Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
kcn0
Art Expert
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:15 am
Location: Illinois

Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:31 am

sigma722 wrote:Over the weekend I setup my hand-me-down Kegerator. My grandpa bought it before he passed, and had used it once, so it's old, but looks and runs like new.

I pretty much replaced all of the beer delivery system parts with new parts, including faucet, lines, keg coupler. Part of my plan is to have a quick disconnect system where I can switch to a corny keg in the future if I ever have a home brew in one, while also being able to fit a normal 1/6 barrel keg, using a low profile coupler. I was a little concered a 1/6 barrel and a normal coupler would be too tight, but in retro, it might have fit okay.

It's pretty neat having beer on tap in the kitchen.

For my first keg I grabbed a 1/6 barrel Boulvard Tank 7. Here is the finished setup:

Image

Here's a peak inside:

Image

First keg was pretty easy to decide on. I'm a pretty big fan of boulevard with them being "local". After that it's going to be a little more tricky to decide.
Very nice! You may want to purchase a guard for your pressure gauge/regulator.. They tend to break easily, and you will find that knocking the tank over is quite easy too :)
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15992
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Anyone try the Prairie Apple Brandy Noir yet?
Just hit NYC, and it's selling for $14 per bottle..definitely want to try but worth buying more than one?
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52685
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Codeblue wrote:
IndyDMBFan wrote:
Also grabbed a bottle of Prairie Apple Brandy Barrel Aged Noir last night.

Image

Anybody got any of the other Noir varieties for trade???
Drinking one of these tonight. Prairie really knows how to make a stout.
Paid $12 for 1 here, and wish I'd bought more.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8397
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm

Local store has Dogfish Head 120 IPA for $10.99 for 1 bottle. WTF???? :hanging:
Image
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:32 pm

mattlew69 wrote:Local store has Dogfish Head 120 IPA for $10.99 for 1 bottle. WTF???? :hanging:

thats about the average price. definitely not uncommon. i paid $8.99 and $9.99 this past weekend. skipped on the $10.99.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
taylorph
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:02 pm

This local place tapped Bells (almost) whole roster on tap today. I barely missed hopslam so I'm coping with a two hearted and their cherry stout.

:pint:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
User avatar
HisBobness
Art Expert
Posts: 3546
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: California

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:14 pm

taylorph wrote:This local place tapped Bells (almost) whole roster on tap today. I barely missed hopslam so I'm coping with a two hearted and their cherry stout.

:pint:
Had a local tap takeover here, too. So stoked they came out here. No Hopslam yet, but damn near 8 different brews to choose from. In bottle take home, too!

Cherry Stout is f'in amazing.
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8397
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:30 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
mattlew69 wrote:Local store has Dogfish Head 120 IPA for $10.99 for 1 bottle. WTF???? :hanging:

thats about the average price. definitely not uncommon. i paid $8.99 and $9.99 this past weekend. skipped on the $10.99.
I swear I paid $14.99 a 4 pack a couple years ago. I thought that was expensive at that time! :lol:

Another store I went to tonight said they were selling them for $18.99 a 4 pack. So I might wait until they get another shipment.
Image
User avatar
taylorph
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:05 am

Bells cherry stout was great. Kind of light but a nice sourness to it.

I also remember getting a 4 pack of 120 for $14.99 at Total Wine not too long ago.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15992
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am

jlabbate wrote:Anyone try the Prairie Apple Brandy Noir yet?
Just hit NYC, and it's selling for $14 per bottle..definitely want to try but worth buying more than one?
Bought a bottle. .it was delicious! :pint:
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7093
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:17 am

Man you guys on the left and right coast get gouged like crazy for yer Prarie stuff!

Glad you liked it though, missed it at my shop and still hoping to find a straggler or two around..
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15992
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:24 am

chalkdust wrote:Man you guys on the left and right coast get gouged like crazy for yer Prarie stuff!

Glad you liked it though, missed it at my shop and still hoping to find a straggler or two around..
we get such limited supply of their beer here they charge a premium for it, plus Prairie just started distributing to NY within the last 6 months..$9 for Bomb, $10 for Xmas bomb, $13 for Apply brandy noir...haven't seen any other Noir or BOMB! variants yet...(C'mon Pirate BOMB! :D )
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52685
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Funny that Bomb is less by ya but the Noir is more.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:56 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
mattlew69 wrote:Local store has Dogfish Head 120 IPA for $10.99 for 1 bottle. WTF???? :hanging:

thats about the average price. definitely not uncommon. i paid $8.99 and $9.99 this past weekend. skipped on the $10.99.
I swear I paid $14.99 a 4 pack a couple years ago. I thought that was expensive at that time! :lol:

Another store I went to tonight said they were selling them for $18.99 a 4 pack. So I might wait until they get another shipment.

thats one hell of a price and was probably mis-marked. think the suggested retail per bottle is like $7.49. ive never seen it for less than $8.99 a bottle.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
usamamasan1
Art Expert
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:00 am

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Bells just made it to LA. At Najas tonight in Redondo Beach with 5 on tap.
let's all smile together.
Post Reply