Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:39 am

From another site:

"I have never officially introduced myself. EVER

I doubt that many active internet warriors (active members who post on this forum) partake in the snooty tooty blue chip artists. I grew up thinking Jasper Johns was a boring artist because I was surrounded by it. I found Jean-Michel and Andy more cutting edge at the time. Mind you I was only 9 at the time and did everything my parents told me that was not good. I thought it was great to piss them off in any way i could... I tried to focus on how to start enough buisness selling firecracker, candy, mowing lawns any thing it took to get enough money to buy a Warhol at that time, to spite my parents. They would hate on the underground movement that was going on at the time in NY (Keith Allen Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Andy Warhol) They were more of the... "Well this sold at auction for this price and this and that" I absorbed everyhting they said but always wanted somthing more and better.. MORE AND BETTER... The basic Warhol screen prints were still expensive back in the 80's (at least for me as a 9 year old kid) I remember trying to pony up $1100 dollars for one (it took me all summer) and my dad shut me down. He ended up buying it for me, after I raised the money, "just because I worked so hard." I sold that piece to pay for my college so I didnt have to take a dime from my family. I ended getting an acedemic scholarship so I had some padding to start. Still took nothing from my parents.

Fairey in the late 90's did it for me..; I realised that I liked a certain eye for a nitch of street messages. I liked the graffiti, outlaw, fight anyone and every one type of art and artist, "in your face art" the stuff that forced you to think about the stuff you (we) are conditioned not to think about or suggest becuse it is cliche or inappropriate to talk about. Then a little brit, from Bristol came to the scene. I underestimated the machine but it has carried the entire focus of what I once thought urban was to what; it is, it can be, and will be...

Now all I think about is my 18 month old son.. There are tons of artists now that I find intriguing. I was able to secure 2 pieces that are in the 7 figure range/boarderline 8 figure in my short time on this earth. I feel like Banksy, Fairey and a few more artists are the only few that will stand the test of time. Meaning the in 200 years people will reflect on our generation and ponder what we were thinking about the scene/movement at the time. We are really so close to it we cannot really see it for what it is...WELL SOME OF US CAN.... but on the real somehow in the past 20 years street art/graffiti has found its way into galleries. Fairey got a piece into the Smithsonian for god sake... I guarantee in the next 50 years our childrens children will be ooooooohhhing and awwwwhhhing over the artists that we had the opportunity to witness.

I guess they can always pull an archive of the internet and review all the content that this forum will/has collected over time, as it will be a vital resource for the historians.

OK done thats ME

I am currently making a despicable halfassed attempt at creating art as an "Artist." I have always been OK at it, but never had the time to fully commit to such a vile and faux pas waste of time of a profession. However I thoroughly love wasting time and have nothing but time to waste. ;)
"
Last edited by samuraiwriter on Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:48 am

WTF did I just read?
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 am

jmagee87 wrote:WTF did I just read?
Dude just samurai'd you with his writing.
So it goes...
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:05 am

mfaith wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:WTF did I just read?
Dude just samurai'd you with his writing.
Not my writing! :lol: Sorry, I edited to make that clearer.

But from someone we all used to love around here... any guesses?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:15 am

Oh, haha. Babbs?
So it goes...
squalie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:16 am

Gotta be phish420
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:52 am

I'd assume it's babbs. Sounds like his sort of ramblings
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:56 am

The dude needs to go on meds sooner or later.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:39 pm

A few humble brags rolled into a rambling personal monologue on his hobby, family relationships and academic history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Was gonna guess foodie but don't think he has a boy.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Codeblue wrote:Was gonna guess foodie but don't think he has a boy.
It's also not like 90% CAPS LOCK.
haven
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm

The bullshit brag about having pieces valued in the 7 figure range has 420phish written all over it.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:57 pm

haven wrote:The bullshit brag about having pieces valued in the 7 figure range has 420phish written all over it.
It's 100% babbs - I haven't went over to UAA to find it, but it's almost certainly "Whitefish" who posted it.

Edit: http://urbanartassociation.com/user/19841/recent
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:00 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Was gonna guess foodie but don't think he has a boy.
It's also not like 90% CAPS LOCK.
Foodie doesn't know how to communicate in complete, human sentences.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:03 pm

It's definitely Babbs. Who else would use "snooty blue chip artists" in a sentence?