Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Kingfish
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:09 pm

reddog76 wrote:
Yeah, State College.
Keep an eye out for the next bottle release at Bullfrog. A little over an hour away from you and they make some of the best AWAs out there now. Also you are under two hours from Pizza Boy. I love their sours. Pretty sure they just had a release and probably still have some around. A ton of taps too. You can always make a weekend trip to Philly to check out tired hands, forest & main, and others and find AWAs and lambics in bottle shops. The only place east of CO you can get Russian River. And people make a similar drive up to VT to get Heady, Lawson's, Hill Farmstead, etc all the time. Long trip but worth it if you plan it right.

Most college towns have at least a couple decent beer shops. Pretty sure there is a Wegman's in State College and they get a good selection at most stores. Here is a link to stores in State College from BA, check out the reviews and try a few: http://www.beeradvocate.com/place/list/ ... US&s_id=PA

Generally speaking PA has great distribution.
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Thanks! We do get good beers, don't get me wrong.

We just lack in the sours department pretty much.

Lots of Flanders style ones somewhat. A bar near me is tapping full pint wild side today and another has bells wild one on tap.

It's hard for me to get out though with a 2 year old and a 3 month old :lol:

I plan on hitting pizza boy sometime soon and getting some crowlers. Westys distributor is 5 minutes from there as well which gets a great selection.
taylorph
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:39 pm

jlabbate wrote:
taylorph wrote:That Fundamental Observation is some serious fudge. Easily on par with BC Vanilla rye. Cuivre is also solid and worth the $31 price tag for the 750 ml.
been trying to trade for FO on BA & FB..folks wanting a kings ransom for it :hanging:
My buddy and his mule each grabbed one. He said he's got 8 bottles since the release that he's stashing away. :shock:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:30 am

Haven't checked in here in awhile. Haven't been drinking any beer. It's funny because when I was younger, more stress = more beer. Now I only seem to drink when I'm happy. If things aren't going so great, I don't drink fudge.

Things are looking up for my wife though so I'll be cracking open some beer tomorrow :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:22 am

^^^^^^^^

I hope everything gets better for your wife and yourself!
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:24 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Haven't checked in here in awhile. Haven't been drinking any beer. It's funny because when I was younger, more stress = more beer. Now I only seem to drink when I'm happy. If things aren't going so great, I don't drink fudge.

Things are looking up for my wife though so I'll be cracking open some beer tomorrow :pint:
Yeah I was wondering why I haven't been seeing any Miller Lites getting checked in by you, homie.

And I cracked open a Weyerbacher Sixteen, their anniversary beer from '11 and it was delicious. It's a dark braggot with tons of honey. The years definitely mellowed out the sweetness but tasty as hell.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:32 am

So I don't even know how to go about asking this question but, can anyone recommend a few readily available craft beers for me to try? I've been out of the beer game for a few years (not for health reasons or anything), but recently i've been wanting to try more craft beers, stuff with more flavor. My favorite regular beers are Blue Moon and Guiness. I've tried Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and I didn't really like the flavor. Anyway I know taste is subjective and all but just wondering if some of you fine folks could point me in a good direction of things to try. Thanks! :pint:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:34 am

bmd1191 wrote:So I don't even know how to go about asking this question but, can anyone recommend a few readily available craft beers for me to try? I've been out of the beer game for a few years (not for health reasons or anything), but recently i've been wanting to try more craft beers, stuff with more flavor. My favorite regular beers are Blue Moon and Guiness. I've tried Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and I didn't really like the flavor. Anyway I know taste is subjective and all but just wondering if some of you fine folks could point me in a good direction of things to try. Thanks! :pint:
Step 1. Don't drink Sierra Nevada :P

What part of the country do you live in?

reddog76 wrote:^^^^^^^^

I hope everything gets better for your wife and yourself!
Appreciate the kind words. :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:35 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Step 1. Don't drink Sierra Nevada :P

I live in central/northern NJ.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:38 am

bmd1191 wrote:

visit Kane & Carton Breweries ASAP!! :pint:
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:38 am

bmd1191 wrote:

Bottle king has some good stuff. I was at the livingston store 2 months ago and got a lot of goodies.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:39 am

Sierra Nevada is not anywhere close to my fav nor a regular drinking beer of mine, but i think they put out some good beers. They've been around and are much better than the other 80% of beers out there IMO.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:39 am

jlabbate wrote:
bmd1191 wrote:

I saw Carton's regular coffee cream ale. It looks awesome.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:40 am

reddog76 wrote:
jlabbate wrote:
bmd1191 wrote:

its awesome.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:40 am

reddog76 wrote:
jlabbate wrote:
bmd1191 wrote:

hell yeah it is!
loaded up on cans/growlers when they had it over the winter time..stuff goes quick around these parts