Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Cragars
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 10:07 am

dropdoctor wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Almost did tonight but went with the coffee instead. Good chance the cherry gets it tomorrow.

I just bought a sixer of grapefruit sculpin. So used to drinking 22s it feels like i got ripped off every time i finish a bottle.
cans tho
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 am

profbobo where did you hear about that? They don't have an email list I don't think. I'm probably going there tonight anyways.

Damnit I can't keep up with this fudge.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 10:45 am

reddog76 wrote: Deschutes just started distributing in our area so I'm excited to try the fresh squeeze IPA.
I've heard nothing but good about it.
Can't speak for the IPA's, but their Mirror Pond Pale is really solid. Only thing I've had of theirs, but it was well above average.
admhall
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 10:46 am

ColonelCash wrote:
reddog76 wrote: Deschutes just started distributing in our area so I'm excited to try the fresh squeeze IPA.
Can't speak for the IPA's, but their Mirror Pond Pale is really solid. Only thing I've had of theirs, but it was well above average.
Mirror Pond and The Fresh Squeeze are solid.
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu May 28, 2015 10:50 am

^^yeah, both are great.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu May 28, 2015 10:54 am

:drool: :clap: :pint:

Rum Barrel-Aged Monsters' Park Release
Modern Times Beer is stoked out of our frickin' gourds to announce the release of a gnarly new barrel-aged beer. Monsters' Park--our hulking, cantankerous 13% ABV imperial stout--was aged in Nicaraguan & Caribbean rum barrels for 6 months. Three variants were also created: Caribbean Rum w/ Vanilla Beans, Nicaraguan Rum w/ Coconut & Cocoa Nibs, Nicaraguan Rum w/ Rum Barrel-Aged Coffee.

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN NICARAGUAN RUM BARRELS
Black as oil and thick as blood. A vigorous pour produces a two finger, deep brown head. The mouthfeel is very full, with healthy carbonation. The aroma pops big time: major notes of molasses, oak, chocolate, and brown sugar waft out of the glass. The flavor is very powerful but exceptionally smooth, with dark rum & milk chocolate leading the charge, followed by vanilla-y oak, caramel, dark chocolate, and molasses. The finish lingers for days, with sweet malt and rich rum dominating. Extraordinarily smooth and rich for a 13% ABV beer. The roasty intensity of Monsters' Park is a beautiful match for the sweetness of dark rum. Bottles available: 140 (one barrel didn't pass QC which is why the number is so low). Price: $28+tax & BPT fee. Bottle limit: 1

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN CARIBBEAN RUM BARRELS
Same appearance & mouthfeel as the Nicaraguan version, but the Caribbean rum brings a much different character to the beer. Where the dark Nicaraguan rum is all about molasses & chocolate, the Caribbean rum is fruit-forward, complex, & spirit-heavy. The aroma sings with oak & tropical rum, with a roasted, chocolatey note behind it. The flavor starts with the fruit-heavy rum character, followed by vanilla-y oak, chocolate milk, and toast. The rum returns in the finish, coating the tongue with bright spirit notes, before transitioning to a rich caramel & chocolate character. A very unique & delicious beer. Bottles available: 800. Price: $28+tax & BPT fee. Bottle limit: 2

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN CARIBBEAN RUM BARRELS W/ VANILLA BEANS
We used vanilla beans from Madagascar, Tonga, and Tahiti to produce this stunner of a beer. The aroma pops with vanilla, oak, and chocolate. The flavor is loaded with vanilla--both from the floral end of the vanilla spectrum and the "vanilla ice cream" end--tiramisu, and dark chocolate. The finish is very rich; the vanilla makes the whole thing substantially more dessert-like. Exceptionally decadent. Bottles available: 750. Price: $30+tax & BPT fee. Bottle limit: 2

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN NICARAGUAN RUM BARRELS W/ COCONUT & COCOA NIBS
This beer is not subtle. It pours pitch black with a menacingly dark head that dissipates very quickly due to the fat from the coconut. The flavor and aroma are completely saturated with coconut & chocolate, but blend harmoniously with the strong dark rum & roast malt notes. This beer is explosively flavorful and completely coats the palate with coconut, milk chocolate, toasted bread, dark honey, and roast malt. Truly amazing. Bottles available: 800. Price: $30+tax & BPT fee. Bottle limit: 2

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN NICARAGUAN RUM BARRELS W/ RUM BARREL-AGED COFFEE
Truly one of the most unique and exciting beers we've made. For those of you who tried City of the Dead, this takes that experience to 11. Barrel-aged coffee aroma positively leaps out of the glass, combining with the molasses-y Nicaraguan rum character and dark roasted malt from Monsters' Park to produce one of the most complex aromas we've encountered. The flavor explodes on the palate: toasted marshmallows, milk chocolate, bright coffee, oak, and brown sugar-soaked rum. Incredibly flavorful. The barrel-aged coffee lingers for days, mixed with a big barrel character and loads of milk chocolate. A remarkable beer. Bottles available: 625. Price: $30+tax & BPT fee. Bottle limit: 2

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1633593
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 11:44 am

damn, ISO that vanilla aged in carribean rum barrels.. :drool:
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu May 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Modern Times' Black House just showed up like everywhere in SF. I didn't get much out of it. But I'd love to get my hands on that Monster Park vertical, that sounds awesome.
ColonelCash wrote:
Deschute's Black Butte Porter is like the go-to Porter in NorCal, in lots of (shitty) bars it's the only dark and non-Guiness beer on tap.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Givn2wail
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 28, 2015 1:21 pm

Nice little trade with halftonegraphics. Thanks again!!! :pint:
taylorph
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 1:25 pm

I wasn't super impressed with black house but it's the only dark beer the missus likes. The monster park Nicaraguan rum barrel and it's variants sounds damn good though.

Fresh squeezed IPA is good. When I worked at bevmo one guy came in every week to buy out our entire stock of it... every week for the whole time I worked there. So I had to start stashing a bottle in the back if I felt like having one :lol:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu May 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Givn2wail wrote:Image

Nice little trade with halftonegraphics. Thanks again!!! :pint:
bow down to the DARKNESS! :notworthy:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm

admhall wrote:
ColonelCash wrote:
Mirror Pond and The Fresh Squeeze are solid.
I've heard good things about the their Obsidian Stout, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
dropdoctor wrote:Had some Belching Beaver Peanut Butter stout yesterday, and goddamn was it good.
It's delicious! I just picked up two more bottles yesterday.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 1:28 pm

The obsidian stout was always a little harder to find, but I thought it was better than the porter. Both of them were my everyday goto porter/stouts out there in Seattle. Wish they distributed here....
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 1:31 pm

While Fresh Squeezed is good (not go out of your way good), I really think that Deschutes' best offering is Red Chair.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
partpat
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Cbjornson wrote:While Fresh Squeezed is good (not go out of your way good), I really think that Deschutes' best offering is Red Chair.

fresh squeezed and SN hop hunter are both examples of "fresh hopped beers" being made w Co2 extracted and frozen hop oil so they can make it year round.