Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
yearsofstatic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Drove out to Chicago for Easter and bought some beer to bring home:

New Glarus Spotted Cow
New Glarus Spiced Ale
New Glarus Raspberry Tart
New Glarus Moon Man
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Half Acre Over Ale
Boulevard Tank 7
Surly Coffee Bender
Surly Cynic Ale
Tallgrass 8-Bit Pale Ale
Une Annee- Life Beyond Death
Real Ale/Surly/Three Flyods Blakkr
Three Floyds Gumballhead
Three Floyds Pride and Joy
Three Floyds Robert the Bruce

Checking their site now, Three Floyds has Zombie Dust and Alpha King to go today so kinda bummed I missed out but I have plenty of other tasties to quench my thirst.
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Still on the island? Invite me over.....I'll bring some goodies

:pint:
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
admhall
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:21 pm

yearsofstatic wrote:Drove out to Chicago for Easter and bought some beer to bring home:

New Glarus Spotted Cow
New Glarus Spiced Ale
New Glarus Raspberry Tart
New Glarus Moon Man
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Half Acre Over Ale
Boulevard Tank 7
Surly Coffee Bender
Surly Cynic Ale
Tallgrass 8-Bit Pale Ale
Une Annee- Life Beyond Death
Real Ale/Surly/Three Flyods Blakkr
Three Floyds Gumballhead
Three Floyds Pride and Joy
Three Floyds Robert the Bruce

Checking their site now, Three Floyds has Zombie Dust and Alpha King to go today so kinda bummed I missed out but I have plenty of other tasties to quench my thirst.
Nice haul!!! Daisy Cutter is a go to for me
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:23 pm

In the spirit of Shag's giveaway I'd like to give a couple bottles of some local gems out. These two gals:

To enter, just post your story of how you got interested in craft brews. Seems like most everyone has that one beer/moment that makes them go "huh, maybe there is more out there than Miller Lite."

Mine occurred during one of our softball games my first year out of college. My buddy, who had already ventured outside the world of cheap American pilsners, purchased the pitchers for our game. When he came back with three pitchers of Lakefront IPA, the whole team (myself included) pissed and moaned that he got "that weird fudge" instead of the standard issue Miller Lite. Two tasty cups and a small buzz later and I was hooked. Partially due to taste, mostly due to the amazement that beers existed where you didn't have to drink 6 to catch a buzz. The rest is history.

Feel free to post until Sunday night. I'll pick two names Monday morning. First name picked gets first choice and the second will get whichever one they don't pick. Cheers!
shagdonk
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:30 pm

One day I found Pliny. End of story!
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:31 pm

shagdonk wrote:One day I found Pliny. End of story!
Haha, how did I know yours would go something like that.
partpat
Art Freak

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:37 pm

I have lived in the same neighborhood for about 5 years that has about 3 really good beer bars that i frequent a lot and i had completley ignored beer until about a year ago opting for cocktails etc. Then I fell in love with Kwak at the happy gnonme , all down hill from there..
quiksilvr22
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:45 pm

Had one of these awhile back. Thought it tasted like a liquid band aid. Like exactly the way they smell. Maybe it was bad or something because it gets decent reviews from BA. Definitely wasn't for me.

Had a growler of Mysterious Amber from Rooster Fish out of Watkins Glen. It was decent.
ImageImage
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:13 pm

I managed a liquor store when I lived in KC 8-9 years ago. Got to know the guys at Boulevard fairly well. They would host private events at the brewery and they were always so much fun!

As far as a specific beer goes, for me it has to be Mountain Sun's Hop Vivant. A buddy from college used to be a brewer there 5-6 years ago. We were there visiting one weekend and that's all we drank the entire time. It was amazing! :pint:

Thanks PrintNoob87! :notworthy:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:18 pm

shagdonk wrote:One day I found Pliny. End of story!
sames.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:26 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:In the spirit of Shag's giveaway I'd like to give a couple bottles of some local gems out. These two gals:

To enter, just post your story of how you got interested in craft brews. Seems like most everyone has that one beer/moment that makes them go "huh, maybe there is more out there than Miller Lite."

Feel free to post until Sunday night. I'll pick two names Monday morning. First name picked gets first choice and the second will get whichever one they don't pick. Cheers!
For me it was a gradual movement into the craft. The party days brought out the 30 packs of Bud Light. When that all died down, I brought out the Coors Original (I thought I was a bad ass bringing the OG to the hangouts. I felt old and that I should have a mustache and squint when I talked about yesteryear). But, I was neither old nor did I have a mustache to brush in the morning, so I went to my local BevMo one afternoon and picked up a $10 six pack of this local brew called Lagunitas. Let me tell you, it SUCKED. It sucked so drymounting much that I went back and bought a damn case of it. Since then, I've never looked back. I've gotten good sud recommendations from this site and have traded away my share of Russian River so others can experience it. I'd be stoked to try a New Glarus.

New beer. Same ole glass.
fredo
Art God

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 pm

I had a Rogue Dead Guy* about 20 years ago and that was the beginning of the end of my relationship with Labatt Blue and Genessee. Stuck it out with Yuengling though- we're like soulmates.

*not a euphemism
just a foil for me today, thanks
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 pm

In college I drank the shitty fudge. We went to a place called franklins brewery senior year a few times and I though all their beer was so bad. Like the absolute worst. I knew nothing and hated it. I tried some dogfish head 60 minute and that weened me on to good beer. I didn't start drinking it until after college though because I didn't have a job. I thought I needed to get a bit more classy because I was going to law school. My drink of choice was olde english 40s. :toilet:

Now I spend way too much on a fraction of the ounces of liquid. I need help.
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
inkedup
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:47 pm

yearsofstatic wrote:Checking their site now, Three Floyds has Zombie Dust and Alpha King to go today so kinda bummed I missed out but I have plenty of other tasties to quench my thirst.
Damn, they must of sold out already, don't see it listed on the site now.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:56 pm

I college we used to always get kegs of the "Champagne of Beers" (Light). $55 bucks for a keg of high life light. I had 4 buddies in a house who would each kick in 10 bucks a week and then there would be a "sponsor" each week which always get you cuts to the front of the beer line and your photo up on the wall of sponsors. When we got "The good stuff" it was miller light, and occasionally Ice House (Fight House) would be on sale and we would get that.

Once I graduated and had a real job I started buying decent beers, but nothing to crazy to be honest. I would get some different Stone beers but didnt really venture much outside of the norms. I only really got deeper into the beers when I moved to Denver. Had some excellent bottle shops with massive beer selections. There was always just so much to pick from. The first time I went into Argonaut I thought I was in heaven...and I was right. I spent a ton of money in that place and moving to Seattle now I have 2 good shops within walking distance which had made it even worse (or better).
Last edited by Baker on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"