Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:08 am

USA! USA! USA! USA!
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am

the plan is herd immunity. Duh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:29 pm

^ Yerp. It's as if the gov is saying to us, "just die already". Meanwhile, those in higher positions have their safe bunkers, rural summer homes, yachts, etc. to escape the sickness.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:32 pm

I should start taking names for those who refuse to wear a mask. This way, I can include that list of names in my obituary - as "cause of death". drymounting shame the idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:40 pm

That would probably have to be the plan for the whole world, but it doesn’t have to be implemented in a “herdy” way. What happens if (likely when) hospitals get overrun? Shutdown again? Let people pile up dead? Then rinse and repeat? I don’t get it. There is gotta be a plan, no?

Kramerica wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:08 am
USA! USA! USA! USA!
Lol.

IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:52 pm

I highly doubt they will ever shutdown, again. We're on our own. As fredo said...we're living in Mad Max times.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Doesn’t seem like it can work though. What are other options if the healthcare system starts reaching its capacity? Hopefully, that won’t happen, but there is a good likelihood it will in many places if things continue the way they are. What then? Not much doubt in my mind partial shutdowns will occur until common sense kicks in.

Here, I think most provinces have been clear that if people throw common sense out of the window, things will be rolled back quickly.

We have been opening up since mid May and these are the only restrictions we still have in place:

Restaurants, bars, etc have been open at 50% capacity since mid-May. Current restrictions on public gatherings are 50 people for indoors and 100 for outdoors. Movie theatres are about to open (also with restrictions); I personally don’t see myself going to one any time soon.

Daily case counts increased, obviously, but are not skyrocketing and are pretty stable for now:

Many people appear to not give a fudge anymore and seem to be pretty confident that since “nothing” had happened, it ain’t going to no matter what. Most, thankfully, still have common sense intact. Those who don’t cause some spikes, like a couple of weeks ago there were just under 40 cases linked to two “family gatherings”. Lol. Stupid gonna stupid. A town near by didn’t have a single case since the beginning, yet reported 11 a week or so ago because some dumb asses decided to have a get-together.

In larger cities probably about half or less wear masks from what I saw a couple of weeks ago. In the boonies it is a rarity to see someone wearing one.

Hospitals are nearly empty though. Currently, out of 506 active cases, 38 are hospitalized and only 8 are in ICU’s. We will see how it goes.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:42 pm

Bubbie you didn't hear? The numbers are a ruse, hospitals are pumping them up because China pays for every patient! Everything is fine, it's just going to go away
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:12 pm

They'll close fudge as capacity gets close to being met (ahem Houston), but not until then.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:15 pm

I doubt they'll shutdown. They'll probably transport patients to other hospitals (nearby cities) before they shutdown again. JMO.

Texas lieutenant governor, Dan Patrick. In the Texas lieutenant governor's mind, senior citizens in the US should be ready to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Yeah. Like I said, they're saying to us..."just die already." drymounters.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:33 pm

All bets are off in yer fugged up state (and just about every other red state). Don't worry, CA is stepping in to save yer arses already tho with PPE.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:11 am

Says the guy who lives in a hotspot state. Yeah, true heroes.

I only tolerate my red state because it's a clean and beautiful place to live. Unlike some polluted blue states.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:13 am

Clean and beautiful in the boonies maybe. Polluted in the big cities just like any other state. At least we have a statewide mask requirement here amirite.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ask-floyd/
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 am

Phoenix...yeah. Not here, though. Well, except for the smoke from the fires...it didn't settle into the valley much. Thankfully. It's a very clean city...we're not big and sprawling like Phoenix, Chandler, Scottsdale, etc.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:38 am

I live in a city where mask wearing is mandatory. Okay, sure...as if AZ is the only state with idiots. You really have it out for AZ, dontcha? Did you have a bad experience here, in the past? Maybe got your ass whipped by some girl?
Codeblue wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:13 am
Clean and beautiful in the boonies maybe. Polluted in the big cities just like any other state. At least we have a statewide mask requirement here amirite.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ask-floyd/