Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:27 pm

I think I'm enjoying it because of the lack of things to do in it. It's very calm and easy to move around. Best comparison is that it's like a walking simulator, except you can shoot things. This will likely upset a lot of Fallout faithfuls no doubt, but I like it!

Certainly a lot more than I've enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 which has felt like work every time I turn it on. Visually stunning, mechanically great, and narratively very interesting - just, exhausting stuff to remember what to do all the time.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 pm

DonPiano wrote:I think I'm enjoying it because of the lack of things to do in it. It's very calm and easy to move around. Best comparison is that it's like a walking simulator, except you can shoot things. This will likely upset a lot of Fallout faithfuls no doubt, but I like it!

Certainly a lot more than I've enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 which has felt like work every time I turn it on. Visually stunning, mechanically great, and narratively very interesting - just, exhausting stuff to remember what to do all the time.
exactly my thoughts in regards to rdr2.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 pm

I think the other aspect of Fallout 76 that I've enjoyed is when I play it with a friend. Spent a good six hours playing it the other night with him, and loved it. Best part was when we spent a good two hours trying to take out a group of super mutants, and when I managed to figure out how to throw a molotov and ended up accidentally killing us as it hit a wall and burnt us to death. Good fun.
The Curb

ToonKiller
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:37 am

Walking simulator lulz
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:57 pm

hitman 2 is good. Buy hitman 2
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 am

Anyone know the best way to get original Starcraft (or diablo 1 & 2) to run? I have a mac book but at this point I am not against buying an old laptop just to get my game on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as its been years since i played em. Also trying to run the Rebellion AvP FPS which was way ahead of its time.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 am

SPAC04 wrote:Anyone know the best way to get original Starcraft (or diablo 1 & 2) to run? I have a mac book but at this point I am not against buying an old laptop just to get my game on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as its been years since i played em. Also trying to run the Rebellion AvP FPS which was way ahead of its time.
Didnt Blizzard remaster the original starcraft?
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:57 pm

from what I've read that is the free one that is available. I think i am just having compatibility issues with my broke ass comp. Been trying to play those gaimes forever.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:21 am

You should all get Ape Out. It's a superb game.
The Curb

iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:50 am

Been playing a lot of Sekiro this past week. I’m pretty awful at it, but am making (really) slow progress, and loving it so far.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:02 am

Sorted out Starcraft 1 and 2. re ran through campaigns, all a great as i remember them being. The perfect RTS imo.

Also Battlefield 5 is awesome. Firestorm mode is great and i am not typically huge on shooter royales.
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:48 pm

DonPiano wrote:You should all get Ape Out. It's a superb game.
Ape Out and Baba is You, killing me on the Switch

wottagunn
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:28 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:Been playing a lot of Sekiro this past week. I’m pretty awful at it, but am making (really) slow progress, and loving it so far.
Loving here too! Quite difficult though, and I've been a souls player for ever. Even had Demon's Souls when it only had a Japanese release, and I don't speak any Japanese. That was tough.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:53 pm

wottagunn wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Been playing a lot of Sekiro this past week. I’m pretty awful at it, but am making (really) slow progress, and loving it so far.
Loving here too! Quite difficult though, and I've been a souls player for ever. Even had Demon's Souls when it only had a Japanese release, and I don't speak any Japanese. That was tough.
lol - yeah, demon’s souls was opaque as hell even in English.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:04 pm

Buying Sekiro tonight and FF7 on switch. :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.