Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:13 pm

RiotAct wrote:
DickButt wrote:Should I try Fallout 4? I do not like RPGs, I played the original for about 2 hours and was bored with it and never went back. The insane hype and endless amazing reviews for 4 makes me question myself. With work and family stuff I have 1-2 hours a day tops to play games (more on weekends) so that also worries me since I know this game is something that needs to be played a lot to be enjoyed.
You should give it a try. The Fallout series, IMO, can still be enjoyed if you only play it in 90-minutes chunks every day (although the games get pretty addicting and you may want to keep playing!)
This. In 2 hours last night, I was done with the intro, character creation, and the first wasteland quest. Tonight I'll have time to finish another quest and do some wandering. Then on the weekend I'll be able to sink 7-8 hours in and really get going.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8442
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:24 pm

All this Fallout 4 talk and the odds of me getting around to playing it for another three weeks are probably nil...

...mostly because whenever I turn on my PS4 I seem to automatically gravitate towards Rocket League.

I was at PAX Aus the other weekend and had a great time there. Got to try out the Uncharted 4 multiplayer which was a lot of fun and seems like a nice enough change from the previous entries in the series so far. Did my first 'big' interview with someone as well which was a bit of a shock, but went well... Found out 20 minutes prior to the interview that I was interviewing one of the guys from Naughty Dog. I think it went well. For those interested, have a read here: http://www.anotherdungeon.com/pax-speci ... ughty-dog/
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
FestaUK
Art Expert
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:21 am
Location: Up North

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:40 am

wottagunn wrote:Enjoying fallout thus far. The whole "building/base management" stuff is a little annoying though.
Same here. Enjoying the Fallout experience.
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17534
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:18 am

Lol I did the side quest last night where I had to build some beds for the new settlement, and it took me a few minutes to realize I could only place them in certain areas (where they are highlighted green) :lol:

Still, great game so far, although I'm getting used to the somewhat re-designed HUD.
Image
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
bmd1191
Art Expert
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:35 am
Location: NJ

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:52 am

You think anywhere will have Fallout 4 discounted for Black Friday? lol I know, probably not.

Was also looking to get Until Dawn for a steal on black friday but it doesn't look like that is in any of the leaked ads so far. Oh well.
Image
User avatar
ColonelCash
Art Expert
Posts: 3748
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 am
Contact:

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:11 pm

DonPiano wrote:whenever I turn on my PS4 I seem to automatically gravitate towards Rocket League.
I keep hearing about this Rocket League game. Worthy of a download?
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:24 pm

bmd1191 wrote:You think anywhere will have Fallout 4 discounted for Black Friday? lol I know, probably not.

Was also looking to get Until Dawn for a steal on black friday but it doesn't look like that is in any of the leaked ads so far. Oh well.
Target has Buy 2 Games Get 1 Free this week.
User avatar
ToonKiller
Art Expert
Posts: 1922
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: High Plains Drifter

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:26 pm

Not really a fan of the sims part of Fallout 4. Don't want to build shacks and whatnot.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:28 pm

DickButt wrote:
bmd1191 wrote:You think anywhere will have Fallout 4 discounted for Black Friday? lol I know, probably not.

Was also looking to get Until Dawn for a steal on black friday but it doesn't look like that is in any of the leaked ads so far. Oh well.
Target has Buy 2 Games Get 1 Free this week.
too bad it's not next week when battlefront comes out. :hanging:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:37 pm

RiotAct wrote:Lol I did the side quest last night where I had to build some beds for the new settlement, and it took me a few minutes to realize I could only place them in certain areas (where they are highlighted green) :lol:

Still, great game so far, although I'm getting used to the somewhat re-designed HUD.
Had the same hiccup with the workshop. I like the base building, but there are definitely more pressing matters at hand in the wasteland. Last night I cleared out most of Lexington, that was a tough fight. Lots of ghouls. Tonight I'm headed to the drive-in.
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:54 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
DickButt wrote:
bmd1191 wrote:You think anywhere will have Fallout 4 discounted for Black Friday? lol I know, probably not.

Was also looking to get Until Dawn for a steal on black friday but it doesn't look like that is in any of the leaked ads so far. Oh well.
Target has Buy 2 Games Get 1 Free this week.
too bad it's not next week when battlefront comes out. :hanging:
Technically, you COULD purchase games this week at Target, and then go to Walmart next week and exchange one for Battlefront. Walmart does not require a receipt and will give you store credit, which can be spent on Battlefront. Target will make you pay the difference since all 3 games are rung up as $40/each and not $60/60/0.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:06 pm

DickButt wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
DickButt wrote:
bmd1191 wrote:You think anywhere will have Fallout 4 discounted for Black Friday? lol I know, probably not.

Was also looking to get Until Dawn for a steal on black friday but it doesn't look like that is in any of the leaked ads so far. Oh well.
Target has Buy 2 Games Get 1 Free this week.
too bad it's not next week when battlefront comes out. :hanging:
Technically, you COULD purchase games this week at Target, and then go to Walmart next week and exchange one for Battlefront. Walmart does not require a receipt and will give you store credit, which can be spent on Battlefront. Target will make you pay the difference since all 3 games are rung up as $40/each and not $60/60/0.
not a bad idea...but, sounds like too much work. I avoid walmart at all costs.

EDIT: I'm starting to think that's a great idea.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
Bikejoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4264
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Yikes.. I honestly wouldn't recommend a game with gimmicky quick time events over Fallout 4 to anybody, no matter what kind of games they're into.

Fallout 1 vs Fallout 4 might as well be different franchises. Get it, I promise you won't regret it.

As far as the workshop goes, I'm just going to finish the game as Bethesda built it, then mess around with the settlements on my second playthrough (which will definitely be a melee heavy build)
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5445
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Yep, I agree with all of this.
Thoroughly enjoying the game. I couldn’t put it down last night. Level 17 at the moment.

Like with F3 and NV, I highly recommend the scrounger perk. You will constantly pick up uncommon ammo like .45, .308 etc.
User avatar
bmd1191
Art Expert
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:35 am
Location: NJ

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Will def be getting Fallout 4 regardless of if it is on sale or not. Might ask my sister to get it for me as a christmas gift.

Only wanted to grab Until Dawn if I was able to get it for like $20 somewhere on black friday. If not i'm gonna pass.

And there isn't a third game I really want/need to do the deal from target. Plus I never like to buy more than one game at a time cause I only usually play one game at a time and the others just sit for awhile and collect dust.
Image
Post Reply