Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:20 pm

And here I was debating about selling my rig. I really was feeling battlefront when the trailers came out months ago. Now, I just can't really stomach buying yet another game I know I'll play for a few hours and never touch again (ahem, BF:H).
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:I just fought a Legendary Putrid Glowing One. I'm not gonna lie, I panicked a bit. I panicked even more when a vats shotgun crit headshot only took about 1/8 of his hp. That was a hard kill.
Just wait 'til you fight the Queen Mirelurk in The Castle during the minuteman quest line.
Oof. Dat bitch. :hanging:
Something to look forward to. I freakin hate mirelurks so much. Ran into a random encounter with a guy who asked me to fix his turrets. Ended up massacring loads of mirelurks. Gleefully. Then I peed on their corpses. Then I squashed their eggs. Then I ate mirelurk steaks till naptime.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:38 pm

NoseSpray wrote:And here I was debating about selling my rig. I really was feeling battlefront when the trailers came out months ago. Now, I just can't really stomach buying yet another game I know I'll play for a few hours and never touch again (ahem, BF:H).
It is a whole lot better than Hardline. Not even comparable
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:13 pm

wottagunn wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:And here I was debating about selling my rig. I really was feeling battlefront when the trailers came out months ago. Now, I just can't really stomach buying yet another game I know I'll play for a few hours and never touch again (ahem, BF:H).
It is a whole lot better than Hardline. Not even comparable
Yeah I'm sure it is; it looks it at least. Just saying I have a bad habit of buying games and not playing them for more than a few hours. Eventually I come back to them, but some I don't. For instance, I bought BF3 and BF3 Premium and never played it other than the initial few hours. Then, two years later, that was ALL I played even after BF4 and BFH came out. Personally, I think BF3 owns both BF4 and BFH but regardless, what a waste of money for those two years. I could have just waited and bought it for $30 total.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:16 am

Rocket League is now $14 on PSN. Anyone here play it?
wizdom
Art Expert

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:32 am

I do, mostly local games with buddies for $ :lol:
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Been playing Rocket League religiously for the past month or so.. I really never get tired of it. I'd love to take somebody's money
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:40 pm

alright, ive seen so much RL talk maybe it's time to pick it up and dust off the ps4
Ohnoitsheddo
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:47 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Been playing Rocket League religiously for the past month or so.. I really never get tired of it. I'd love to take somebody's money
My wife is addicted. Good thing I have FO4 to keep me busy. drymount that guy at the hockey game
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Cross posting for RN cuz I don't think he frequents this thread:
rubberneck wrote:Image

Insane detail:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ib8nW
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:20 pm

I played walker assualt with a player named rubberrneck...wonder if that's EBs rubberneck. :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:55 pm

that looks insane!
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:38 am

Just picked up Arkham Knight Premium Edition (digital download) for $16 on Amazon! Might have been a price mistake.

PS4 version.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:44 am

RiotAct wrote:Just picked up Arkham Knight Premium Edition (digital download) for $16 on Amazon! Might have been a price mistake.

PS4 version.
Just saw that posted! I was going to grab it and i already have the reg version! Great mistake on their part.

PS i enjoyed it, first Batman i finished actually.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:55 am

Wow that's a steal. I should try waiting for game sales more often. I paid full price for Knight and still haven't finished it anyway. Games are an instant gratification kinda thing though. They're announced months and months in advance, then they're delayed, then delayed again. And by the time midnight before rolls around, I've had enough waiting gatdammit. I want it now.

But, really I don't feel too guilty about sixty bucks a pop. Could be much worse. When I bought Super Street Fighter II for the Sega Genesis, in 1994, I paid $69.99 plus tax. F'in cartridges, man. Now we pay for the big budgets, not the plastic. And aren't those budgets big. Producing games is expensive these days, yada yada. EA figured it out, and they figure we'll pay $129.99 plus tax. As long as they ease us into it. Cue DLC. Where's the ceiling, they wanna know. And I'm okay with that. Cuz I don't buy DLC. Cuz Fallout 4 and probably Battlefront and every other AAA game is easily worth more than the measly sixty bucks they want now. Have you seen the price of a drymounting Disney Blu Ray? Pfffft.