Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 pm

rhythmgtr5 wrote:
jjbehren wrote:Missed out on Assassin, but...
jjbehren wrote:Also, pro tip, if you're in the area but don't win I'd suggest heading there anyway. There was quite a bit of Morning Delight left over after all the winners picked their's up last August. The remainder was first-come-first-served.
How long was the line to pick up extras?
IDK because I was in the 11:00 a.m. time slot to pick up my box. I left before the winners all picked up their stuff. I think people started lining up for the FCFS bottles (there were 400ish boxes left over) around 1:00 p.m. and I think they were let in around 4:30ish. You might get better info if you bop around this thread a bit, starting around here: https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/ ... 87/page-52
natepachl
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm

pvecchi wrote:
jjbehren wrote:Also, Upper Midwest peeps, you need to do yourself a favor and try anything you can find from The Brewing Projekt out of Eau Claire, WI. Specifically their "Dare Mighty Things" line of ipas. So good.

Good stuff for sure... my local liquor store gets a shipment every week. Love the DMT and most of the variants
My daughter had a hockey tourney in Eau Claire last week, swung by to grab crowlers and cans. Their beers are good, and getting better - Resist Mango is incredible. Was really disappointed with what was(n't) available on-site at the taproom though.
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Last night was....rough. Buddies birthday party at his not yet opened pinball bar. First photo is just all magnums and one double mag. The other one is kind of far back, and missing a ton of fudge that got tossed at some point last night. Let's just say im glad I took today off work. Got to try 2 of the Prairie single barrels last night, both were super good.

Image5255215807168122631 by Tb252803, on Flickr
Image8369679862001183998 by Tb252803, on Flickr
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:20 pm

jjbehren wrote:Also, Upper Midwest peeps, you need to do yourself a favor and try anything you can find from The Brewing Projekt out of Eau Claire, WI. Specifically their "Dare Mighty Things" line of ipas. So good.
Do they have statewide distro or is it just out of EC? I haven't seen it in Madison, but then again I really haven't been on the lookout for it.
kansasbbq wrote:
ImAMonster wrote:My sister in law got picked, so I'll be able to do a vertical with my purple wax bottle (forget the year). I may go down and make a weekend with the wife and try to find some tappings too; we'll see. Congrats to the lucky few!
She got picked or she got picked for you? :wink:
I think we're going to have to drive down and pick it up for her, so I'm hoping we do a bottle for each couple. Otherwise I'll at least be there when they crack one...
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:34 pm

ImAMonster wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
ImAMonster wrote:My sister in law got picked, so I'll be able to do a vertical with my purple wax bottle (forget the year). I may go down and make a weekend with the wife and try to find some tappings too; we'll see. Congrats to the lucky few!
I think we're going to have to drive down and pick it up for her, so I'm hoping we do a bottle for each couple. Otherwise I'll at least be there when they crack one...
So you're her Proxy? Thought that was a no-no?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:41 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
ImAMonster wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
So you're her Proxy? Thought that was a no-no?
Twins Basil, twins...
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Baker, looks incredible!!! One of those mags looks familiar. :wink:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Not crazy about meads but this one is pretty tasty! Dig Trophy Hunt from Cerebral!
Last edited by phishstix101 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:40 pm

ImAMonster wrote: Twins Basil, twins...
Gotcha. :pint:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 pm

phishstix101 wrote:Not crazy about meads but this one is pretty tasty! Dig Trophy Hunt from Cerebral!
Trophy Hunt isn't a mead.

People think it's a whale 'round here, congrats that you got to try one!!!!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:40 pm

ImAMonster wrote:
Do they have statewide distro or is it just out of EC? I haven't seen it in Madison, but then again I really haven't been on the lookout for it.
They have a beer finder on their site: https://www.thebrewingprojekt.com/beer/
pvecchi
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:30 pm

jjbehren wrote:
ImAMonster wrote:
They have a beer finder on their site: https://www.thebrewingprojekt.com/beer/
They have it in Madison but it’s only at the smaller shops (Steve’s, Trixie’s, City View, etc). It goes pretty quick, especially the Variant batches

Untitled Art is making some decent stuff too lately (Hazy IIPA, Juicy IPA)
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:31 pm

dat FO PBJC! soo good. what an eff'd bottle release.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 pm

Found this on my way to work... and no, I don't have proper glassware at the job site.
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Baker, looks incredible!!! One of those mags looks familiar. :wink:
Yeah buddy! The Crooked Stave and Cantillon mags were mine. We were all beyond gone at the end of it all, awesome night. Not a bad weekend to start on call to let my liver recover to get ready for the Southern Grist party next weekend.

Also, if you like Peanut Butter Jelly Crime, pay the price and get a bottle of that Reboog we had a magnum of. PBJC is pretty damn good, and that reboog was an entirely different animal, it was incredible.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"