Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:23 pm

wottagunn wrote:anyone else on Destiny 2?

I'm enjoying it even though it is exactly the same as the 1st. Have done both nightfalls with 5 mins left and most other challenges, but last night me and 5 mates tried the Raid. drymount me, it is tough. We were on for about 3 hours, maybe a little more, and couldn't get past part 3 of 8. We are all sitting around light level 280 too.
Most of that time was figuring out how to actually move forward, but even then once we figured it out we still couldn't do it. Pretty tough.
I'm on . . . never did any Raids on the first game because I just couldn't commit the time . . . would like to eventually try on this time around, but right not I'm only level 12. Need to spend more time with it.

Like you said, just like the first game, but I'm still enjoying it - the grind to level up seems much easier. Also find myself being much more competitive in the Crucible than I was in 1. Maybe that's because I've improved, but just seems more balanced in general.
Jasper73
Art Expert

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm playing crusible level right now! Raid ready soon.
ImageT.K.C.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:20 pm

the raid is ridiculous
my crew are all power level 280+ and so far we've spent about 6 hours total in the raid, and havent even beaten the second challenge! its tough
Creation88
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:56 pm

getting back into games little by little...but with retro games i played when i was younger and never beat or games i really enjoyed. I recently bought a N64 with WWF No Mercy, Blast Corps (so fun), Mario Kart, and WCW/NWO Revenge.

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations on great side scrollers or games like TMNT Arcade game (smash em up button masher with other players) thinking like Ultimate Alliance. Thanks.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Creation88 wrote:getting back into games little by little...but with retro games i played when i was younger and never beat or games i really enjoyed. I recently bought a N64 with WWF No Mercy, Blast Corps (so fun), Mario Kart, and WCW/NWO Revenge.

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations on great side scrollers or games like TMNT Arcade game (smash em up button masher with other players) thinking like Ultimate Alliance. Thanks.
Any systems in particular you are looking for?

a great arcade game is Sunset Riders, and Xmen and TMNT Turtles in Time....Simpsons...WW Cowboys of Moo Mesa...

and damn straight, blast corps is AMAZING. loved that damn game on N64. Same with Paper Mario. and Goldeneye of course lol.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
SmokinJay
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:00 am

Alright guys, I finally got around to ordering a switch and am picking it up today. Do y'all have any suggestions as far as accessories (screen protector, pro game pad, etc.) or games other than Zelda and Mario kart? I generally prefer single player/rpg style games.
Creation88
Art Expert

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:23 am

starkdesign wrote:
Creation88 wrote:getting back into games little by little...but with retro games i played when i was younger and never beat or games i really enjoyed. I recently bought a N64 with WWF No Mercy, Blast Corps (so fun), Mario Kart, and WCW/NWO Revenge.

a great arcade game is Sunset Riders, and Xmen and TMNT Turtles in Time....Simpsons...WW Cowboys of Moo Mesa...

and damn straight, blast corps is AMAZING. loved that damn game on N64. Same with Paper Mario. and Goldeneye of course lol.
loved Sunset Riders, TMNT, Simpsons. i didn't know there was a Moo Mesa game! loved that show. now i gotta track it down.
I'm mostly looking for newer games done in this button mashing genre or side scrollers like Rayman.

I have a N64, Wii, PS3, and PS4.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:10 am

Creation88 wrote:
starkdesign wrote:

loved Sunset Riders, TMNT, Simpsons. i didn't know there was a Moo Mesa game! loved that show. now i gotta track it down.
I'm mostly looking for newer games done in this button mashing genre or side scrollers like Rayman.

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:42 am

Gotta revisit super mario 64 if you didn't in 1996. I honestly think it's the best game ever made.

Star Fox 64, Jet Force Gemini, Rogue Squadron.. beat em up side scrollers don't get much better than Simpsons & turtles in time.
Creation88
Art Expert

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Gotta revisit super mario 64 if you didn't in 1996. I honestly think it's the best game ever made.

Star Fox 64, Jet Force Gemini, Rogue Squadron.. beat em up side scrollers don't get much better than Simpsons & turtles in time.
yeah i gotta double back to it. i beat it a couple times as a kid but it's worth playing again. it was amazing at the time i'm sure it holds up.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Creation88 wrote:
Bikejoh wrote:Gotta revisit super mario 64 if you didn't in 1996. I honestly think it's the best game ever made.

yeah i gotta double back to it. i beat it a couple times as a kid but it's worth playing again. it was amazing at the time i'm sure it holds up.
I remember getting sick with "nintendoitis" in 9th grade when that came out. Took a few days for that to clear up...

then played thru it again on the NintendoDS. couldn't believe they got that game into a HANDHELD lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Word on the street is that SNES Classics are dropping on people's doorsteps now from BestBuy orders...anyone got theirs yet? (mine shipped but no estimated arrival yet)
agr719
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:44 am

My Target order shipped yesterday, and the delivery date changed from "by Friday Sept 29" to "by Wednesday Oct 4" :? :roll:
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 am

starkdesign wrote:Word on the street is that SNES Classics are dropping on people's doorsteps now from BestBuy orders...anyone got theirs yet? (mine shipped but no estimated arrival yet)
Just checked my UPS tracking, OUT FOR DELIVERY WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:02 am

Creation88 wrote:
starkdesign wrote:

Guacamelee on PS is a really fun side-scroller - sort of old school, with great graphics.