Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue May 26, 2015 11:32 pm

profbobo wrote:Image

Seem to have made it safe and sound back to Denver. Some residue around the mouths, but I didn't really check when they filled them either. May have been there then, may have bubbled a little on the plane, but overall seem solid. Fingers crossed :) Gonna try to drink Hop Hands with my dudes at CS tomorrow.
Ohh baby... I'm 15 mins from that place. Hop Hands is tasty but there's so many other crazy beers they make that are out of this world. They are going to blow up because word has it they are going to bottle before the end of the year.

The I'm Sad and Foliage are probably two of the better beers I've had in a while. Goddamn I need to go there this week.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 26, 2015 11:36 pm

john38103 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Nitro Milk Stout has arrived!
I'm probably in the minority (especially since Left Hand Says the Nitro version fits their original vision for the beer best) but I prefer the non-nitro version of their bottled Milk Stout.
The regular milk stout is here too now, so I'll have to do a taste test.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
taylorph
Art Expert

Wed May 27, 2015 12:14 am

I'm excited to hit the brewery again next week as my annual road trip will take me through Longmont again. Some pretty good stuff comes out of CO but I'm always looking for recommendations in the Denver area. Crooked Stave perhaps?
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 am

63schoeffling wrote:

Seem to have made it safe and sound back to Denver. Some residue around the mouths, but I didn't really check when they filled them either. May have been there then, may have bubbled a little on the plane, but overall seem solid. Fingers crossed :) Gonna try to drink Hop Hands with my dudes at CS tomorrow.
Ohh baby... I'm 15 mins from that place. Hop Hands is tasty but there's so many other crazy beers they make that are out of this world. They are going to blow up because word has it they are going to bottle before the end of the year.

The I'm Sad and Foliage are probably two of the better beers I've had in a while. Goddamn I need to go there this week.
What brewery is this? Looks interesting. :drool:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed May 27, 2015 9:24 am

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed May 27, 2015 9:26 am

thanks tone.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
pwned
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2015 10:26 am

taylorph wrote:I'm excited to hit the brewery again next week as my annual road trip will take me through Longmont again. Some pretty good stuff comes out of CO but I'm always looking for recommendations in the Denver area. Crooked Stave perhaps?
Not quite in the Denver area, but Casey Brewing in Glenwood Springs is a strong up and comer. Their Saison is wonderful and I hear great things about the Fruit Stands, Oak Theory & Cuts.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2015 11:05 am

63schoeffling wrote:

They bottle already, just not frequently. They had a bottle release a week or two ago, I believe? Wish I had been able to get into their society but I couldn't find someone to do bottle pickups for me so I passed. I've been there several times. Love their beer so very much. The new space is awesome!
pwned wrote:
taylorph wrote:I'm excited to hit the brewery again next week as my annual road trip will take me through Longmont again. Some pretty good stuff comes out of CO but I'm always looking for recommendations in the Denver area. Crooked Stave perhaps?
Not quite in the Denver area, but Casey Brewing in Glenwood Springs is a strong up and comer. Their Saison is wonderful and I hear great things about the Fruit Stands, Oak Theory & Cuts.
Has their opening schedule changed? IIRC they are only open the first Saturday of the month? They're also a haul and a half from Denver. Great beer, though. You can snag it around Denver from time to time. Crooked Stave is amazing, and in a great space. I'm there so damn often I get an employee discount. I haven't checked out Spangalang yet, but hear a lot of good things. Comrade is awesome, but way far south from Longmont. If in Longmont, may just stop by BackCountry as they have a ton of great taps. Avery is up that way and their new tap room is pretty nice and the food is great.
Last edited by profbobo on Wed May 27, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
guryter
Art Expert

Wed May 27, 2015 11:07 am

Mexican cake finally landed out here, hurrah. Snagged a lagunitas high westified too, and a fresh lunch. C'monnnnnnn 6pm.

:pint:
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
pwned
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2015 11:37 am

profbobo wrote: Has their opening schedule changed?
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Since the beers we make are created in such small amounts, our brewery opening times will be extremely limited and sporadic. We anticipate being open the first Saturday of every month. Our next openings will be May 2nd, June 6th and July 4th 2015 from 11-4 PM. For the most up to date information about beer releases, follow us on Facebook or twitter, or send us a message below.
Hope it coincides with the visit!! I haven't made it up there myself but the beers I've had from them are fantastic. Mr. B's downtown might have a few cases of saison squirreled away, but not sure.
ImageImage
taylorph
Art Expert

Wed May 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!
I haven't been to the new Avery taproom or crooked stave so those are on the list of places to stop. I think we'll be a bit far from Glenwood springs that Saturday but we'll probably hit Left Hand, Oscar Blues, Great Divide, and maybe New Belgium if they have la follie and the lips of faith stuff on tap :pint:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Odell and Funkwerks are in Fort Collins if you're making the drive. If down in Denver would also check out Epic and Spangalang (and let me know how that is!!). Falling Rock has a great tap list but junky food. Freshcraft has great taps and great food.
ImageImage
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu May 28, 2015 12:41 am

Almost did tonight but went with the coffee instead. Good chance the cherry gets it tomorrow.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 28, 2015 8:30 am

dropdoctor wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Almost did tonight but went with the coffee instead. Good chance the cherry gets it tomorrow.

I just bought a sixer of grapefruit sculpin. So used to drinking 22s it feels like i got ripped off every time i finish a bottle.

It's soooo freaking good. Trading for sculpin were my only two trades on here :lol:

Deschutes just started distributing in our area so I'm excited to try the fresh squeeze IPA.

I've heard nothing but good about it.