Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Sun May 22, 2016 8:35 pm

Overwatch comes out on Tuesday, and the hype train is rolling.. This is the first new IP Blizzard has released in 17 years, their first FPS EVER, and it's drymounting incredible. 9.7 million people played the beta. if you're a fan of Blizzard, Team Fortress 2, arena shooters, class-based FPS, objective-heavy team FPS, you really need to check it out. The game is seriously impressive and Blizz did an AMAZING job. They perfected the TF2 formula, imo.

Here's a really well done video series about the development story, ton of insight from Jeff Kaplan and Chris Metzen. Second part is my favorite, you'll love it if you played games like Quake, TFC, HL:DM, Counter Strike, etc.

If you're on the fence about Overwatch, you'll have made up your mind after watching these.
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed May 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Overwatch looks like fun, and I like the fact that there are seemingly not too many 'microtransactions' that they try and force upon you. I might wait til it drops to around $30 and then pick it up for PS4.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2016 4:11 pm

RiotAct wrote:Overwatch looks like fun, and I like the fact that there are seemingly not too many 'microtransactions' that they try and force upon you. I might wait til it drops to around $30 and then pick it up for PS4.
I thought about waiting, too. But since it's multiplayer only, I think by that time you'll have a lot of catching up to do regarding tactics and map layouts. It's gonna be tough enough jumping in with all the beta guys who have already been playing for months. Plus, if you wait too long it might be dead cuz everyone's moved on.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2016 4:25 pm

The matchmaking system is very good, you'll get matched up with teams at your skill level pretty consistently. However, matching up with randoms and playing with your friends is a completely different game, and is seriously a blast when you have someone to coordinate with. The only microtransactions in the game are additional loot boxes that you get for free every time you level up. These contain random skins, sprays, icons, and/or digital currency that you can use to buy any of the above.

If TF2 is still alive and well nearly 10 years down the road, you can assume that Overwatch will at least live through the rest of the year. There's so much to the gameplay that you never stop learning and getting better.

Here's my playtime since launch. I'll be honest, the only hero I feel I'm TRULY "good" at is Pharah. I can get kills and play the objective as the other characters, but I still haven't learned exactly how to play them and where they fit into a team. I like Pharah because I played Soldier in TF2, where he has 4 rockets at a time, you reload one at a time, and can rocket jump from place to place while taking damage each time. Pharah has a jetpack, 6 rockets that all reload at once, and a skill with a cooldown of ~7 seconds that will launch you into the air and requires no self damage, where you can then hover using the jetpack for around 6 seconds, only needing to land until that skill is recharged. TF2 soldier on roids.

Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2016 4:30 pm

You really need to play a few games with each hero to figure out the game as a whole. When you go up against a hero you've never played, you don't know their strengths or weaknesses and won't know how to fight them. That's literally the only "learning curve" of the entire game, the map design is GENIUS and everything flows so well that you'll pick it up in no time.
Nicodemus317
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 26, 2016 2:48 pm

So.....you like the game? :D
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Just want people to give it a shot, it's a very good game
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Just finished uncharted 4 and my god what a fantastical game naughty dog created. Thought the story was going to be eh because Amy hennig left but Neil and Bruce and everyone knocked it out again big papi style. Really going to miss Nathan drake and co.

Looking forward to the dlc.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2016 8:21 pm

Aparedez89 wrote:Just finished uncharted 4 and my god what a fantastical game naughty dog created. Thought the story was going to be eh because Amy hennig left but Neil and Bruce and everyone knocked it out again big papi style. Really going to miss Nathan drake and co.

My only complaint after thinking about it for the past few days, is that I wish it was more "open". Same thing with the other Uncharted games. Naughty Dogs creates some amazing environments, but it's just too "on rails." I wish you could do a little exploring and have it be more open world. Yes...I realize it's supposed to be cinematic. Not really knocking it. It's one of my favorite series ever. I would love an open world Uncharted from Naughty Dog.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu May 26, 2016 9:33 pm

ChrisV wrote:
Aparedez89 wrote:Just finished uncharted 4 and my god what a fantastical game naughty dog created. Thought the story was going to be eh because Amy hennig left but Neil and Bruce and everyone knocked it out again big papi style. Really going to miss Nathan drake and co.

My only complaint after thinking about it for the past few days, is that I wish it was more "open". Same thing with the other Uncharted games. Naughty Dogs creates some amazing environments, but it's just too "on rails." I wish you could do a little exploring and have it be more open world. Yes...I realize it's supposed to be cinematic. Not really knocking it. It's one of my favorite series ever. I would love an open world Uncharted from Naughty Dog.

After renting it for a night, I won't purchase for this reason alone. Maybe never playing it again. I also don't enjoy the cinematic games and/or skip every movie scene possible. With that said, the graphics, physics, motion, etc was some of the best i've seen.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Uncharted 4 is a snack between DS3 and Overwatch. Sometimes I appreciate a game more when it doesn't overstay its welcome.
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Fri May 27, 2016 12:55 am

sidewaysscott wrote:
ChrisV wrote:

After renting it for a night, I won't purchase for this reason alone. Maybe never playing it again. I also don't enjoy the cinematic games and/or skip every movie scene possible. With that said, the graphics, physics, motion, etc was some of the best i've seen.
Oh don't get me wrong I wish it was open world with every little detail they put in everything from lightening to the rocks. And I mostly love open world RPGs.

What r some of the past games u enjoyed Scott?

I can't wait for the last dlc for the witcher 3.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Fri May 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Anyone play console (PS4) on a gaming monitor? I'm thinking about buying a BenQ RL2755HM 27 inch Console Gaming Monitor. 90% of the games I play are FPS. Worth the investment or just stick to a TV?
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri May 27, 2016 10:35 pm

I know I'm ridiculous but I'm having way more fun with Doom than I was having with Uncharted.
jools
Art Expert

Sat May 28, 2016 10:28 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:I know I'm ridiculous but I'm having way more fun with Doom than I was having with Uncharted.
this guy gets it :lol: :pint:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html