Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:00 am

That story was so confusing to me because it says Oakland! But then it made more sense and that's just some unfortunately funny stuff. All you can do is laugh right? People be believin' some crazy things these days. And they want you to believe that you're the brainwashed one
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:38 am

Lol. I am going to blame Oakland on the auto spell (likely what happened, whatever I typed). Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if the dude “checked his map” for Oakland. How does one find a map with all the “new towers”? I have so many questions.

fudge is pretty crazy. What sucks though, like I said in the previous post, that same dude was literally in my face reaching for apples last week in another store. I had to move because he would push me otherwise.

There is currently an outbreak at one of the oilfield camps in northern Alberta because one of the guys lied about his symptoms coming back for his shift. There were 5 confirmed cases yesterday because of him and a number of people in quarantine waiting for test results. He also lied to the airline when he flew to the camp, so a number of people on the plane have been exposed as well. From what I understand, the only reason he was exposed is because people who were on the same flight complained about his symptoms to whomever they did, which was too late because he already infected at least 5 at the camp. People are certainly stupid.

Edit: reread my previous post. Luls. Maybe I should start proofreading before hitting “submit”. Oakland is only a small part of the problem, lol.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:21 am

IWish wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 pm
I get tired of using store-bought fabric, so made new custom fabric. (Play on the Tide laundry detergent logo.) Saw this on a t-shirt in my FB feed and made a mask, instead.

(P.S. The grinch image on the previous post - masks can be found all over the net for purchase - just do a search if you're inclined. I purchased the art work to make my own.)

great job !
the stitching - wow, how about a Phishy hoodie ?

:clap:
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:57 am

Heh. No hoodies... I'm a bag maker (masks, too, these days.) I upgraded sewing machines. My old machine is a Chevy compared to my new machine a Cadillac (semi-industrial); hence, the stitch quality. This new machine sews thru just about anything. TMI, I know.

Have a great day.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:56 pm

^ I agree, that’s a pretty cool mask.

This must be pretty warm. Not sure if I would prefer 50C above zero or below. Probably the latter.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Thanks, bubbie.

This is a custom hip bag (double zip pockets) I made for a friend. She needed something to carry her meds and a small cold pack for them. I made it out of fabric called, denier. The water-resistant material backpacks are usually made of. I've learned a LOT since my poster weights gig.

Don't worry I won't bore you with my non-art related stuff. :-)

IWish
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:52 pm

Plan ahead. The flu shot takes up to two weeks to provide protection. Krogers/Frys has setup a 'vaccinations made easy' form to fill out. Don't submit until the day you plan to go. It's sent to the store of your choice - bring your own pen. :-) I have a 'thing' about using store pens.

https://www.kroger.com/rx/guest/vaccinations-made-easy/
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:29 am

From NASA Instagram today:

Aurora, meet airglow 🤩

Two of Earth’s most colorful upper atmospheric phenomena, aurora and airglow, met just before dawn in this March 16 photo shot by an astronaut on the International Space Station (@iss).⁣

Wavy green, red-topped wisps of aurora borealis appear to intersect the muted red-yellow band of airglow as the station passed just south of the Alaskan Peninsula. The rising Sun, behind Earth’s limb at the time of this photo, adds a deep blue to the horizon. Light from cities in British Columbia and Alberta, Canada, joins starlight to dot the early morning skyscape.⁣

Though they appear at similar altitudes, aurora and airglow are produced by different physical processes. Airglow is the emission of light from chemical interactions between oxygen, nitrogen, and other molecules in the upper atmosphere. Auroras, on the other hand, stem from interactions between solar energy and Earth’s magnetic field. ⁣

Credit: NASA⁣
Caption: Alex Stoken, @nasajohnson⁣
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:09 pm

I haven't used my page monitor for a couple years now. It sure served me , today, to purchase hard-to-get material for bag-making. lol +3 Copper metallic Tribal embossed faux leather. Woohoo!
haven
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:39 pm

This is awfully satisfying.

Jerry Falwell Jr. resigns as president of Liberty University
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/us/jerry ... index.html

Throughout the relationship, Granda said Falwell, Jr. "enjoyed watching from the corner of the room" as he and Becki had sex.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:21 am

Did anyone not think that he was sitting in a chair in the corner watching his wife and the "poolboy". I'd bet Falwell got cornholed.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
fredo
Art God

Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Literally everybody in the upper echelons of religion inc is suspect. They either did something, ignored something, and/or are compensating for something shameful.

Not that being banged by a buddy in front of your wife and a life size cut out of your dad pinned to a cross is shameful, of course. It’s the hypocrisy there.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:08 am

IWish wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:57 am
Heh. No hoodies... I'm a bag maker (masks, too, these days.) I upgraded sewing machines. My old machine is a Chevy compared to my new machine a Cadillac (semi-industrial); hence, the stitch quality. This new machine sews thru just about anything. TMI, I know.

Have a great day.
you do a great job :clap:

if you ever get a hankering to make one - my wallet will be here for you

until then - be well
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:14 pm

Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 pm

I saw that while scrolling through my timeline too :lol:
Have ya paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail.