Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
carljwiii
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 pm

jlabbate wrote:New triple dry hopped IPA from Other Half..Triple Cream..straight up fire :pint:
Havent scored one of these yet. Grabbing 6 of each tomorrow though. :pint:
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 pm

carljwiii wrote:
jlabbate wrote:New triple dry hopped IPA from Other Half..Triple Cream..straight up fire :pint:
Enjoy..you wont be disappoonted
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Made it to trillium but not tree house this time. Dialed in and pm dawn are so fuggin good.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Fair state / modern times - spirit foul. This is one of the best mn made ne ipas I've tried. Fair state is a brewery to keep an eye on. Their sour program is pretty good too

:pint:
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:11 pm

^have heard good things about that.

ive always enjoyed their pahlay'ahlay.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
partpat
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Rosele by fair state is a go to drinkable sour.
natepachl
Art Expert

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:40 am

Spirit Foul is killer.
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
jlabbate
Art Freak

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Received a imperial maple junkie crowler from heist brewery via trade..damn tasty..perfect stout for the GGG-ALVAREZ fight :pint:
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:09 am

Codeblue wrote:Made it to trillium but not tree house this time. Dialed in and pm dawn are so fuggin good.
Ooof. That peanut butter stout they put out on Friday is somethin' else. Really great stuff.

On a side note, I'm having my bachelor party next weekend and this is our first stop (I'm gonna die): http://copenhagenbeerfest.com/beer
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:24 am

jlabbate wrote:
carljwiii wrote:
Enjoy..you wont be disappoonted
nice glass.
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Over carbed, but amazing!
Givn2wail
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:35 am

Codeblue wrote:Made it to trillium but not tree house this time. Dialed in and pm dawn are so fuggin good.
Pics or it didn't happen :P
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:51 pm

relentlesskevin wrote:Over carbed, but amazing!
just an FYI

Over the weekend we became aware of some incidents of Mexican Brunch bottles foaming when opened. We take any potential issues regarding quality seriously and so starting Monday morning we began investigating the issue to determine whether there was a problem. As with all our bottled and canned beers, Mexican Brunch went through a series of laboratory tests to detect any beer spoiling contaminants in the tank and once again in the package - all of which came back negative prior to its release.

Our first step was to re-run all those tests yesterday to confirm that the beer was negative—which it is. We also re-tested the carbonation levels in the bottles. The result was between 2.2-2.4 volumes of carbonation which is in the correct tolerance for this beer (Head High is carbonated at 2.5 volumes as a point of reference). We then proceeded to open a few cases of archived bottles that we save from each release that were from different points in the bottling run.

Our results mirrored what we are hearing in the market place. A large portion of our bottles were fine, but we did encounter some that foamed when opened. Since we ruled out contamination and over-carbonation, we then considered other causes of foaming in beer--specifically nucleation points.

After some research, we believe that the foaming in some bottles was caused by nucleation points which is attributed to the abundant amount of the specific spices we used in Mexican Brunch. As we got closer to the end of the bottling run more of the spice particulates that had settled to the bottom of the tank ended up in some of the bottles. Since we have no way of knowing which bottles or how many are impacted, we are issuing a full refund to anyone who purchased Mexican Brunch. We are not asking for the bottles back or that you discard them because there is no issue with the beer and the flavor should not be impacted. There is also no need to store them cold, but we do recommend that you chill the bottles down completely prior to opening and pour quickly into a glass once opened.

Since we opened in 2011 our focus has been on setting and maintaining a consistently high level of quality for all our beers. With this bottle release we didn’t met those high internal standards we set for ourselves. We are continuing to research this issue to prevent this problem in the future. If you have any questions at all please email us at mkane@kanebrewing.com.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm

jlabbate wrote:Since we have no way of knowing which bottles or how many are impacted, we are issuing a full refund to anyone who purchased Mexican Brunch. We are not asking for the bottles back or that you discard them because there is no issue with the beer and the flavor should not be impacted.
Very impressive customer service! :notworthy:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Get that refund boys.