Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:11 pm

binky79 wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:
wottagunn wrote:All lukewarm reviews are by SW nerds that are upset the game does not have a campaign mode.
All online shooters are repetitive, really. This one though is one of the best ive played in a long time. I say get it.
Thanks! I think I will buy it now. But I am not going to get the season pass just yet though. Awfully steep at $50.
I'm still kicking myself for buying it. Its more than just "no campaign mode" that drags it down. The team-matching is horrible, the credits-to-upgrade system is pretty lame, especially since they included the most over-powered gun in the game with the deluxe preorder. Didnt get the deluxe preorder? Well you can get the gun at level 25, which takes a really long time with their bad team-matching system. I'll be doing more homework before buying games from now on (especially from Dice/EA) so hopefully I've learned my lesson. I'm only still playing it because I refuse to let the money go to waste. And I know when I buy another game there is almost no way this one will ever make its way back onto the machine.

EDIT: Not to be all negative, I will say the game looks and feels great, and when you DO get the overpowered gun and matched up on a semi-decent team it is a pretty cool experience. And because Star Wars.

I'm mostly sour because of the cost, if it was a $30 game I'd be far less critical.
Id have to disagree with most of this.
Yes the last gun is the best (kind of what you’d expect with a shooter) but its balanced because the two guns you start with are better than every other unlock (other than the final). And I reached rank 25 yesterday, and it didn’t take long at all. I haven’t even played all of the game modes yet.
I’ve never had an issue with match-making either. Walker Assault for instance can go either way with every game. Rarely are the matches one sided.

And that overpowered gun – it’s a pistol. Completely useless on the 40p modes.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:01 pm

I hit level 31 last night and haven't used anything but the main blaster. Loving the game, but don't see much longevity out of it. Hopefully the expansions will be nice..but with 20 hours in the game, there isn't anything I haven't done yet. :neutral:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:48 am

East of Swan's Pond, almost to the coast, you'll find the Shamrock Taphouse. It's very easy to clear, but the greatest thing I've seen so far is in the basement. Man I wanna spoil it so bad.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:02 am

downforcemedia wrote:
FrankBooth wrote:Been hitting the Steam sales enough. Just upgraded my 5 1/2 year old build some and one part was to up my main game storage to a 500gb SSD.

Most recent pickup was the Metro redux Bundle (2033 & Last Light) From what I understand, this will not make you a fan of spiders or swimming.
Great game bundle. Man, I got some good ones on the Steam sale. Phantom Pain, Far Cry 4 and Wild Hunt. Wild Hunt is a particularly good deal right now at $29.99.
Trying to decide on Phantom Pain before I go to Sleep and the sale ends, the Hitman bundle is a nice deal too. Hearing good stuff about the latest Wolfenstein, may snag that.

New 27" 2K main monitor should make playing a bit nicer.

The redux on 2033 looks great! Can't wait to get to Last Light.

DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:17 am

Anybody play Lara Croft Go? There's a new update for it which adds some really bloody hard levels. Well worth it.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:00 am

DonPiano wrote:Anybody play Lara Croft Go? There's a new update for it which adds some really bloody hard levels. Well worth it.
Yes! and thanks for the heads up
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:40 pm

ColonelCash wrote:Rocket League is now $14 on PSN. Anyone here play it?
Got Rocket League for $10 with PS+ and the 10% discount code. Will be playing tonight. PSN: ColonelCash
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Picked it up on the Steam sale and don't know why I find it so addicting.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:04 pm

FrankBooth wrote:Picked it up on the Steam sale and don't know why I find it so addicting.
Games with high skill ceilings tend to hook me like crazy.

The physics engine in Rocket League is so good, there's so much room for improvement. For example, when you master hitting the ball at the peak of your jump and getting it before everyone else, you find you can hit it even sooner if you use your boost to fly and get even more height.

Here's just how good you can get..
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:06 pm

I really wish they'd add steam workshop support with some map-building tools. A flight-based obstacle course would be insane..

Can't wait for the Chaos DLC, sort of Mad Max-esque.
Mjoconn

Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Lol ISO goldeneye
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Origin is offering Jade Empire: Special Edition for free right now. Great game!
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
binky79
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:15 pm

wottagunn wrote:Id have to disagree with most of this.
Yes the last gun is the best (kind of what you’d expect with a shooter) but its balanced because the two guns you start with are better than every other unlock (other than the final). And I reached rank 25 yesterday, and it didn’t take long at all. I haven’t even played all of the game modes yet.
I’ve never had an issue with match-making either. Walker Assault for instance can go either way with every game. Rarely are the matches one sided.

And that overpowered gun – it’s a pistol. Completely useless on the 40p modes.
Maybe location makes a big difference but the matches on whatever server I'm playing on are typically VERY one-sided. And its infuriating to be playing in HUGE 40p matches and +75% of your deaths are to only 2-3 of the opposing players. Oddly, it probably wouldnt be so bad if they didnt tell me who killed me, or how insanely imbalanced the teams were at the end of the match.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:East of Swan's Pond, almost to the coast, you'll find the Shamrock Taphouse. It's very easy to clear, but the greatest thing I've seen so far is in the basement. Man I wanna spoil it so bad.
the robot?
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:27 am

Should I have kept that robot for myself?