Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:52 pm

talkingdeads wrote:the last time you took your head out of my lap.
I looked for that lil thing for hours. Couldn't find it even after moving each roll individually.

P.S. When ya coming out west again so we can snuggle?

P.P.S. The dubhe is the first black ipa I've tried. Definitely an interesting taste. A little too bitter for me though.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:00 pm

being in Chicago is much different than the rest of the midwest, either way though we have greatly improved our beer
mmmm Beer :pint:
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Nice. Clown Shoes has a badass Double Black IPA....Hoppy Feet 1.5 I think it's called.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:23 pm

drank a 2013 bcbs bottle tonight and it was fantastic! much better than i remember from last year. I went to maxs tap house in baltimore at 11am when it opened for the two barley wines. I got a sample of it on tap and damn was it good. I wish I grabbed more! :drool:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:31 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:prolly my top 4 IPAs. :drool: shitty pic.
Two-hearted and ZD would also be in my top 5 for sure, waiting to try Pliny and Topper. Might not have regular access to Pliny, but I'm spoiled to be able to get two-hearted any day of the week.

Also, was able to grab a decent amount of regular Bourbon County but most of my spots got pretty meager variant shipments. They were either selling single bottles or a 4 pack with 2 regular, one barley and one coffee. Hoping for better luck tomorrow.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:14 am

Gotta love that Two Farted :pint:
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:40 am

Y'all try Deshutes 2013 fresh hop IPA?!? Mmmmm mmmm mmmm...

:pint:

:ziggi:
mattlew69
Art Expert

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:56 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Gotta love that Two Farted :pint:
Two Farted is my "go to" Bells beer. Delicious. Had 2 last night.
pagesofphotographs
Art Enthusiast

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:00 pm

This landed yesterday...

So now I'm celebrating with these...

And watching the Michigan Ohio State game, cheers!
mattlew69
Art Expert

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:01 pm

MacDaddy wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Finally there is something worthwhile in the Midwest.

P.S. Currently sipping on this:
Yeah, because the Midwest really sucks at making beer these days.
Come to Michigan, Codebrew and I will give you a tour of some of the best breweries in the Midwest.

Founder's, Bell's, Short's, and Three Floyd's, we will hit them all and I wont even make you suck my peen like 'deads does.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:10 pm

That's about as ballin' a lineup as you can get with those breweries.
PygmyLush
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:46 pm

i have been going to treehouse brewing co out in brimfield MA to wait 2 hours to get growler fills for the last 3 weekends. they are a backyard brewery operating out of a barn that is only open 2 days a week. it is a very cool place on top of a hill with a great view and barrel fires to keep you warm good people waiting for good beer. i have had 3 different ipas and a milk stout from them. they only have 2 beers on tap each day and are moving out of the barn into the town of monson soon to expand production.

people say that the julius ipa they make can go toe to toe with pliny elder no questions asked, i have yet to try a pliny but the guys i was taking to knew a great deal about beer. would love to do a side by side.

also made a trip to night shift in everet ma to stock up for thanksgiving. got a berliner weisse style sour ale aged with blueberry and cinnamon sticks, not a lot of berry taste and a perfect cinnamon note, was amazing. also got a pour of a tap room exclusive brandy barrel-aged rye ale re-fermented with brettanomyces. the brandy and rye flavor got rid of the typical strong barn/musk taste that the breet usually brings. these guys are doing great things i can't wait to start the barrel society for the coming year.
"Hipsters are pissing all over the mustache's good name"- preacher010
dwyutzey
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:01 pm

I've had Julius and it's the real deal! Never had Pliny so I couldnt compare. The Treehouse guys def seem to have their beers all sorted out. Unfortunately, the same isnt as true about their zoning & neighbors. Looking forward to new brewery venue maybe making their beer a little more "accessible". Pesky neighbors ruin everything
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:46 pm

zombi3brainz87 wrote:I just go down the list. Call up foremost liquors some are sold out some are getting next week. Just don't pay attention to there times. Everybody that gave me a time of let's say 3pm had it by noon so u just gotta keep calling and checking up.
Little bit of luck and determination yield the best results lol.

Well found a few of the the backyard rye but nothing else....

FYI Whole Foods said that have yet to sell theirs
mmmm Beer :pint:
zefarrett
Art Freak

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:21 pm

Drank a goose island bourbon county stout from the bottle yesterday and sharing the growler I got of it tonight with my gf and poopsicle. I couldn't drink it myself or id be out of commission for the next 4 days. :toilet:

oh and were opening the bottle of pliny he brought back! :pint:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)