Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
haven
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Perhaps I shouldn't lol at Chuck Woolery's son coming down with the corona, but I am.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:56 pm

haven wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:43 pm
Perhaps I shouldn't lol at Chuck Woolery's son coming down with the corona, but I am.
You can't make this stuff up. Insane
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
mattlew69
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:39 pm

I guess his twitter account won't be coming back in 2 and 2.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 pm

:lol:
haven
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:12 am

Just saw Neowise for the first time. Pretty cool to see in a clear dark sky.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:07 am

^ We got a pretty good cloud cover... Womp womp.

ygolohcysp wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:13 pm
Who's sending kids back to school?
Here schools aren't coming back until September (at least). It's still a month and a half to go and who knows how things will unfold; if nothing changes and things remain as they are now, my kids will be in school, I am fairly certain at the moment. If I were in your neck of the woods, on the other hand, they would be staying at home until further notice, most likely.

They (the local school board) sent us an email the other day with their plan A for opening the school. Since it is an elementary school (my oldest will be going to grade 1), they are thinking to keep the kids in their classrooms, having separate breaks/recesses (usually the whole school heads outside every recess unless it's pouring rain or the temperature is below -30C). So only direct contact with their classmates and teacher, assistant and whatnot. There 15-20 or so kids in every class. A few other things were mentioned but these two are essentially the main "safety" measures. They also might reduce the class sizes and have the kids attend on different days, different times of the day, etc. That's part of the plan B. There are also plans C and D, lol, but they haven't mentioned what those are.

We have been doing OK so far. Today we had the biggest spike in daily cases since May 2, which is concerning, but isn't too bad. We added 115 confirmed and 4 probable to the total of 804 active cases. Quite a bit, but currently there only 69 hospitalizations, 8 of which are in ICU, so the system is pretty far from capacity at the moment. If they proceed with the stage 3 of the opening (posted somewhere a couple of pages back what's included in that) in the near future, things might change quickly. Lots of donkeys around as it is, to be honest.

Another note on schools, they are now suggesting that it might be OK for kids to go to school and there is research that supports this point of view. I "know" a guy from the University of Alberta that is running another study on covid and kids; we will see what he finds. Thankfully, like I already mentioned, for us it is still another month and a half to observe what is happening here and elsewhere.

The whole world should have shut down a while back for a few weeks. We would likely all be laughing by now.

P.S. You should stop talking to yourself, ygolohcysp.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:47 am

Ha I just can't help myself comrade. I'm firmly in the wait and see camp but September is really not far away and things don't look promising. As of right now it's a resounding "hell no". We're watching a scenario play out with this virus in the US that leans heavily towards "worst case". what fun. It's really convenient to think "it's not even a bad flu" when you want your kids out of the house again or don't want to figure out child care when it's not a school doing that job for you. Or maybe you just really don't want your kids to miss out on the experiences and development... But is yours/their health worth it? The trade off does not seem equitable to me.

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:03 am

Nothing about the public education system in America is worth risking kid's lives.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 am

In reality, it's the faculty and support staff that are most at risk.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
haven
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:29 am

Nearly One-Third Of Florida Children Tested For COVID-19 Test Positive
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/florida- ... 4c3363e65f

“They are seeing there is damage to the lungs in these asymptomatic children,” she said, citing X-ray records, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“We don’t know how that is going to manifest a year from now or two years from now,” she said. “Is that child going to have chronic pulmonary problems or not?”
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Dude right? I mean I'm a selfish bastard so I'm worried about me and mine first but drymounting a... I would not want to be put in that position right now as a teacher. They have a right to not put themselves in danger.

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:18 pm

:heart:
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:32 am

^ Good stuff there, gorkie!

Saw some beautiful storms on the way from Calgary to Edmonton today. Some shitty phone pics from a moving vehicle of a couple below.

Started out with light rain leaving Calgary and some nice rays shortly after beaming through the clouds:

Heading back into light rain and some really nasty fudge to the right:

This "mushroom" was quite neat:

The same guy from a distance:

Some more cool out-of-focus stuff:

I should have stopped a few times to take better pics and a few panoramic ones. fudge was truly amazing.

Also got passed by this speedy gonzalez from Washington doing a little more than 160 km/h (I know because I wasn't "slacking" either).

jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:23 am

ygolohcysp wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:31 pm
Codeblue wrote:
Dude right? I mean I'm a selfish bastard so I'm worried about me and mine first but drymounting a... I would not want to be put in that position right now as a teacher. They have a right to not put themselves in danger.
Take this one step further. If you have 1/3 of a school's teachers go down then everything stops for those kids. Depending on the state, teachers get paid like garbage so there isn't a line of people ready to step into the void and teach. Our local district has at present 300 teaching positions open. So either we keep the teachers healthy or the point of in school vs. remote learning is moot.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:44 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:23 am
Depending on the state, teachers get paid like garbage
How much?