Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:58 pm

I guess my only problem with the the elite controller is those levers that seem like sort of hair triggers? the way its laid out it kinda of seems like you can do alot of accidental button pressing. I guess you can just change the mapping?
ontheDL
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:31 am

Everything can be completely remapped to your liking. The back levers are also removable.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:59 am

Not exactly video game related but they finally released a "Sony licensed" "universal media remote" for PS4. I got it as when I'm not using PS4 to play games I'm watching movies/tv shows on it and I hate when the controller gets left on and battery drains when someone has used it to watch movies. So I set the remote up, and all seems good. It even works universally with my tv and cable box, and was pretty easy to set up. Then I go to check out some of the apps on the PS4. I've converted mostly to digital for movies and shrank down my Blu-Ray/DVDs. The only ones I still own on physical media are Criterions and movies that didn't disc to digital on Vudu, which is my streaming service of choice for buying stuff (mostly because of said D2D service). So I start Vudu up and... Nothing. Doesn't work at all. Can't even browse the selection. Netflix seemed to work. Didn't check Hulu or Amazon yet. But pretty annoying that Vudu doesn't work with it at all. So, don't buy it if you use Vudu. At least until they do an update.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:16 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:it's the small things. even the cord is appealing. Question is will it depend on the developers to make the extra buttons available to mapping? There are a few games the could really benefit from that. it was nice playing ME3 on PC and having the abilities mapped to hotkeys
did you like ME3 the best? personally, ME1 is my favorite.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:21 pm

mattkardish wrote:
afrosteeziac wrote:it's the small things. even the cord is appealing. Question is will it depend on the developers to make the extra buttons available to mapping? There are a few games the could really benefit from that. it was nice playing ME3 on PC and having the abilities mapped to hotkeys
did you like ME3 the best? personally, ME1 is my favorite.
Love it all really, but ME1 all day every day. With all the remaster stuff going on I was kind of disappointed the trilogy hasn't and might not get the treatment.
fitz
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:39 pm

Total War: Warhammer got released for pre-order but damn its expensive :( not sure I fancy dropping £50 now on a game that wont get released for another 6 months.
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:26 pm

dskdaniel wrote:Not exactly video game related but they finally released a "Sony licensed" "universal media remote" for PS4. I got it as when I'm not using PS4 to play games I'm watching movies/tv shows on it and I hate when the controller gets left on and battery drains when someone has used it to watch movies. So I set the remote up, and all seems good. It even works universally with my tv and cable box, and was pretty easy to set up. Then I go to check out some of the apps on the PS4. I've converted mostly to digital for movies and shrank down my Blu-Ray/DVDs. The only ones I still own on physical media are Criterions and movies that didn't disc to digital on Vudu, which is my streaming service of choice for buying stuff (mostly because of said D2D service). So I start Vudu up and... Nothing. Doesn't work at all. Can't even browse the selection. Netflix seemed to work. Didn't check Hulu or Amazon yet. But pretty annoying that Vudu doesn't work with it at all. So, don't buy it if you use Vudu. At least until they do an update.
For the sake of people not going out and spending money on new PS4 remotes or anything. If you own a Sony Bravia smart TV the remote it came with is already compatible with your ps4. i use it all the time for HBOGO & Netflix.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Bought a PS4 off the 'Bay last week, hope it arrives this week. Coming with Guitar Hero Live and Uncharted voucher, probably gonna unload both of those and keep the system. We'll see. Sold my release day 60GB PS3 last night, kinda sad to see it go, but the value on those are dropping rapidly, even with the ability to play PS2 games.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:40 pm

anyone hittin up gamestop tomorrow or amazon prime'in it for halo 5?
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:05 pm

mattkardish wrote:anyone hittin up gamestop tomorrow or amazon prime'in it for halo 5?
Think Im picking it up tomorrow
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:46 pm

Does anybody think Black Ops 3 will be any good?
Im really on the fence about getting it.
Ive liked a few COD games (early MW’s, and both BO’s) but some recent ones were garbage.
I’m getting Fallout 4 on release, which is my most anticipated game aside from Dark Souls 3, and ill be getting Battlefront also to play with mates. BO3 is out 4 days before Fallout – I don’t know if I should get it and play flatout for four days before jumping on to fallout, or to give it a miss completely.
Those 4 days obviously aren’t enough to justify getting it, but ive been wanting to play a good online FPS for a while now and they’re great to pick up and play a few quick rounds.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Lol turn on your 360 and play MW2. That's a true console FPS. I'd say wait and save the $60. 4 days is short haha. Also can't wait for Fallout.

And Afro, think I'll be grabbing it on my lunch tomorrow. Hopefully it'll make it out of the plastic
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:32 am

I haven't played anything since Mad Max, which was supposed to be a break game after Witcher 3. But that turned into 70 hours cuz it's freaking good. And I won't play anything until fallout 4, which will be worth the wait. I really only have time to get lost in a game 6 or 7 times a year, which becomes 9-10 anyway cuz of surprises like mad max. im saving myself for fallout 4.
ontheDL
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:08 am

wottagunn wrote:Does anybody think Black Ops 3 will be any good?
Im really on the fence about getting it.
Ive liked a few COD games (early MW’s, and both BO’s) but some recent ones were garbage.
I’m getting Fallout 4 on release, which is my most anticipated game aside from Dark Souls 3, and ill be getting Battlefront also to play with mates. BO3 is out 4 days before Fallout – I don’t know if I should get it and play flatout for four days before jumping on to fallout, or to give it a miss completely.
Those 4 days obviously aren’t enough to justify getting it, but ive been wanting to play a good online FPS for a while now and they’re great to pick up and play a few quick rounds.
I enjoyed the beta. Haven't really been a fan of the series since MW3. Never really been a fan of treyarchs cod's either. But it was fun. It's definitely not like it used to be. You'll die. A lot. But as long as you accept the fact that you can't really play the series competitively anymore, you can probably enjoy it. I'd redbox it though if you're on the fence.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:52 am

how's Halo 5? Same as all the other Halos? :lol:
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.