Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8295
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:58 pm

My brother was teling me about these on Sunday and I didn't believe him, but here they are! Bargain, if they really do actually feel like the real thing. But how can they have Lunar Lander without the classic throttle control? Still, might be picking one up for myself for xmas...intrigued if anyone has any experience with these.

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/arc ... UQoWyfAC3g
User avatar
ToonKiller
Art Expert
Posts: 1903
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: High Plains Drifter

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Those hit all the right nostalgia buttons.
User avatar
Jamilton
Art Expert
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:58 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:My brother was teling me about these on Sunday and I didn't believe him, but here they are! Bargain, if they really do actually feel like the real thing. But how can they have Lunar Lander without the classic throttle control? Still, might be picking one up for myself for xmas...intrigued if anyone has any experience with these.

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/arc ... UQoWyfAC3g
Yeah I’ve been real curious about those too. Will probably wait to read some reviews before taking the leap, but they definitely look pretty sweet.
User avatar
mlinderer
Art Expert
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Chicago (Skokie)

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:32 pm

The wife says she thinks we should get a PS4. Are there any good bundle deals out there?
Devours
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:28 am

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:30 pm

mlinderer wrote:The wife says she thinks we should get a PS4. Are there any good bundle deals out there?

I love my PS4 Pro. Well worth $400 considering the PS5 won't be dropping until 2020. Right now you could pre-order the Red Dead Redemption pack for retail so you get the game for free. But if you can wait until Black Friday SONY are dropping units by $50, at least in Japan. I see no reason why that will not be here in the States either considering they did it back in July briefly. The issue is the PRO's are slowly restocking everywhere and may be hard to find with the discount.
Drink Life

Image T.K.C.
User avatar
mlinderer
Art Expert
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Chicago (Skokie)

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:43 pm

Devours wrote:
mlinderer wrote:The wife says she thinks we should get a PS4. Are there any good bundle deals out there?

I love my PS4 Pro. Well worth $400 considering the PS5 won't be dropping until 2020. Right now you could pre-order the Red Dead Redemption pack for retail so you get the game for free. But if you can wait until Black Friday SONY are dropping units by $50, at least in Japan. I see no reason why that will not be here in the States either considering they did it back in July briefly. The issue is the PRO's are slowly restocking everywhere and may be hard to find with the discount.
Saw the RDR2 pack, which is what I'll probably get. Is it likely that they'll have enough to fulfill pre-orders on the 26th when they drop or will I have to wait for backorder?
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5387
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Black Ops 4 is pretty fun. Im on PC and have only played the blackout mode but im really enjoying it. Got a win yesterday.
Nice change up from pubg to try something polished and fast paced.
  • Image Image Image ImageImage
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:15 am

Anybody picking up Fallout 76? Those gameplay videos make it look really darn good.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
ToonKiller
Art Expert
Posts: 1903
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: High Plains Drifter

Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:50 pm

No time for post apocalyptic it’s all about being a cowboy right now. Just finished Red Dead Redemption 2 last night but not really because of all the easter eggs and side missions on a Skyrim type of level. An dayum it’s easily GOTY with God of War a very close 2nd.

Gitty up Pony Boy it’s time for a 2nd play through.

Image
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5387
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 pm

god of war takes it easily for me

im bored of rdr2. no motivation to continue. It's so tiring to play. I wish they excluded all of the "realistic" things like having to call your horse and wait for it, equipping guns from your horse, having to pat and feed it, having to hunt animals, contribute to camp, eat, change clothes etc
its too much

im playing BF5 right now and really enjoying it
  • Image Image Image ImageImage
User avatar
Bikejoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4264
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Image
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Tried out RDR2. I don't mind it, but boy is there a lot of busy work. I've set it aside for now til I can actually focus on it.

Instead, jumped into Fallout 76 in between going through Celeste again (GOTY, easily). Fallout 76 is messy, the server connection breaks every five minutes. But, for some reason, it's exactly what I need. It's silly, stupid, but fun. Yeah, the lack of NPC's feels awkward and stilted, and really changes how the world feels, but for me, it also makes it a heck of a lot easier to deal with. Taking all the NPC's away makes it feel less stressful. There's less things I feel I need to do. Not perfect by any means, but a good distraction for fifteen hours or so.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Really enjoying Fallout 76. Have gotten quite lost in the world, which is nice. Have found that the people I've encountered are less likely to attack than I expected.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
Posts: 6573
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 am

i want to do fallout 76 but i can't stop playing rdr2. A game hasn't kept my attention for this long for quite some time now.
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5387
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:38 pm

DonPiano wrote:Really enjoying Fallout 76. Have gotten quite lost in the world, which is nice. Have found that the people I've encountered are less likely to attack than I expected.
this is literally the only positive word ive read about the game
  • Image Image Image ImageImage
Post Reply