Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:33 am

While I believe the WHO dropped the ball on other things, I don’t believe they were lying about the face coverings. They simply worked with the knowledge they had at the time.
WHO, CDC and did not recommend masks for the general public. (Fauci is guilty of this, too.) I get it...they wanted to prevent panic buying due to shortages and the need to take care of the front line workers. WHO, CDC, Fauci and others should have acted responsibly - it's their job.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... wear-masks

It was easy enough for them to reach out to the general public - recommending use "homemade" cloth face coverings early in this pandemic. I seem to recall it being reported by them that either cloth masks didn't work at all...maybe even suggesting that wearing one could possibly increase chances of getting sick.

It's possible that it's a matter of how I "translated" the information they were releasing at that time. I'm not inclined to go doomsday searching for articles to back that up. It doesn't matter...damage has already been done.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:14 pm

^ Yes, they said it won’t make any difference and may even cause harm in some cases. I don’t think it was an outright lie though.
veltri
Art Expert

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:31 pm

bubbie wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:14 pm
^ Yes, they said it won’t make any difference and may even cause harm in some cases. I don’t think it was an outright lie though.
Not an outright lie. Like if your boss said they're not giving you a raise because you would just use the extra amount on hookers and drugs and would probably go further into debt if you got the raise.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:19 pm

Speaking of hookers,

Luls. UN unites.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:34 pm

veltri wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Not an outright lie. Like if your boss said they're not giving you a raise because you would just use the extra amount on hookers and drugs and would probably go further into debt if you got the raise.
It's like my Boss lives in my head then.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:58 pm

As of tonight, the AZ governor closed all bars in the state for at least the next 30 days. Ditto gyms, water parks, movie theater.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:27 am

^ I don’t think there is any other way around it. Weird that they thought there was. It will happen everywhere where cases skyrocket.

We had 72 cases today in AB, the most per day in about 1.5 months. We will see how that goes. Masks are still optional, but encouraged where social distancing isn’t possible. Wonder if or when that will change. I don’t believe anywhere in Canada masks are mandatory yet.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:16 am

Our state was nowhere near meeting the criteria for reopening back in May. Governor started opening things up early...a day or two after "that man in the WH" visited our State. Two weeks later, we see a huge spike in cv cases.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 am

IWish wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:16 am
Our state was nowhere near meeting the criteria for reopening back in May. Governor started opening things up early...a day or two after "that man in the WH" visited our State. Two weeks later, we see a huge spike in cv cases.
who could have predicted? Certainly not scientists.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:15 pm

For those who have pets. It would probably be a good idea to have a plan in place. Who will take care of your pet(s) if you get sick? Just sayin...
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:33 am

It’s pretty insane what this virus can do. I remember reading about this guy back in the very beginning of April. He died on today, three months later, being 41.

AP: Broadway veteran Nick Cordero dies from virus complications

Cordero entered the emergency room on March 30 and had a succession of health setbacks, including mini-strokes, blood clots, septic infections, a tracheostomy and a temporary pacemaker implanted. He had been on a ventilator and unconscious and had his right leg amputated. A double lung transplant was being explored.

Crazy fudge. RIP.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:49 pm

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:55 pm

Bravo
That's what she said
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:03 pm

Dat was actually pretty apt during the Great Covid Panic.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:20 am

^ Is it going to happen again with the current situation in some states? Will there be a toilet paper run part two? Probably not because those with tendencies should be set for a decade from part one. On the other hand, the amount of TP we reportedly use here in North America... Reminds me of a pretty great toilet paper discussion in the old COVID thread.

This popped up today:

Who is WHO talking to? It seems that there are now two pretty set in their minds groups: the reasonable says “Thanks, Cap!” and the other group says “Yeah, right!”