Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 am
Location: Orange County

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Yah man, seeing all those RR bottles down here in OC too. It’s fantastic!
HisBobness wrote:First year not actively searching for BCBS in the morning. Goes to show that beer just doesn't have the hype that it used to. Heck, I'm the first one to post about it tonight. My local shop was not allocated any cases due to the fact that they didn't sell enough Budweiser. Makes sense though, they are a "craft" beer shop and not your average liquor store. However, when I went to my local Ralph's to pick up some groceries, they had probably 10 cases out, limit 2, $9.99 ea. So I grabbed 2 just because.

On a better note, now that Russian River has their Windsor location open, we're seeing Blind Pig, STS Pils, and Happy Hops a lot more frequently.

Image
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15354
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:17 pm

HisBobness wrote:First year not actively searching for BCBS in the morning. Goes to show that beer just doesn't have the hype that it used to. Heck, I'm the first one to post about it tonight. My local shop was not allocated any cases due to the fact that they didn't sell enough Budweiser. Makes sense though, they are a "craft" beer shop and not your average liquor store. However, when I went to my local Ralph's to pick up some groceries, they had probably 10 cases out, limit 2, $9.99 ea. So I grabbed 2 just because.

On a better note, now that Russian River has their Windsor location open, we're seeing Blind Pig, STS Pils, and Happy Hops a lot more frequently.

Image

its lost its roll, but people still hunt BCBS. one store here got 69 total cases, with variants. i didnt really chase it this year. one store held a vanilla for me. snagged a vanilla and bramble at a total wine. unexpectedly snagged a third vanilla at a bar. skipped on the rest of them. shared/cracked a midnight orange at a bar.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
pvecchi
Art Expert
Posts: 1678
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:42 am

halftonegraphics wrote: its lost its roll, but people still hunt BCBS...,shared/cracked a midnight orange at a bar.
How’s the midnight orange? It’s the only variant where I’m at in Iowa (was still two cases of it when I went to the store at 8pm last night lol). Grabbbed one bottle but thinking of getting a second today if I hear any decent reviews?

Was really hoping to find the bramble berry / wheat wine but they didn’t even get those here
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:26 am

pvecchi wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote: its lost its roll, but people still hunt BCBS...,shared/cracked a midnight orange at a bar.
How’s the midnight orange? It’s the only variant where I’m at in Iowa (was still two cases of it when I went to the store at 8pm last night lol). Grabbbed one bottle but thinking of getting a second today if I hear any decent reviews?

Was really hoping to find the bramble berry / wheat wine but they didn’t even get those here
Tried the Midnight Orange last night. I have nothing positive/good to say about it. Yuck!

There's plenty of Wheat Wine here if you're wanting some help.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15354
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 am

midnight was alright. nothing great. tastes just like those chocolate oranges. we want to cuvee it with a vanilla, but we dont want to potentially waste a vanilla.

Image
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
pvecchi
Art Expert
Posts: 1678
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks Guy! I’ll just stick with the one bottle of the midnight orange then :-)
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Over the holiday I grabbed a 6 pack of both Sapporo and Sam Adams Winter Lager (the liquor store I went to didn't really have anything that jumped out at me). I've had them both before and I was in the mood for the Winter Lager. However, I did go to another liquor store and got some of the Sam Adams White Christmas. I tried this for the first time either last year or in 2016 and out of the 3 I picked up, it was definitely my favorite!

I also picked up a few of these. I thought they were kinda cool. They're 25.4 fluid ounces of Miller High Life and the bottle is shaped like a champagne bottle. Pretty cheap too. Only about $3 per bottle.

Image
User avatar
HisBobness
Art Expert
Posts: 3501
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: California

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Over the holiday I grabbed a 6 pack of both Sapporo and Sam Adams Winter Lager (the liquor store I went to didn't really have anything that jumped out at me). I've had them both before and I was in the mood for the Winter Lager. However, I did go to another liquor store and got some of the Sam Adams White Christmas. I tried this for the first time either last year or in 2016 and out of the 3 I picked up, it was definitely my favorite!

I also picked up a few of these. I thought they were kinda cool. They're 25.4 fluid ounces of Miller High Life and the bottle is shaped like a champagne bottle. Pretty cheap too. Only about $3 per bottle.
I usually put Sam Adams one notch ahead of Blue Moon, but if you say their White Christmas is good, I'll give it a shot.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 pm

HisBobness wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Over the holiday I grabbed a 6 pack of both Sapporo and Sam Adams Winter Lager (the liquor store I went to didn't really have anything that jumped out at me). I've had them both before and I was in the mood for the Winter Lager. However, I did go to another liquor store and got some of the Sam Adams White Christmas. I tried this for the first time either last year or in 2016 and out of the 3 I picked up, it was definitely my favorite!

I also picked up a few of these. I thought they were kinda cool. They're 25.4 fluid ounces of Miller High Life and the bottle is shaped like a champagne bottle. Pretty cheap too. Only about $3 per bottle.
I usually put Sam Adams one notch ahead of Blue Moon, but if you say their White Christmas is good, I'll give it a shot.
Enjoy. Sam Adams is my favorite beer label as they consistently have great and varying flavors and aren't afraid to experiment. Plus, do yourself the favor if you don't have one already and get yourself the perfect pint glass. It does make a difference!
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Grimm finally bottling one of my very beers from them. Remember this pretty much tasting like an raspberry icicle (in a good way)

Image
User avatar
relentlesskevin
Art Expert
Posts: 1586
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Easton
Contact:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:02 pm

So good!
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm

I went by the liquor store on the way home today and made another 6 pack: the Budweiser Copper Lager with Jim Beam (I've had it before but wanted another), Not You Father's Fruit Punch, Not Your Father's Moutain Ale Citrus Brew, Harpoon Winter Warmer (they got me on the Cinnamon & Nutmeg ingredients), Harpoon Dunkin' Coffee Porter (which I'm expecting to be terrible but curious enough to try it) and one which I've never heard before, Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 50965
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:03 pm

It's pouring rain and under 60, which means it's officially winter so I'm drinking a Log Cabin with coffee. A friend said the coffee was falling off already, but I still taste it. Tastes much better than I remember it on tap. It's still a bit sweeter than I'd like though.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12669
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:05 am

Irishman12 wrote:I went by the liquor store on the way home today and made another 6 pack: the Budweiser Copper Lager with Jim Beam (I've had it before but wanted another), Not You Father's Fruit Punch, Not Your Father's Moutain Ale Citrus Brew, Harpoon Winter Warmer (they got me on the Cinnamon & Nutmeg ingredients), Harpoon Dunkin' Coffee Porter (which I'm expecting to be terrible but curious enough to try it) and one which I've never heard before, Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock
This post is my beer nightmare...

Get off my lawn!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Givn2wail
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 am

Need your help Blue. Sent you a PM. Hope those things are working today
Post Reply