Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:50 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Buying Sekiro tonight and FF7 on switch. :pint:
Definitely want to hear your thoughts on Sekiro.

I played through FFVII twice when it came out, and am an unabashed FF fanboy (I will actually defend the XIII trilogy) - but FFVII has not aged well at all and is an absolute grind.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:16 pm

Where you up to in sekiro mate?
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:46 pm

wottagunn wrote:Where you up to in sekiro mate?
Still not far at all, can only put about an hour a night into it as of now, and even skipped two nights for a concert/movie. Through the Hirata memory and just got past the big ass snake.

You? Plugging along?
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:18 pm

mobius006 wrote:
DonPiano wrote:You should all get Ape Out. It's a superb game.
Ape Out and Baba is You, killing me on the Switch

I need to get Baba is You, but yeah... Ape Out. Fan-drymounting-tastic. Just joyous fun. I wish there were a score mode or something like that, but what is there is great. Perfect handheld game.

Finished Minit yesterday. Good, but a little tedious at times. I feel the narrative is a little too loose to hang a concept on. I enjoyed it, but when it finished I couldn't help but feel... that's it?
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:53 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Where you up to in sekiro mate?
Still not far at all, can only put about an hour a night into it as of now, and even skipped two nights for a concert/movie. Through the Hirata memory and just got past the big ass snake.

You? Plugging along?
yeah im getting there
I killed 2 main bosses, and then hit a wall about a week ago. Couldn't kill anyone.
Have proceeded quite a ways now though. In order to not spoil anything, my Vitality is 16 and my Attack Power is 7.
Radsack79
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am

For fans of Left For Dead, would highly recommend picking up World War Z. If you can at least get one other human player in the squad, its a really good time.
Deserves got nothing to do with it.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:58 am

Finally beat Sekiro last night, man that game beat the fudge out of me. My main complaint - and it is completely driven by the fact that I’m honestly not that good at these games - is that the difficulty at the end of the game limited my willingness to extensively explore, coupled with the fact that I had at least a few instances where I had to pull up walkthroughs to figure out where the hell I was supposed to go. I loved how open everything was, but at the same time the game felt even more opaque than the Souls games as to what it wanted me to do at times.

All that said, it really is an awesome game, though I doubt I’ll revisit it in the same way I revisit Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:53 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed it mate.

Me, i didnt want it to end. I loved how Ashina Castle completely changed on the third visit there, to find stronger enemies everywhere. I completely explored every place and wished there was more to do.
I found the difficulty very manageable. There was one point in the game, basically from the first Genichiro fight to the Great Ape fight, where I thought I was "stuck". I just couldn't beat these guys, and the Snake Eyes mini-bosses.
But once I got through them I coasted through the rest.

My one complaint is the re-use of enemies. 3 ogres?! really? and headless and schichmen warriors. They're all easy so why not just create other kinds? ah well, thats only minor.

Im doing NG+ now and enjoying it a lot, as I feel ive mastered the combat.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 am

wottagunn wrote:Glad to hear you enjoyed it mate.

Me, i didnt want it to end. I loved how Ashina Castle completely changed on the third visit there, to find stronger enemies everywhere. I completely explored every place and wished there was more to do.
I found the difficulty very manageable. There was one point in the game, basically from the first Genichiro fight to the Great Ape fight, where I thought I was "stuck". I just couldn't beat these guys, and the Snake Eyes mini-bosses.
But once I got through them I coasted through the rest.

My one complaint is the re-use of enemies. 3 ogres?! really? and headless and schichmen warriors. They're all easy so why not just create other kinds? ah well, thats only minor.

Im doing NG+ now and enjoying it a lot, as I feel ive mastered the combat.
Yeah, I find that for some people the combat in these games just sort of clicks for them, where it really never does for me. Years ago I was running a SL80 dex build on the initial Dark Souls and was able to play it really well, but that was the last time I really felt in sync with the games. I tend to struggle through them, and - Sekiro excepting just due to progression system - tend to have to grind levels to get strong enough to muddle through the games. Which is fine, I love the Soulsborne games more that any other games over the past 15 years, I just admittedly am not that good at them.

When I hit a wall in Sekiro I took like a week off and went back to Dark Souls 3 and finished up an abandoned playthrough, so that was fun. Now I've booted up the Dark Souls remaster and am playing through it. Probably will do another run of Bloodborne as well after that.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:09 am

I've been attempting to play Baba is You, but I think I'm a little dim to fully comprehend the puzzles. I don't particularly enjoy this kind of puzzle game, but I appreciate the complexity of it.

Also, buy Untitled Goose Game.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:13 pm

wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:34 am

Is cuphead worth it? Read its pretty hard...
Radsack79
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:51 am

It's like Dark Souls on adderall
Deserves got nothing to do with it.
p1pp1n
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:36 pm

It's worth it. As long as you're the type of person that can refrain from anger when you die. If you understand that's the way the game is meant to be played, you'll be fine. The gratification will stick with you for quite a while. I suggest doing it couch co-op style though, so you and your buddy can "ressurect" each other.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Anyone playing Mario Kart Tour for mobile? I need to add 2 more friends to get a badge, hit me up!