Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:47 pm

I was down to a solitary can until earlier, I've been sticking with some lower abvs as of late. A bit more from LICbeerproject tonight.

Their Coded Tiles cans are an easy drink and only 5.5%.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
HisBobness
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:02 pm

The Younger 12pk arrived and we had a bottle share. Came with 4 Youngers and I was able to come home with one too after winning a tough round of roshambo.

Funky Fouder was differnt, but still pretty good. Very cherry and tart forward. Overall a good farmhouse.

Younger was delicious just as previous years. Incredibly smooth for a triple ipa. It's a treat worth getting every year, but to be honest, even it did see distribution, I wouldn't pick it up every time.

I'm still solidly sold on Blind Pig as being their best beer. I wish I was able to snag the limited Blind Pig Inaugural Ale when it went up, but I totally spaced and was hours late.

And the Cantillon Saint Lamvinus (2019) was stellar, of course.

I'm not good with "notes" and "flavors" and "profiles" in my reviews, I just barely get by by saying whether I liked them or not :lol: :pint:

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:54 pm

HisBobness wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:02 pm
I'm still solidly sold on Blind Pig as being their best beer. I wish I was able to snag the limited Blind Pig Inaugural Ale when it went up, but I totally spaced and was hours late.
Agreed on both accounts, although I really like Happy Hops as well. the Blind Pig Inaugural was gone almost as fast as PTY. I saw the post on IG as soon as it went up, checked the site, and it was already sold out.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:08 pm

Visited Finback on Saturday, definitely one of my favorite places and first time back since the same time last year.

ImageImageImage

jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:50 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:08 pm
Visited Finback on Saturday, definitely one of my favorite places and first time back since the same time last year.

Finback has been on fire for about the last year and a half or so...all of their beers are constantly delicious..they've been making better ipa's than other half in that timeframe and the stouts are top shelf...love that place :pint:
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:14 pm

Agreed on finback. You guys able to grab the anny stout? Got two bottles waiting for me. A bud cracked one and said it was phenomenal.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:54 pm

guryter wrote:
Agreed on finback. You guys able to grab the anny stout? Got two bottles waiting for me. A bud cracked one and said it was phenomenal.
I was away when they released bottles..but heard its great..the Non-BA version they released a few years back was awesome
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:06 pm

jlabbate wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:50 pm
Finback has been on fire for about the last year and a half or so...all of their beers are constantly delicious..they've been making better ipa's than other half in that timeframe and the stouts are top shelf...love that place :pint:
Yep, really love what they've been doing for the past few years. I don't make it out to OH a lot but really never feel like I'm missing out.

Their work with spirits has been really nice too and their coffee business. The farm they now have looks very interesting too

https://www.instagram.com/ffarm.ny/?hl=en

This goes back to just being pretty pleased that the NY brewers are at this level, plenty of good stuff all around.
guryter wrote:
Wasn't able to but they sound like beauties, they had just put some new BQE in barrels when I was there.
ImageImageImage

guryter
Art Expert

Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:41 pm

CB you got me on that Monkish 9 anny release?
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Luls. Had it on my calendar (since I'm likely going to LA for an art show soon anyway) and still spaced since my phone was charging and I wasn't looking at it. Oof.

P.S. From the IG comments it looked like it was a long shot at best anyway. I assume Hisbobness went for it. Wonder how he did.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:37 pm

OH's special releases always seem a good bit of fun, so finally bit on one.
Rum BA Cap’n Kooks on Pastry Island Rum Barrel Aged Banana Coconut Garbage Cookie Imperial Stout( 15.4%) with Banana, Coconut, Macadamia Nuts, Pirate Cereals with marshmallows, pretzels, potato chips, cacao nibs, coffee, vanilla, cinnamon and milk sugar. Whew!!! That’s a mouthful to both say and to drink. Our favorite rum runner Cap’n Kooks is at it again.Brewed with our buddies @omnipollo Brewed with the good time crew over @omnipollo in the tropical country of Sweden.

BA Still Kooks Bourbon Barrel Aged Peanut Butter Garbage Cookie Imperial Stout (15.4%) with potato Chips, pretzels, caramel, Peanut Butter cereals, vanilla, coffee, cinnamon and milk sugar. Still kooky after all these years.

Cookie Kooks 3 Garbage Cookie Imperial Stout (15.4%) with @omnipollo You know when these guys come thru, you have to go bigger than last year. This time we added even more of everything: cacao nibs, coffee, potato chips, pretzels, Cookie Cereal, Cocoa Cereal, oats and milk sugar. What we got was an Imperial Stout that has the flavor of chocolate cereal milk.
ImageImageImage

guryter
Art Expert

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:32 pm

Glad to see you got through......drop was a bit of a mess. Looks like if people didn't join the queue through the pastrytown link they got redirected to a page that showed no product, which was the OH standard page for delivery.

I scored too.....share? :pint:

BTW rum BA is not my wheelhouse........all bourbon everything.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:34 am

guryter wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:32 pm
Glad to see you got through......drop was a bit of a mess. Looks like if people didn't join the queue through the pastrytown link they got redirected to a page that showed no product, which was the OH standard page for delivery.

I scored too.....share? :pint:

BTW rum BA is not my wheelhouse........all bourbon everything.
oof, I was reading some of the comments. Bit of a mess. Somehow glossed over the Domino location for pickup.

Sharing is caring!

I don't drink many stouts or BA usually, don't know if I remember a Rum one but had a Tequila BA from Barreled Souls. Alcohol was a bit hot but something different.
ImageImageImage

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:02 am

Speaking of rum, Pirate bomb is still one of my fav ba stouts. Haven’t had it in years tho.
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:35 am

I picked up the OH quiet space rum that they released a few weeks ago (cuz fomo) and shared it with a few friends. We all thought it was way hot.

EQ peanut butter swiss bliss and BCBS anny were tops that day, OH green city ba stout in third.