Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:02 pm

IWish wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:30 am
I really don't want them to total it, blue. I've taken such good care of my 4runner. Yeah, it needs new paint; other than that, it's in great shape. I can get another 200K miles on this vehicle... lol... prob won't live long enough to see that, but still...
If you've only put 112k miles on it in 23 years, it would take you another 40 years to log 200k more miles. Will we still have gas stations at that point?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks so much for the needed advice. I agree with everything mentioned.

Oh, man... I hate the thought of it being totaled. That's all I need... to buy a used vehicle at today's prices.

I wonder what happens to it - if it gets totaled? There's no way I can buy another vehicle that is as reliable for...what?... a couple grand. Can I keep the vehicle if it's totaled and the insurance pay out if it comes to that? lol.. I found a door available at a salvage yard for $150. I could buy and get that installed and get the entire vehicle painted for a couple grand.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:00 pm

The high market for used cars may play into your hand because your 4-Runner will be worth more than last year in relation to the repairs
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:03 pm

https://www.autoinsurance.org/if-my-ins ... i-keep-it/

You keep the car they subtract the salvage value from your payout
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:19 pm

Good point, jjttdw... I didn't consider that.

Good info, ygol. Thanks for the link. Provided options to think about.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:23 pm

Firestone regional mngr called me. Getting paint to match a '98 green is a problem for them. I'm, pretty sure, the want to put a different color door (salvaged door) on it and call it done.

Thing is... I'm sure they're still going to want me to pay for the engine work (aprox $700). So... I pay them and get back a car with a different color door. Okay, so... I get it - the vehicle needs new paint, but goddammit... I don't feel I should pay for the engine repairs in exchange. I can put that money towards a new paint job. What a mess!
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:32 pm

I also told him that I requested a specific repair tech and made the appt so he could work on it. They let someone else work on it without my knowledge... and he drymounted it up. That makes me so gd mad.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:26 pm

I'd seek an attorney's advice at this point.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
davemfan
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:26 pm
I'd seek an attorney's advice at this point.
This. Bottom line is they drymounted it up, they or someone fixes it. Your vehicle needs to be returned to you in the same condition. Can't get green paint, agree on a new color and paint the whole thing. None of this is your fault and you should not settle for a red door or whatever on your green vehicle.
ImageImageImage
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Thanks for the support, guys. I won't post about this again until I'm able to give a final update. You've helped me a lot - I feel better prepared to deal with this.

mmj is helping for the anxiety...lol I live in a smoke-free building, so my "Smoke Buddy' has been getting more use these past couple of days. Have you ever used one? They're the best thing ever... my sis bought me one for Christmas, last year. Now I'm off to make some bags to get my mind off this car fudge. Thanks, again.

https://www.smokebuddy.com/store/black- ... ilter.html
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:13 pm

Blow tubes really got an upgrade from fabric softener sheets in a toilet paper roll! That looks fancy sue.

I haven't smoked in like 40 days now, i wake up every morning tired and emotional from the intensity and duration of these DREAMS :shock:

I think this is legit my longest continuous break, going for 60 days to clear lifelong thc from my tissues
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:52 am

Dafug?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:33 am

Oh man, I’m almost a lucid dreamer when I take breaks from the ganj. I love it. If I consciously think of any person or thing for 5-10 minutes before I go to sleep I will dream about them/it almost 100% of the time.

Sorry about all that Wishy! Bringing a lawyer in seems like overkill IMO and will just drag out this drama, and cost you more money. Take the salvage door and request a 50% discount on the engine work, then do yourself a favor and move on. If Firestone manager won’t give you that then threaten small claims court.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:57 pm

haven't been around much but hope everyone is doing alright! started a new job and have had some life stuff going on, mostly good things though

iwish, sorry about your 4runner. That simply sucks.

I finally finished The Leftovers. It's a challenging journey that's not for everyone. But if you're up for it, it's more than worth it. Season 2 was my favorite but I loved Season 3 as well (there are only 3 seasons). I connected with the character Nora Durst on a level I didn't think was possible and learned a few things about myself along the way. Thanks to fin for recommending it more than a few times. Easily one of the best shows I've ever watched, hope others find their way to it over the years.
fredo
Art God

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:10 am

Boooo
Get back in your hole, Leftoverian.
just a foil for me today, thanks