Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 am

Gundam wrote:
Aparedez89 wrote:
fitz wrote:^^ I cant block for fudge on that game either - my timing is way off :(
i always get butters killed with not blocking in time. also who did everyone pick to play as: warrior , mage, thief of jew. i picked jew of course :P
Thief, but most characters play pretty similar, sadly

True, but I was not expecting FFXV
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:08 pm

I dunno if I am too slow or this game is glitched but everytime I try to do the abortation it doesn't connect w my controller! -.-
Ayes
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Aparedez89 wrote:I dunno if I am too slow or this game is glitched but everytime I try to do the abortation it doesn't connect w my controller! -.-
What console are you playing on? Same thing happened to me on PS3, the first "abortation" :D worked fine but [spoiler]the second time I had to do it, inside Mr. Slave, drymounting game glitched on me every time and the machine kept breaking and the nuclear device would go off.[/spoiler] Tried loading a previous save file, didn't help. Eventually I just quit and I guess I'll wait until a patch is released.
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:37 am

Ayes wrote:
Aparedez89 wrote:I dunno if I am too slow or this game is glitched but everytime I try to do the abortation it doesn't connect w my controller! -.-
What console are you playing on? Same thing happened to me on PS3, the first "abortation" :D worked fine but [spoiler]the second time I had to do it, inside Mr. Slave, drymounting game glitched on me every time and the machine kept breaking and the nuclear device would go off.[/spoiler] Tried loading a previous save file, didn't help. Eventually I just quit and I guess I'll wait until a patch is released.
I'm playing on the 360. I tried for awhile today and I just quiet. I would watch pewdiepie or some others do it just fine while I couldn't get past the second step.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:45 am

Finally got Dark Souls on recommendation of you guys.
Goddamn it is soooo good!
Ridiculously hard though. I'm getting the fudge completely kicked outta me. :evil:
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
markenglert
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:49 am

OtomoChaser wrote:Finally got Dark Souls on recommendation of you guys.
Goddamn it is soooo good!
Ridiculously hard though. I'm getting the fudge completely kicked outta me. :evil:
Don't feel bad about looking up game mechanics on the internet, just stay away from the walkthroughs... also, don't treat it like a normal RPG and try to have a well-balanced character, dump all your stats into whatever you like to play as... strength, magic, etc... and when in doubt, dump points into vitality and endurance.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 am

I'm playing as a Warrior and boosting appropriate stats. But now i need magic and need to level up a good 6 or 7 times to get slots open. Gonna take a while. But i think i need it for the boss i'm about to face. I wish i'd got the magic slots when levels were cheaper in Souls. It's costing about 3500 each right now.

I'm trying to avoid walkthroughs.....but it's tough when it's so trial-and-error.
I wish there was an in-game map too. I've been spoiled by being spoon-fed for years. :oops:
アキラ
markenglert
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:06 am

OtomoChaser wrote:I'm playing as a Warrior and boosting appropriate stats. But now i need magic and need to level up a good 6 or 7 times to get slots open. Gonna take a while. But i think i need it for the boss i'm about to face. I wish i'd got the magic slots when levels were cheaper in Souls. It's costing about 3500 each right now.

I'm trying to avoid walkthroughs.....but it's tough when it's so trial-and-error.
I wish there was an in-game map too. I've been spoiled by being spoon-fed for years. :oops:
Soon enough you'll have the whole layout in your head... I was able to muddle through with one attunment slot and some defensive pyromancy.

If you aren't a magic build, pyro is good because it doesn't scale with your stats, you can just upgrade it with souls.

You should just upgrade your weapon if you're having trouble, I found that to be more useful than anything else, really.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:14 am

Thanks, Mark. :)
I've been upgrading my weapons so far. Maxxed out my BattleAxe, and i've got a level 4 katana that is pretty sweet.....attk power of 146 and 136 respectively.
The magic i want is for bolstering melee weapons with magic power - i'm all about hitting people in the face, rather than ranged magic. But an enchanted axe would be sweet, particularly for bosses where high damage needs to be inflicted quickly.
アキラ
markenglert
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:21 am

OtomoChaser wrote:Thanks, Mark. :)
I've been upgrading my weapons so far. Maxxed out my BattleAxe, and i've got a level 4 katana that is pretty sweet.....attk power of 146 and 136 respectively.
The magic i want is for bolstering melee weapons with magic power - i'm all about hitting people in the face, rather than ranged magic. But an enchanted axe would be sweet, particularly for bosses where high damage needs to be inflicted quickly.
ha, you ARE having fun, it seems!

When I did a strength character, I just maxxed out a club and found I could stagger and/or interrupt most every boss. Those scale great with strength.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:38 am

Bit.trip Runner 2 is on sale through nintendo eshop for $5 right now. Picked it up last night and it's pretty fun so far. I just finished harmo knight on 3DS so this will fill that void nicely.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Radsack79
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:24 am

Praise the sun!
Deserves got nothing to do with it.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:29 pm

So Dark Souls 2 comes out today here and the rest of the world I think. I know the US already have it.

So, does anyone here play it? I'm beyond excited. Both Demons' Souls and Dark Souls took over my life when they came out, and this one is going to do the same.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm somewhere over halfway through Dark Souls 1 (coming up to the boss in Anor Londo) , utterly hooked. Hopefully have it finished by Friday - then Dark Souls 2 is top of my list of games to get. I think it will be killer, though i'm worried by reports it's even harder. DS1 is pretty tough. :shock:
アキラ