Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:23 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:SUPER MARIO RUN BUMP
It's fun, I got all the coins in the first 3 levels but still haven't bought the game..
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:31 pm

5649-0843-2369 - Mario Run friend code.
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:09 am

NES Classic is loads of fun! Love the display modes. I've got an extra for sale if anyone wants. Not for cost but cheaper then eBay.
MarshMan65
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Finally finished my first ever Souls Franchisee play-through. I always give up half-way through. Bloodborn is up next.
Mondo Drops Are Built On Hope.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:28 am

Finished the new DOOM today, best game I've played in a LONG time. The campaign gets a perfect 10/10 from me, level design, enemies, story, weapons, action, dialogue, flow, everything was fantastic. They heavily referenced the original DOOM games when designing and it definitely shows. No annoying dramatic story to get in the way, no stupid characters you don't care about. People play DOOM to kill demons

This documentary is what made me give it a shot, really well done. Can't wait for Quake Champions also by id
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:09 am

Bikejoh wrote:Finished the new DOOM today, best game I've played in a LONG time. The campaign gets a perfect 10/10 from me, level design, enemies, story, weapons, action, dialogue, flow, everything was fantastic. They heavily referenced the original DOOM games when designing and it definitely shows. No annoying dramatic story to get in the way, no stupid characters you don't care about. People play DOOM to kill demons

This documentary is what made me give it a shot, really well done. Can't wait for Quake Champions also by id
DOOM is everything you want it to be, drymounting fantastic game.

My only knock is half way through gameplay you have to bump the difficulty because your weapon upgrades quickly outcurve any enemy threat. Also if you fully upgrade the grenade launcher for the shotgun (your starting gun) you will rarely find yourself needing to switch to other weapons. I ended up having a stack of weapons I never used and upgrading them just to burn through points.

Special shoutout to the music, it is all the heavy metal you need when killing the legions of Hell yet manages to not be grating during long session.

Great way to come home and unwind!
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:54 am

So much fun! I blasted through it and now I am switching between Battlefield 1 (which is the most fun I've had playing a FPS in years), Skyrim (insanely long and awesome as expected) and FFXV (great so far... I'm a huge sucker for all the FF games and FFVIII might be my favorite game of all time).
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Yeah, I did stop hunting so much for weapon/suit points a little over halfway. Definitely only used a handful of the weapon mods. Probably ended with around 40-50 weapon upgrade points and like 15 suit tokens, played on ultraviolence. Shotgun grenade mod was my go-to for most of the game.

That mobile turret mod for the chain gun + infinite ammo while over 75 armor made the last few levels fun as fudge. Ripped everything to shreds
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Im still playing BF1, dotted with a bit of Last Guardian.
If anyone here is on ps4 and wants to get in on some BF1 feel free to add me. Ive never played on a US server though so lag could be an issue. Not sure

Had a mental Operations round last night. All kills on foot

63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Damn... I have XB1 or I would rip Battlefield
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:05 pm

I am sucked into hearthstone atm

so much from my poster money
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:17 pm

What class wottagunn?
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:34 pm

My top two are assault and scout.

Basically I go with this:
Any game mode on Amiens and Argon Forrest - assault. I used to use the 10-A Hunter but since the nerf its not that great. Go with the Automatico Storm (that’s what I used to get those 92 kills), and have dynamite and anti-tank grenades. The automatico is great for hipfire, so on those small maps where people spam gas, you just whack on the mask and go nuts.
For those medium-ish ranges, and attacking, ill go Assault and use the Hellriegel or, since the latest patch, go Support and use the BAR Storm. That thing tears it up!

All of the larger maps, and especially when defending, ill use mainly the Gewher 98 Sniper, or the Martini if I want to be aggressive. The Martini is pretty rubbish now though since the nerf, which is a shame.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Automatico is a beast, BAR is probably the best in the game. I still use the Hunter a lot, didn't even realize they nerfed it.. :lol:
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:29 pm

pity support sucks otherwise
i cant believe they nerfed the martini. No sights, really slow bullet speed, slow reload and has to reload after every shot. Thats enough of a balance.
most people cant play as an aggressive sniper and be really accurate, so the Martini only appealed to a small percentage of players.
ah well