Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
inkedup
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:21 pm

I tried what might possibly be the best IPA I've ever tasted at 3Floyds last night. The "Cimmerian Sabertooth Berzerker", its an imperial with 100IBU and 9%ABV, it's ridiculously hoppy and went down real smooth, just posting this is making me thirsty.
thegig
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Hopslam = Hypeslam. Nuff said.

I'd love to try that Double Simcoe just for shits and giggles, but I personally find Simcoe hops a bit too biting. Great aroma, but to me, it tastes like aspirin ground up with grapefruit peel dissolved into an otherwise perfectly good beer.

Thinking of picking up a bottle of this:
but it's $20 for 500mLs....kinda pricey. Gonna get my record shopping done today then see where I'm at.
inkedup
Art Expert

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:26 am

Drinking a Founders "breakfast stout" right now, forgot how good this beer tastes, smells delicious too :pint:
thegig wrote:I'd love to try that Double Simcoe just for shits and giggles, but I personally find Simcoe hops a bit too biting.
You'd be surprised, it actually has a lot less bite than you would expect, not really bitter at all more of a complex herbally flavor.
fluffheadies
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:12 am

NICE swap there gentlemen, very jealous of all that FFF's.... I just finished my last bottle of Alpha today, which leaves me empty of FFF. Followed by a Rochefort (Blue) 09, KBS 10, Thomas Hardy's 04, and CBS to ease the pain of the Pack loss.

If anyone ever wants to make a trade for FFF or Bells I can get most everything else except for the non NY west coast Flavors (of which Id also love to trade for). I have some cellared bottles of various headies if anyone wants to get nuts.... ISO: Dark Lord, Kate the great, Etc. PM me if interested in discussing.
tuumi
Art Expert

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 am

Interesting discussion in the Beeradvocate forum about overrated beer. The question was posed "Most overrated brewery?" The discussion that followed included many people suggesting that Dogfish Head was overrated. Then Sam Calagione posts to defend himself.
http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/4343008 Sam comes in a little more than halfway through.

Went to my local beer store this weekend to find they have sold out of Hopslam and they are getting more for sure in three weeks. He said they are a big store and gt more than most and sold over 100 cases.
Like our meadery on FB:
facebook.com/beewellmeadery
inkedup
Art Expert

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:33 pm

tuumi wrote:Interesting discussion in the Beeradvocate forum about overrated beer. The question was posed "Most overrated brewery?" The discussion that followed included many people suggesting that Dogfish Head was overrated. Then Sam Calagione posts to defend himself.
http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/4343008 Sam comes in a little more than halfway through.
I met Sam at FFF when they did a 8 course collaboration dinner, he took the time to sit at each table for a few minutes and talk with every customer who bought tickets for the dinner, super nice guy. Every forum is the same, if people aren't bitching about beer they're bitching about gig posters and movie posters. I don't think Sam was necessarily trying to defend himself as much as he was stating how senseless the discussion was. Funny thing is the same people bitching about breweries being overrated are the same ones creating the hype, they see some highly rated "rare" beer on beer advocate that only the snobbiest of beer snobs have tried and they decide to bid for one they found on ebay and end up paying 5x the original value. After the beer arrives they crack it open only to realize they don't like it so they quickly run to their computer to post on beer advocate how overrated it is.
fluffheadies
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Most breweries that have the reputation of being overrated did something good along the way to deserve such a title, if that makes any scene. The hype that causes certain flavors to fly off the shelves is a different story but such are the headies....
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:52 pm

For everyone in SF, Rosamunde is celebrating the 2nd Anniversary of their Mission location on Wednesday night (5 to midnight). $1 Racer 5 all night, $1 Radeberger, and $2 Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout.

$2 Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

2832 Mission St., SF.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 pm

That's a friggin deal. 10 bucks plus tip will get you well on your way.
just a foil for me today, thanks
inkedup
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Got a nice haul from Denver today...

And picked up some FFF for beer trades...

sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 pm

:clap: :clap:

Inkedup is a great trader. Highly recommended.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Nice. The Maharaja is very good.
just a foil for me today, thanks
inkedup
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Im drinking the Bear Republic Racer 5 right now, has a nice blend of hops and malt and a very smooth/clean aftertaste, probably would be a go to session beer for me if it was available locally.
guru59
Art Connoisseur
Location: probably an airplane, strike that, in the mountains of Chamonix

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 pm

inkedup wrote:
tuumi wrote:Interesting discussion in the Beeradvocate forum about overrated beer. The question was posed "Most overrated brewery?" The discussion that followed included many people suggesting that Dogfish Head was overrated. Then Sam Calagione posts to defend himself.
I met Sam at FFF when they did a 8 course collaboration dinner, he took the time to sit at each table for a few minutes and talk with every customer who bought tickets for the dinner, super nice guy. Every forum is the same, if people aren't bitching about beer they're bitching about gig posters and movie posters. I don't think Sam was necessarily trying to defend himself as much as he was stating how senseless the discussion was. Funny thing is the same people bitching about breweries being overrated are the same ones creating the hype, they see some highly rated "rare" beer on beer advocate that only the snobbiest of beer snobs have tried and they decide to bid for one they found on ebay and end up paying 5x the original value. After the beer arrives they crack it open only to realize they don't like it so they quickly run to their computer to post on beer advocate how overrated it is.

Spot on my friend.
"Magnetism is one of the Six Fundamental Forces of the Universe, with the other five being Gravity, Duct Tape, Whining, Remote Control, and The Force That Pulls Dogs Toward The Groins Of Strangers."
guru59
Art Connoisseur
Location: probably an airplane, strike that, in the mountains of Chamonix

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 pm

inkedup wrote:Im drinking the Bear Republic Racer 5 right now, has a nice blend of hops and malt and a very smooth/clean aftertaste, probably would be a go to session beer for me if it was available locally.

Do you live in Denver? If so, you need to drive up towards Longmont and hit Liquid's & Solid's. Can't miss it for the MASSIVE Dale's can out front. If you like Dales & Racer 5, then try the Deviant Dale's on tap. It's F'in insane and took Silver at ABF this year.

What's better than Dales Pale on crack? They had to peel me out of that place. :pint:
"Magnetism is one of the Six Fundamental Forces of the Universe, with the other five being Gravity, Duct Tape, Whining, Remote Control, and The Force That Pulls Dogs Toward The Groins Of Strangers."