Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:10 pm

markenglert wrote:So, Ori and the Blind Forest is pretty drymounting spectacular...
Yes, yes it is. Worth every bit of that $19.99

Anybody play or plan to pick up Bloodborne?
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Yep, ill be picking up bloodborne today after work.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:30 pm

wottagunn wrote:Yep, ill be picking up bloodborne today after work.
What you think of Hardline?
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 pm

ajmmck wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Yep, ill be picking up bloodborne today after work.
What you think of Hardline?
Since launch (last Thursday?) til Monday, I was able to join less than 10 games online. I kept getting an error “you have lost connection to the session”. Every drymounting time, no matter what game type, server, quick match etc.
Really annoying when id be in a squad with some mates, and they’d all get in but I would be declined.

But that fixed itself on Monday night. I’ve played a few games since.
I enjoy it, but I miss some of the stuff that made other BF games so good – the tanks, rockets, C4, mines etc. And sniping was better in previous games.
I think limiting the gun options to 4 or so each class is pretty shitty, and the fact that you have to purchase them twice, one for each faction, is dumb. The game is far most fast paced and I don’t prefer that. Seems like close quarters is the way to go in this one, but I liked playing all classes in previous games. This one, long range is almost useless.

On the positive side, I like the whole cops vs robbers thing, it works well. The new game modes are great (NO RUSH SUCKS THOUGH!).
It still feels and plays like a Battlefield game, so its definitely fun and enjoyable, but its not what it could be.
Overall it’s a great game and as expected, but I hope the next one in the series returns to what makes Battlefield games what they are.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:54 pm

WalterSobchak wrote:Any thoughts on the GTA Heists? Whenever I play someone always dies via the team. Ugh
I'm addicted to GTA V -- just reached 100% this weekend -- but don't know crap about online gaming. I have literally never played a video game online (with strangers, we had private CounterStrike servers back in the day). How much is it to play that online? Do I just need some upgraded PSN account, or do I also pay a subscription to Rockstar? And since I know literally no other people playing that game, can I just log in and walk into a server (not sure how that works) and be like, yo I'll join you on this job, or do I need to be in some kind of established crew, the way something like a WoW has you join a guild? Like, what if all these other troublemakers are all, no way NARC, drymount off. Then what, I just run around Online the way I run around single player, and pay a premium for it?

I'm old.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
aradwanski
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:05 pm

I know, kind of random but I've got a Xbox 360 with tons of games, etc.. That I'm looking to try and trade for a wiiU. Anybody know of places where people do stuff like this besides craigslist?
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:08 pm

aradwanski wrote:I know, kind of random but I've got a Xbox 360 with tons of games, etc.. That I'm looking to try and trade for a wiiU. Anybody know of places where people do stuff like this besides craigslist?
GameStop?
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:16 pm

mistersmith wrote:
WalterSobchak wrote:Any thoughts on the GTA Heists? Whenever I play someone always dies via the team. Ugh
I'm addicted to GTA V -- just reached 100% this weekend -- but don't know crap about online gaming. I have literally never played a video game online (with strangers, we had private CounterStrike servers back in the day). How much is it to play that online? Do I just need some upgraded PSN account, or do I also pay a subscription to Rockstar? And since I know literally no other people playing that game, can I just log in and walk into a server (not sure how that works) and be like, yo I'll join you on this job, or do I need to be in some kind of established crew, the way something like a WoW has you join a guild? Like, what if all these other troublemakers are all, no way NARC, drymount off. Then what, I just run around Online the way I run around single player, and pay a premium for it?

I'm old.
I don’t know about how GTA work because I didn’t play it online, but with 95% of games (for playstation) you just make a PS account and purchase a subscription to PS+. It’s $70 here for the year, so probably $20 in the US. It used to be free.
But anyway, with most games (shooters etc) you can join random games/servers, or you can party up with friends and go in as a group. It depends entirely on the game.
Some companies will want you to create an account with their system. Ubisoft has the “U-Play” bullshit. I never sign up for it and just skip it every time. There may be a company out there that forces you to make an account with them, but for most of the time that is not the case.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:26 pm

$50 for a year of PS Plus here in the U.S. You can often find sales for $40-$45 too.
aradwanski
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:00 pm

mistersmith wrote:
aradwanski wrote:I know, kind of random but I've got a Xbox 360 with tons of games, etc.. That I'm looking to try and trade for a wiiU. Anybody know of places where people do stuff like this besides craigslist?
GameStop?
I'll probably be lucky to get $20 there, place always seems like suck a rip off whenever I stop in there
bmd1191
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:19 am

Picked up Bloodborne yesterday and it is kicking my ass. I can't even make it to the first boss after repeated attempts. I guess I just have to keep trying and become better. Definitely a frustrating game.

Graphics are great. There is some framerate stutter that happens quite frequently, so hopefully they fix it. And the biggest problem I have with the game right now is the loading screen after you die and you are waiting to respawn. You're sitting there for a minute or two just waiting to be able to play and it is super annoying. Anyway game is good so far.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:26 am

Thanks for the pointers. Think Metal Gear and Skyrim are on my list just afraid of how much time Skyrim will suck from my days use.
Every morning I awake as someone else.
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:54 am

WalterSobchak wrote:Thanks for the pointers. Think Metal Gear and Skyrim are on my list just afraid of how much time Skyrim will suck from my days use.
Skyrim's next on my list after I finish up Ass Creed: Unity :) Picked up the Legendary Edition from Best Buy a while ago with all the DLC packs, but haven't cracked it open yet.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:26 pm

bmd1191 wrote:Picked up Bloodborne yesterday and it is kicking my ass. I can't even make it to the first boss after repeated attempts. I guess I just have to keep trying and become better. Definitely a frustrating game.

Graphics are great. There is some framerate stutter that happens quite frequently, so hopefully they fix it. And the biggest problem I have with the game right now is the loading screen after you die and you are waiting to respawn. You're sitting there for a minute or two just waiting to be able to play and it is super annoying. Anyway game is good so far.
Yeah, the load time is a pain. Sony and From have said that they're working on a patch to improve, but who knows how much, or when it's coming.

Both loving Bloodborne and getting my ass repeatedly handed to me by Bloodborne after about 2 hours of play. I just hear "git gud" in my head a lot as I'm playing - I played a run in DS that was mostly done without a shield so it's not totally alien, but the style of play demanded so far is a lot more aggressive than I'm used to - which I appreciate, as it's kind of like playing DeS for the first time again, as I can already feel the game training me to play it the way it wants me to. Can't wait to get back to it.
kyle
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:51 pm

new game out today called Etherium, looks like some folks got tired of waiting for StarCraft 3 and just made their own.

it has potential, anyone else heard about it ? http://store.steampowered.com/app/245370/

http://www.twitch.tv/focushomeinteractive/v/3946619
Last edited by kyle on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.