Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:38 pm

Could care less if I can take a picture. Just want to see the damn thing. Steamed hams!
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:20 pm

^ Haha. That’s true. Pictures actually do not reflect even a bit of what it is really like, imo. On the other hand, if you have a camera that can do even 30 seconds of exposure, you can take a picture of it on most days around here, even if you do not see it, lol. So pictures can also be misleading that they may show more than what you can actually see.

Where it is really at is the movement of it. Mesmerizing fudge.

Tried to make a gif but it turns out looking too dark. This one made only the first few seconds of the video:

This one made it completely, I think, but I cannot squint enough to verify, lol:

bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:35 pm

Also, it looks like the msm lied to you all once again, laughing. It is a show for the northern euros once again:

At these numbers, you are not looking for much of Aurora, especially if it is on the other side of the planet. Kp was at 5 at some point in the past 24 hours, likely during the day here, lol.

I once saw a 9 that was only partially on our side. That was something. At one point it looked like the hippie t-shirt that you would see after popping some acid (add lights and crazy movement), expecting for sky to open up next and aliens come out of the wormhole and take over the planet. I was sober and never had acid, lol.

Look at spaceweather.com to see what is happening at any given time.

Edit: the msm thing is a reference to the other thread, obviously.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:34 am

In the dark (kind of), you can actually see it on those gifs above, lol. Even the little one if you stretch it full screen on the phone, to get rid of bright light around.

Anyway, came to post this:

Some dude north of Calgary stayed up all night waiting, lol. Very nice pic though:

This is an example, by the way, where way more than you can actually see is revealed by the camera. Pics above and especially the gifs are on the other side of the spectrum.
fredo
Art God

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:45 pm

I guess JFK jr is coming back to announce his candidacy at the Rolling Stones show tonight? Whoa. Mick is *not* gonna be pleased.
just a foil for me today, thanks
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:15 pm

Some of you might see something tonight. Nothing in my neck of the woods though. Some people in Airdrie (just north of Calgary) are reporting seeing aurora right now. Nothing in the boonies though.

Edit: correction, it is picking up in the boonies. Nothing to be excited about yet though. It should be ripping at 7. Depends on the type of the flare or whatever, I guess.

bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:02 am

Tried to turn the tv on and it wouldn’t. Looked at the batteries in the remote control and realized they are the original batteries it came with. This tv is about 8 or 9 years old. Not bad. Turned them around and it works again, for now. Not replacing. Will see how long they will last. Saving the world two aaa batteries at a time.
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:21 am

Yeah the flipping batteries trick always squeezes that last bit of juice out. I would go rechargeable where possible but with low drain devices like a remote it doesn't make much sense.

Also thanks for more aurora. Never stop.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:15 am

Went rechargeable years ago. Can't member the last time I bought batteries.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:15 am
Went rechargeable years ago. Can't member the last time I bought batteries.
Smart. The nice thing about rechargeables is you don't run out of batteries.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:15 pm

You do if you dont keep em charged. Even lsd batteries crap out if they're not used soon enough so you have to re-re-charge em before they can be used. Depending on the brand/quality ya buy, there's also a fairly high failure rate.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:13 pm

I charge them in batches and then have a charged/drained pile. Mostly used for game controllers.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:19 pm

I do too, but frequently forget to charge since I ain't a gamer. Regarding storage for drained vs undrained, I saw a tip somewhere that mentioned that bullet cases are useful for storing them (specifically AA and AAA). I purchased some of said bullet cases from Amazon and they work great.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:24 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:19 pm
I do too, but frequently forget to charge since I ain't a gamer. Regarding storage for drained vs undrained, I saw a tip somewhere that mentioned that bullet cases are useful for storing them (specifically AA and AAA). I purchased some of said bullet cases from Amazon and they work great.
What do you use batteries for? Can't think of the last time I used them besides in tv remotes...
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:34 pm

Original fleshlight wasn't rechargable is my best guess.