm

I am very down to trade some beers. I am always looking for Dogfish head big bottles but can't find many spots with them on the west coast. I'll look for some Pliny as well since it seems to be popular on here.
hayward96
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Bell's is Great beer.
Probably Oberon is what you have, if you like hoppy beers their Two Hearted Ale.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:07 pm

hayward96 wrote:Bell's is Great beer.
Probably Oberon is what you have, if you like hoppy beers their Two Hearted Ale.
Tapecat turned me on to that two hearted ale last time. So i had my sister bring me a twelve pack last summer. Damn good!

I just looked that the Bell's beer...its called oresman ale. It's nice. I'm gonna head back out and see what else Hy-Vee has. :wink:
hayward96
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:11 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
hayward96 wrote:Bell's is Great beer.
Tapecat turned me on to that two hearted ale last time. So i had my sister bring me a twelve pack last summer. Damn good!

I just looked that the Bell's beer...its called oresman ale. It's nice. I'm gonna head back out and see what else Hy-Vee has. :wink:
The Oberon is good stuff.

I might have to get some now.
shagdonk
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Willing to trade my current favorite Laugunitas Brown Sugga for Goose Island Vintage or Extreme Ales.

Cbjornson
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Just out of curiosity how does one go about shipping beer and whatnot? Safest method? Anyone with some experience care to chime in and give some pointers? Much appreciated.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 pm

^^From my experience, bubble wrap the beer individually, then place wrapped beer in ziplock bag, repeat 6 - 12 times...then place in bubble wrapped box...then ups or fed ex.

I had a thread that was all about shipping...and someone sent me some beers, but i can't find that thread and i can't remember who sent me the beer. :oops: :oops: :oops:
shagdonk
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Cbjornson wrote:Just out of curiosity how does one go about shipping beer and whatnot? Safest method? Anyone with some experience care to chime in and give some pointers? Much appreciated.
How to Pack and Ship Beer:
http://barlowbrewing.com/2010/11/11/how ... ship-beer/
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:43 pm

thanks shagdonk!!

oh my, i just looked around ebay for the Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA, :shock: :shock: :shock: Around $30 + shipping for 1 beer!! holy fudge.
I'll offer up some posters to anyone that can get me a bottle or two. Damn. I really hope i don't cave in and buy one. :lol: :hanging:
eBay 150643321279 maybe someone wants to split this with me? seems like the best deal around..well, for flipped beer. :lol:
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Ain't got nothing special in FL., at least not that I know of. But if any of you in larger markets, perhaps with a Turkish community and can buy Efes Beer in your area, please PM me!

Cool thread btw :clap:
shagdonk
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Found this little diddy on my home today. Apparently it's the first American beer with fresh-picked hops from the southern hemisphere.

trarex
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Cbjornson wrote:Just out of curiosity how does one go about shipping beer and whatnot? Safest method? Anyone with some experience care to chime in and give some pointers? Much appreciated.
Lie.
It's illegal to send alcohl with out a license though usps or fed ex.
It's a 250 or 500 dollar fine.
I tried to sent a bottle for secret Santa. :D
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
inkedup
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm down for beer trades, I already have a "beer buddy" on the east coast but anybody from the southwest or west coast that's interested in doing trades for midwest craft brews shoot me a PM. I live a couple minutes from 3floyds so I can get any of their bottled beers, I also can get Bell's, Founder's, Boulevard, and most craft brews from the IN, IL, and MI area.