Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18043
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 pm

juanbobo808 wrote:
redbrew wrote:When I hit the local restaurant, I always look for the local micro brews first. After that, it is usually about finding something I have not tried before.
This, except if I can't find a microbrew on tap, I'll just go for the classic whiskey on the rocks. It may cost a little more, but it's worth it to avoid macro lager.
Agree with both of you. I always look for either micro brews or something new to me. Sometimes though, you end up in a place where there is neither and then you go with whiskey. That is old reliable for me :) :pint:
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
juanbobo808
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:00 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
juanbobo808 wrote:
redbrew wrote:When I hit the local restaurant, I always look for the local micro brews first. After that, it is usually about finding something I have not tried before.
This, except if I can't find a microbrew on tap, I'll just go for the classic whiskey on the rocks. It may cost a little more, but it's worth it to avoid macro lager.
Agree with both of you. I always look for either micro brews or something new to me. Sometimes though, you end up in a place where there is neither and then you go with whiskey. That is old reliable for me :) :pint:
Yeah, it's pretty rare in Portland, OR to not find niche micro brew on tap. People here consider Widmer Hefeweizen macro beer practically, but obviously it's not. We're spoiled 8)
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18043
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:05 pm

juanbobo808 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
juanbobo808 wrote:
redbrew wrote:When I hit the local restaurant, I always look for the local micro brews first. After that, it is usually about finding something I have not tried before.
This, except if I can't find a microbrew on tap, I'll just go for the classic whiskey on the rocks. It may cost a little more, but it's worth it to avoid macro lager.
Agree with both of you. I always look for either micro brews or something new to me. Sometimes though, you end up in a place where there is neither and then you go with whiskey. That is old reliable for me :) :pint:
Yeah, it's pretty rare in Portland, OR to not find niche micro brew on tap. People here consider Widmer Hefeweizen macro beer practically, but obviously it's not. We're spoiled 8)
Rub it in why don't ya :) I actually almost moved to the Portland area just because of all the micro breweries and I loved the moniker beervana. I decided on Wisconsin.
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:23 pm

redbrew wrote:
mistersmith wrote: Most beer isn't supposed to be cold.
This has some truth in Europe, but not so much in the US.
The beer doesn't care which country it's in.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
jeter0204
Art Expert
Posts: 5548
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 am
Location: Frisco, TX
Contact:

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Just stumbled across this article. It seems like this maybe a new series from Ommegang next year. Interested to give it a try. FIrst one is a blonde ale

Image

http://www.thatsnerdalicious.com/beer/f ... ious%21%29
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
User avatar
john38103
Art Expert
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am
Location: Chicago

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:24 pm

mistersmith wrote:
redbrew wrote:
mistersmith wrote: Most beer isn't supposed to be cold.
This has some truth in Europe, but not so much in the US.
The beer doesn't care which country it's in.
Take that back!
Image
Image
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15251
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Heading back east tonight and a few friends and I will be having this tomorrow ... seems pretty fitting for 12/21 ... eh?

Image
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18043
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Pewter I actually picked up a bottle yesterday. I have been wanting to try it for awhile. Any good?
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Here and There

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:29 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:I forgot to add Guinness to the list. I can put a four pack away with great ease. :pint:
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
User avatar
john38103
Art Expert
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am
Location: Chicago

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Pewter I actually picked up a bottle yesterday. I have been wanting to try it for awhile. Any good?
I love pretty much everything Unibroue does. I think their Trois Pistoles deserves more praise than it receives.
User avatar
juanbobo808
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:09 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
juanbobo808 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
juanbobo808 wrote: This, except if I can't find a microbrew on tap, I'll just go for the classic whiskey on the rocks. It may cost a little more, but it's worth it to avoid macro lager.
Agree with both of you. I always look for either micro brews or something new to me. Sometimes though, you end up in a place where there is neither and then you go with whiskey. That is old reliable for me :) :pint:
Yeah, it's pretty rare in Portland, OR to not find niche micro brew on tap. People here consider Widmer Hefeweizen macro beer practically, but obviously it's not. We're spoiled 8)
Rub it in why don't ya :) I actually almost moved to the Portland area just because of all the micro breweries and I loved the moniker beervana. I decided on Wisconsin.
Wisconsin's not a bad microbrew state either! It's difficult to compete with a city like Portland that has the most microbreweries of any city in the world, hehe. :drool:
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15251
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:15 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Pewter I actually picked up a bottle yesterday. I have been wanting to try it for awhile. Any good?
I love it, but it'll knock you on your ass if you're not careful. 9.0%

The Maudite's a bit tamer but tasty in its own right.

Image
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
kramer73
Art Expert
Posts: 4282
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote: Rub it in why don't ya :) I actually almost moved to the Portland area just because of all the micro breweries and I loved the moniker beervana. I decided on Wisconsin.
We've got some good beer here in WI. Whereabouts are you located?
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
Hornet
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:42 pm

pewter14 wrote:Heading back east tonight and a few friends and I will be having this tomorrow ... seems pretty fitting for 12/21 ... eh?

Image
La Fin du monde is my favorite from Unibroue. Don de Deiu is good also. Only things I like from Canada!
Post Reply