Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:10 pm

bluebirdsong wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:you guys don't do midnight drops?
No need when most games are available digital and you can pre-load them on steam, xbox, or ps4.
No thanks, can't put those fancy digital copies on ebay when i'm done.
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5457
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:23 pm

or when your internet is trash.
I downloaded BF1 to get it early, was 67GB. took me like 3 full days with my ps4 on the entire time to download that. internet is very slow here
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12967
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:29 am

mobius006 wrote:I'd advise everyone to watch the FFXV anime episodes for some backstory on each main character. About an hour total for all 5.
Need to stress this. Game throws you into it fast.

Enjoying it so far.
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2122
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:48 am

mobius006 wrote:
mobius006 wrote:I'd advise everyone to watch the FFXV anime episodes for some backstory on each main character. About an hour total for all 5.
Need to stress this. Game throws you into it fast.

Enjoying it so far.
Kind of reminding me of Final Fantasy 12 after the first few hours. Huge world, big emphasis on bounties, enemies and team members all present directly on the map, etc.
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:43 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:Kind of reminding me of Final Fantasy 12 after the first few hours. Huge world, big emphasis on bounties, enemies and team members all present directly on the map, etc.
Best endorsement I've read so far. Right after Dishonored 2, ffxv is next.
(wotta you enjoying DH2 yet?)
User avatar
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:46 am
Location: Hell

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
bluebirdsong wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:you guys don't do midnight drops?
No need when most games are available digital and you can pre-load them on steam, xbox, or ps4.
No thanks, can't put those fancy digital copies on ebay when i'm done.
Facts :clap:
User avatar
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:46 am
Location: Hell

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:33 pm

wottagunn wrote:or when your internet is trash.
I downloaded BF1 to get it early, was 67GB. took me like 3 full days with my ps4 on the entire time to download that. internet is very slow here
That sounds rough, I couldn't imagine; gotta love fiber.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7068
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Just now getting into Overwatch. Fun times.
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5457
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Kind of reminding me of Final Fantasy 12 after the first few hours. Huge world, big emphasis on bounties, enemies and team members all present directly on the map, etc.
Best endorsement I've read so far. Right after Dishonored 2, ffxv is next.
(wotta you enjoying DH2 yet?)
yes, enjoying it now. Immediately got better once I got my powers back. Blink is just so much fun.
User avatar
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:46 am
Location: Hell

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:39 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Just now getting into Overwatch. Fun times.
Nice! Master race or console?
User avatar
Bikejoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4264
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:59 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Just now getting into Overwatch. Fun times.
Favorite hero?
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7068
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Playing on PS4. Enjoy 76 and Bastion ATM.
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7826
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 am

New trailer for Kojima's Death Stranding! Looks weird as hell, but with the addition of Guillermo del Tor and Mads Mikkelsen, I'm in.
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12967
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:46 am

Image
User avatar
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:22 am

wonkabars7 wrote:Playing on PS4. Enjoy 76 and Bastion ATM.
solid choices for starting out
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
Post Reply