Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:40 pm

It's all very weird and worrying. I think it's really shitty that Konami are removing his name from artwork for TPP and all his previous titles. :?
I know it's wholly their license in the future, but when it comes to previous titles Metal Gear has and always will be #aHideoKojimagame. It's never been a 'Konami' game, they look like petty fools for trying to re-write history.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Yeah pretty dumb. Metal Gear is my favorite series, and I'm totally fine with it continuing as he's said many times that he wants someone else to takeover, but not cool to strip his name off of his games. I do look forward to seeing what he's able to produce outside of Konami though.
markenglert
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:02 pm

I guess it makes sense if they are trying to put focus on metal gear as a brand, rather than Kojima.

Seems really dumb, unless it's something he requested.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm really sad he's no longer involved with Silent Hills. :(
Giuillermo del Toro is fantastic as a writer, but he's no game designer and Konami are hardly overflowing with proven talent.
HK and GDT were a real dream team, whatever comes out of the project will be very different and probably inferior now that someone new is at the helm.
アキラ
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:10 pm

markenglert wrote:I guess it makes sense if they are trying to put focus on metal gear as a brand, rather than Kojima.

One thing I find odd and a coincidence is the side-ops in Ground Zeroes.
The one I mean is the one where you use a UV light to erase the logos of the previous entries that Kojima was involved in (the ones he didn't direct aren't included in the game as far as I know)
. It was never explained or a mission parameter, so it was odd then and very odd now in light of what's going on with publicity materials.
アキラ
Superfro33
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Tales From the Borderlands EP2 was so drymounting good. :notworthy:
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:12 pm

Superfro33 wrote:Tales From the Borderlands EP2 was so drymounting good. :notworthy:
oh right, thats a thing still.
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:25 pm

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... HSALE15ALL

Crazy flash sale on a lot of older games.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:34 am

OtomoChaser wrote:
markenglert wrote:I guess it makes sense if they are trying to put focus on metal gear as a brand, rather than Kojima.

The one I mean is the one where you use a UV light to erase the logos of the previous entries that Kojima was involved in (the ones he didn't direct aren't included in the game as far as I know)
. It was never explained or a mission parameter, so it was odd then and very odd now in light of what's going on with publicity materials.
Haven't played one game of Metal Gear. Gonna have to try the next one out. What is the feel similar too?
Every morning I awake as someone else.
Odess
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:51 am

Honestly with the whole Kojima thing, I'm more excited than anything. Yeah it sucks they're taking his name off everything, but it's to protect themselves. I'm sure in the game credits he will still be the director.

What has me excited is he will finally be able to pursue something other than Metal Gear for the first time in near 20 years. Sure he can't doe Zone of Enders 3, but the man is brilliant and has lots of great ideas. Hopefully he and all the other guys that left Konami for a supercompany and develop some great games.
markenglert
Art Expert

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:22 am

WalterSobchak wrote:
OtomoChaser wrote:

Haven't played one game of Metal Gear. Gonna have to try the next one out. What is the feel similar too?
Hm... not a lot like it, actually. The story can be super confusing, even if you start at the beginning, which I would recommend. Well, start with Metal Gear Solid, don't go back to the NES one or anything.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:52 am

If he's gonna start at the beginning-beginning, then Snake-eater is the way to go. Though i'm not sure how emotionally resonant or coherent it would be without the knowledge of MGS1 and the 'Les enfants terrible' project.

I need to get the anthology and play the series in 3/Peacewalker/MGS1/2/4 order, and whichever one that is canon and followed Peacewalker (Portable Ops?). It might be a bit incoherent, but then that's never been Kojima's strongpoint. It'll be fun, regardless.
I probably ought to wait until 5 is released though, so as to fit Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain into proper chronological order.
アキラ
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:03 pm

markenglert wrote:
WalterSobchak wrote:
OtomoChaser wrote:

Hm... not a lot like it, actually. The story can be super confusing, even if you start at the beginning, which I would recommend. Well, start with Metal Gear Solid, don't go back to the NES one or anything.
Agreed! Could try the gamecube port if you don't have PS access, but either way, start with that classic.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Batman Arkham knight delayed till the 23 of june which not that long from the intial release. Glad rocksteady wants to make sure they work out the kinks!
markenglert
Art Expert

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:01 pm

So, Ori and the Blind Forest is pretty drymounting spectacular...